News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Dear Prudence

What makes it creepy? I think it's respectful without playing politics on one side or the other. Is it just all the figures?
The whole rah rah America thing (especially when people like Andrew Jackson get to be up there and no one even blinks) is definitely not my thing, but the figures themselves seem...off? Like some of the historical presidents I can see being a little off, maybe...but the modern ones? Why does Obama look like that?!?! 😬 The Jimmy Carter is terrifying. At least Lincoln looks like Lincoln at Great Moments (even if the reasons are a little creepy, hahaha). The way that the figures are lit in HOP where they all look like they have dark pits for eyes doesn't help.

It's a pretty show building, though.

brettf22

Premium Member
1. What artwork promised an Epcot Fountain.
IMG_8776.jpeg

KDM31091

I have to disagree with you about DL's BTM. I actually like WDW's better. They're both immensely fun, but there's just something about WDW's that I prefer.

The canoes and Columbia I'm sure add a lot to the energy...when they're running. Again, they weren't when I was there in 2019, so I can't speak on that from experience.

I personally wouldn't add Fantasmic to the list of plusses to that land. It was stuck there because where else are they going to put it? It's not there to add anything to the land itself. Again, I was there on weekdays so I didn't get to see it. But the thought of dealing with so many people in such a limited area kind of turned me off from the idea of seeing it even if I could.

I haven't traveled internally so I definitely can't speak on those lands. Hopefully one day. But when it comes to the comparison between WDW and DL, World's FL wins for me. Or...it did. Guess we'll see if that holds up.
The Columbia and the Canoes are both definitely not always running. I think the canoes are very seasonal, and the Columbia only runs either when the Riverboat is out of service, or on peak periods where both are running at once.

But, it is nice that at least sometimes, DL's ROA has more kinetic energy. We lost our canoes and keelboats long ago.

lazyboy97o

Yep. And notice the words “Sesame Street” next to that. So that’s combined income. SeaWorld owns the theme park rights to Sesame Street I think.
Sesame Street is owned by Sesame Workshop, formerly Children’s Television Workshop. It has never been owned by Disney or Henson.

United Parks & Resorts has the theme park rights in the United States. Internationally there are also Sesame Street attractions at PortAventura, Universal Studios Singapore and Universal Studios Japan.

psherman42

I don’t need to provide proof. I’m telling you there will be water and you can choose to believe me or not. That’s up to you. I’m not saying it will be anywhere near the amount that was there, or that you will think it’s worthy. I’m just telling you that there will be water, water features, and waterfalls.

1. What artwork promised an Epcot Fountain
2. There is water in New Fantasyland, including in the locations depicted in that art. The water next to Cinderellas chateau was slightly reduced when plans changed and it became SDMT but there is still water in that location.
3. That artwork is for Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. The water shown is the Rivers of America and it definitely exists. You can see the train trestle bridge and waterfalls.
If you’re going to make this claim over and over again, you actually do need to provide proof. You still haven’t defined water features.

Remember this? There’s a fountain the back. That does not exist. It is no a planter. So how can you say all these water “features” you’re promising so confidently won’t go the same way as that fountain? As for MK, you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. The water feature got reduced. As they always do. So forgive me for not being excited about them destroying the most scenic part in MK because you say there will be water “features”.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpeg
    IMG_4342.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 31

James Alucobond

Those were built and existed. They just looked like such hot garbo that they only ran during a few Run Disney events.
If you’re going to make this claim over and over again, you actually do need to provide proof. You still haven’t defined water features.

Remember this? There’s a fountain the back. That does not exist. It is no a planter. So how can you say all these water “features” you’re promising so confidently won’t go the same way as that fountain? As for MK, you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. The water feature got reduced. As they always do. So forgive me for not being excited about them destroying the most scenic part in MK because you say there will be water “features”.
You’re trotting out a historically unique situation.

psherman42

This artwork was shown at D23 2017 and introduced as bluesky artwork. It was said that imagineers were working on ideas to redo the front of Epcot. This was not announced or promised as something that was actually happening.
People have now shared three different photos of art in concept art and you’ve found an excuse for all of them. That should tell you something about why people are skeptical about this new area having water “features”.

peter11435

No, I actually don’t. Like I said you don’t have to believe me. But I’m telling you there will be water in the land.

What kind of proof do you want? A trip in my Time Machine?

Water features shouldn’t really need defined. You should be able to figure that one out on your own. There won’t be a river if that’s what you want me to say.

That fountain doesn’t exist because nothing in that artwork exists due to Covid related changes. It’s sucks now. I agree. But it’s not really fair to point to an extremely unique situation regarding a once in a lifetime global pandemic that led to massive changes for that project. Like I said… aside from Epcot what water was promised and not delivered?

The MK water feature was slightly reduced to accommodate a roller coaster instead of a meet and greet. I think we won that one.

James Alucobond

Are you really using Covid as justification for why Disney couldn’t build a fountain?
No, I’m just telling you that it is not indicative of a pattern. They don’t typically totally shut down construction mid-stream and then boot it back up months later with a significantly altered plan that they re-share with the public.

docnabox

The whole rah rah America thing (especially when people like Andrew Jackson get to be up there and no one even blinks) is definitely not my thing, but the figures themselves seem...off? Like some of the historical presidents I can see being a little off, maybe...but the modern ones? Why does Obama look like that?!?! 😬 The Jimmy Carter is terrifying. At least Lincoln looks like Lincoln at Great Moments (even if the reasons are a little creepy, hahaha). The way that the figures are lit in HOP where they all look like they have dark pits for eyes doesn't help.

It's a pretty show building, though.
I like “rah rah American” stuff. And it is the Hall of Presidents. The last I checked - correct me if I am wrong-Andrew Jackson did serve as President. So, he is rightfully there whether people like or disagree with who he was or not. Everyone of the men depicted on the stage had their faithful followers and their detractors and the show is not meant to be a debate on their individual performance as President or their administrative policies. It is a depiction of how these individuals cumulatively have offered leadership through good and bad times and how the USA, whose history has plenty of warts, is still full of plenty of positive things and some of that is because of the men that have held this office.

I hope that was not too “rah rah American” for you.

peter11435

People have now shared three different photos of art in concept art and you’ve found an excuse for all of them. That should tell you something about why people are skeptical about this new area having water “features”.
The Disneyland galaxy edge art that shows a river that does exist?

The new fantasyland art that shows water that does exist?

The Epcot bluesky art that was never promised or said to be what was actually happening?

So basically you have a single fountain that was cut from Epcot due to COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom