News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

psherman42

Any potentially damaging attendance drop is likely going to be in the long-term. EU will not take off with skyhigh attendance numbers (no park does) and I imagine detrimental effects wouldn’t kick in until 2027.
But if Cars doesn’t open until 2029 as speculated above (which feels insanely long to me), if effects started to be felt in 2027, couldn’t that still impact the budget for Cars? Sure the general land will be there along with the attractions but the smaller, finishing touches, like all the water features people keep assuring others exist, fall by the wayside? I’m just imagining a scenario like what happened at Epcot but significantly worse given what it’s replacing.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Cars land could be a great replacement for Tom Sawyer island if they make the surroundings realistic and not like a cartoon but I think the river has to stay, they could make a bridge to cars land. Not only does that river make the area it would also greatly benefit cars land.
Let the frontier have rivers, is the issue because TSI is too small for what they want to do with the two cars attractions and area?

Imagine instead they moved Cars Land or this Cars Concept to Disney's Hollywood Studios. That park would benefit from some refreshing waterfalls and cliffs and trees and foliage. It would of fitted so well next to beside Galaxy's Edge. They can actually embede real amounts of forest trees there as there is no underground casting tunnels. Imagine if they didn't do Toy Story Land and did this instead first BINGO!

Just then change Tom Sawyer Island and add something there like a Merida Brave in the wooden forest meet and greet story and arch nature game's. You can add something Brother Bear in that sized land and it would be perfect alongside the rivers. A Tiana Bayou Restaurant over facing the River and the Liberty Bell so Princess and The Frog and New Orleans.

Last edited:

ednamodedarling

I truly think EPIC UNIVERSE will not have the effect that people think it is going to have against Disney. Yes, it is another park to add to the mix of options. I just don't know that it will be a nostalgic multi visit vacation year after year that WDW is for most families. Emphasis on families. How to train your dragon isn't exactly the most lucrative property.

I certainly think it is impressive and people will go to see it. But I just don't see it becoming a park that families will want to visit annually for their vacation. Let alone their once in a life time theme park vacation.

DarkMetroid567

But if Cars doesn’t open until 2029 as speculated above (which feels insanely long to me), if effects started to be felt in 2027, couldn’t that still impact the budget for Cars? Sure the general land will be there along with the attractions but the smaller, finishing touches, like all the water features people keep assuring others exist, fall by the wayside? I’m just imagining a scenario like what happened at Epcot but significantly worse given what it’s replacing.
Definitely — we’ll have to cross our fingers. That being said, if budgets do get cut, I don’t see Universal being the reason. It kinda seems that the reason would be more external and unpredictable, like the economy, as Universal and Disney’s quarterly earnings seem to rise and fall on the same tides.

Disney Analyst

If this is going to be starting in earnest next year, I also cannot imagine it taking until
2029. I know the post shutdown situation was crazy, but I have to imagine they’ll speed things back to a normal pace?

Chef idea Mickey`=

I truly think EPIC UNIVERSE will not have the effect that people think it is going to have against Disney. Yes, it is another park to add to the mix of options. I just don't know that it will be a nostalgic multi visit vacation year after year that WDW is for most families. Emphasis on families. How to train your dragon isn't exactly the most lucrative property.

I certainly think it is impressive and people will go to see it. But I just don't see it becoming a park that families will want to visit annually for their vacation. Let alone their once in a life time theme park vacation.
For people it's down to all about what kind of memories they have and down the line the joy and love of sharing that same family experience or inner circle continue it down along with their kids and then their grandkids etc. Epic Universe is just new, Disneyland and Magic Kingdom and Epcot are the three oldest that any age can share the same. They did say that with Nintendo, Nintendo is a property that mom and dad and even grandpa loved so maybe that land alone is going to be unique just because the IP is already beloved by generations from it was a game to now an experience.

The Chatbox Ghost

Let the frontier have rivers, is the issue because TSI is too small for what they want to do with the two cars attractions and area?

Imagine instead they moved Cars Land or this Cars Concept to Disney's Hollywood Studios. That park would benefit from some refreshing waterfalls and cliffs and trees and foliage. It would of fitted so well next to beside Galaxy's Edge. They can actually embede real amounts of forest trees there as there is no underground casting tunnels. Imagine if they didn't do Toy Story Land and did this instead first BINGO!

Just then change Tom Sawyer Island and add something there like a Merida Brave in the wooden forest meet and greet story and arch nature game's. You can add something Brother Bear in that sized land and it would be perfect alongside the rivers. A Tiana Bayou Restaurant over facing the River and the Liberty Bell so Princess and The Frog and New Orleans.
You see though, that’s actually well thought out, which is against current MO! Why have fitting attractions with less profitable IP when you can shoe in one that prints money?

Chef idea Mickey`=

If this is going to be starting in earnest next year, I also cannot imagine it taking until
2029. I know the post shutdown situation was crazy, but I have to imagine they’ll speed things back to a normal pace?
V Land seems reasonable for a long time but not this Cars Frontier Land. Unless the scope of deconstruction and demolition leaves walls all around like it did at Epcot. Isn't the smart move build in phases for this. V Land doesn't need phases unless it wants to because it's being constructed behind on new land.

Tonto

This is the one that scares them, and the one thing they need to realize while they plan these projects. They can't out-IP Pokemon and Mario in scale. The former is the biggest media series on the planet after only 25 years and no singular thing they have is as strong, even if they had unrestricted Marvel rights which they don't. And they might also throw out Zelda or a number of other massive IP they own, really Nintendo could make their own resort themselves and go toe to toe but Universal then has even more.

Disney obviously has massive IP, and more IP overall, and they are going to need to use it against Nintendo. So I get why Cars is coming here. But they also need to consider that their strength is the image of impeccable theming, that it's considered the best themed resorts in the world, and that the vibes are happy. All far more then Universal. The more they neglect the parks, the more theming is considered less important, the more they cut, the more stressful and pricey it gets the more the public will see that image decline and make Disney vs Universal solely a battle of which IP is more enticing to a potential guest. And if they are going against Mario and Pokemon Disney is losing that battle.
A bit melodramatic.
I may not agree with the location of this ride, theming is not even a little part of its problem. It is stunning in my opinion. Now will it be good. It does look like Disney is pulling out all the stops in these additions at least for now. Time will tell though.

Mario land does look good though even though the main attraction is a bit of a disaster in my opinion.

Ghost93

Someday historians will ask “When did the concept of Disney theme parks end?”

When this was uttered by the Chairman:

"The American West has always been about keeping your eyes on the horizon … believing in yourself, carving your own path, and striving toward success. That goes for miners in the mountains, bears from the country, a princess from the bayou … or a racecar from the big city," Josh told the crowd.
If that's the new criteria for Frontierland — believing in yourself and carving your own path — we could have rides themed around modern Disney classics like Wish and Strange World as the heroes in those movies all strive to carve their own path. They would be new, relevant IPs. Could maybe get rid of outdated rides like Big Thunder Mountain to make room for them. :)

In all seriousness though, while I'm not at all upset about the loss of Tom Sawyer's island, that quote was one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

TheRealSkull

Currently holding out hope the backside of the Rivers of America is left untouched, and Villains goes behind it. There wouldn't be Tom Sawyer's Island, but it would be the best case scenario now.

Moth

There's something potentially being announced possibly as soon as next Destination D23 just as work starts on RoA that can be open as early as late 2026 to soften the blow for fans for another park. It'll be a fan favorite if it happens.

Disney has plans for 2026. I've heard some stuff, others have heard some stuff. Let's see where stuff happens.

Stuff.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If that's the new criteria for Frontierland — believing in yourself and carving your own path — we could have rides themed around modern Disney classics like Wish and Strange World as the heroes in those movies all strive to carve their own path. They would be new, relevant IPs. Could maybe get rid of outdated rides like Big Thunder Mountain to make room for them. :)

In all seriousness though, while I'm not at all upset about the loss of Tom Sawyer's island, that quote was one of the silliest things I've ever heard.
I'm surprised they haven't decided to turn Frontierland TSI into Frozen 2 with the Autumn Forest. Infact this could be brilliant because there's a river where Anna and Olaf moat on so there's your reason to keep ROA.

Isn't Anna and Elsa literally creating their own path in the sequel.....

Bingo! 😂🤗

Chef idea Mickey`=

Currently holding out hope the backside of the Rivers of America is left untouched, and Villains goes behind it. There wouldn't be Tom Sawyer's Island, but it would be the best case scenario now.

Chef Idea Mickey`= says
Havent thought of that. All we ask is to keep the Liberty Bell even if the sight of it with the castle was beautiful. 🤔 Can it stay and have a smaller circle route on the backside. You can drive cars and ride a ship. At least you then have the Best of Both World's a Legacy, a new Land, and new attractions.🥰

SCOTLORR

There's something potentially being announced possibly as soon as next Destination D23 just as work starts on RoA that can be open as early as late 2026 to soften the blow for fans for another park. It'll be a fan favorite if it happens.

Disney has plans for 2026. I've heard some stuff, others have heard some stuff. Let's see where stuff happens.

Stuff.
Reading the tea leaves, I assume the blow being softened is muppets being replaced in DHS for monstropolis? Muppets to MK in some way announced at Destination D23 next year?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Reading the tea leaves, I assume the blow being softened is muppets being replaced in DHS for monstropolis? Muppets to MK in some way announced at Destination D23 next year?
This TEA 🍃 pretty much confirms "why they did rid Splash Mountain, Country Bears to IP, and now TSI and ROA and there hasn't been a break since the first one."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom