News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Raineman

I still don't like this idea since I heard it a couple of days ago, but I've had time to think about it, and there is one bit of solace that not many people have mentioned. How often do we see plans for new lands/attractions have the exact same size and scale as the original plans/renditions? Pretty much everything gets cut down and changed when the budgets get cut. I don't think any changes in plans for this will save the riverboat and TSI, but they might result in what some people here have proposed-leaving the front part of the river and the island intact, to keep the same look and feel in LS & FL, while still adding the Cars attractions, albeit scaled back, on the same piece of property. I really hope that's what happens, and that is something that we could accept vs the total eradication of that area. If they do go full scale, they better at least shield the people in LS & FL from having to see or hear the ride vehicles, to try to maintain a minuscule amount of theming, but I don't have enough faith or trust in Disney to do something even that simple.

easyrowrdw

People on these boards have been asking insiders and trying to find out if the ROA are going away because they were concerned and cared and love for the ROA. Saying "one one gave crap about" the ROA when people were concerned and asking about it for months on here is a bold face lie.
I don’t think it’s just people on the boards either. I looked at the instagram post for this announcement and the comments were mostly negative. I figure those folks are Disney fans but not crazy (like us) Disney fans.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta can you elaborate as to what the other option was?

My understanding was the other option was Cars goes where Beyond Big Thunder will eventually be. So we'd keep Rivers of America, get Villains, and get Cars. And that would be it for MK under the current land development paperwork. (I could be wrong.)

I was ready to give up on the parks. Someone had to talk me off the metaphorical ledge.

Fun story: During that ledge moment I made a set of wildly inappropriate smart-axx comments on a group chat with ... individuals ... who, when they calmed me down, said they look forward to the public seeing them when we all release our "stories we'll tell when everyone has retired" stash.

Tons of programming to do today. Back tonight.

KDM31091

Kind of ironic that the theme of Cars was about the heart and charm of the old being bypassed by a rushed modern lifestyle which has no use for it, and no longer slows down to appreciate the little things.
But it’s about “exploring a new frontier” and “adventure” so I guess that’s good enough!

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
My understanding was the other option was Cars goes where Beyond Big Thunder will eventually be. So we'd keep Rivers of America, get Villains, and get Cars. And that would be it for MK under the current land development paperwork. (I could be wrong.)

I was ready to give up on the parks. Someone had to talk me off the metaphorical ledge.

Fun story: During that ledge moment I made a set of wildly inappropriate smart-axx comments on a group chat with ... individuals ... who, when they calmed me down, said they look forward to the public seeing them when we all release our "stories we'll tell when everyone has retired" stash.

Tons of programming to do today. Back tonight.
So basically we lost the ROA because they hate us?

DW Aficionado

I think the main issue is the fact that it’s hard to imagine how this land will look like once the river is gone because we are used to it being there.

Maybe the Cars area will be very pretty and enhance Frontierland, maybe it will be atrocious, none of us can know for sure because we are talking about something that doesn’t exist and that hasn’t existed yet. The only thing we DO know is that it will be different and that it will take time to get used to it once it opens regardless of how you feel about the final product because part of your mind will still be thinking about how it looked before.

Nonetheless, I do think that some of you are being hyperbolic. It’s okay to feel disappointed and wish they had gone on a different direction. It’s also okay to be ready to embrace change and accept the inevitable. But when it gets to name calling and such, it’s a little ridiculous…
All the other parks have a water area: Animal Kingdom has a water loop, Hollywood Studios has the pond where Gertie is, and Epcot has the lake. I'm afraid that MK will lose it's identity and just become a park jammed with rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom