Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
I wouldn't mind a Cars Land, as the mountain range is absolutely stunning. I think it's the best of any Disney mountain work (though Pandora may beat it), mainly because it realistically appears to extend into the distance.

The problem is that Radiator Springs Racers is the same ride system as Tests Track, which would further diminish Epcot's attraction lineup.

It can't get better then this. Not even Star Wars Land.
could-these-movies-come-to-life-at-disney-s-hollywood-studios-cars-land-in-california-547575[1].jpg

mouse_luv

It can't get better then this. Not even Star Wars Land. View attachment 131490

Here's an "on topic" post for you. What the heck do you have against Star Wars land so bad? And what's your hang up on a Cars Land? Can't you just be happy to go visit California (or perhaps you live there IDK) to see RSR and the rest of Cars Land? I mean, you pointed out earlier in the thread that both the rides that currently exist in Cars Land are the best so, why not just be happy that they exist there and move on with your life?!

I mean, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, and I'm not real happy with what they are making of "Toy Story Land" but dang, I'm not boo hoo'ing about it on a thread and so on and so forth. :rolleyes:

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Not sure if that's sarcastic (sorry).

The view from the side entrance via Pacific Wharf is stunning, one of the best visual moments in any Disney park, I think. The viewing area with the maps, along with the archway, especially.

No I'm being serious. And you're right. Cars Land will still be the best even when STL comes.

th[3].jpg

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Here's an "on topic" post for you. What the heck do you have against Star Wars land so bad? And what's your hang up on a Cars Land? Can't you just be happy to go visit California (or perhaps you live there IDK) to see RSR and the rest of Cars Land? I mean, you pointed out earlier in the thread that both the rides that currently exist in Cars Land are the best so, why not just be happy that they exist there and move on with your life?!

I mean, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, and I'm not real happy with what they are making of "Toy Story Land" but dang, I'm not boo hoo'ing about it on a thread and so on and so forth. :rolleyes:

I'm not boo hoo'ing about it either. I just like Cars Land (which I have been to and is still a smashing success today which will be the same in Florida if it comes there) and I think it would be a great addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

jensenrick

I wouldn't mind a Cars Land, as the mountain range is absolutely stunning. I think it's the best of any Disney mountain work (though Pandora may beat it), mainly because it realistically appears to extend into the distance.

The problem is that Radiator Springs Racers is the same ride system as Test Track, which would further diminish Epcot's attraction lineup.

[Notice the on-topic post. I'm trying.]

I don't see how Cars Land diminishes Epcot at all- they are so completely different.

JohnWD

The problem is that Radiator Springs Racers is the same ride system as Test Track, which would further diminish Epcot's attraction lineup.

[Notice the on-topic post. I'm trying.]
I rode RSR for the first time a few months back (and several times since), and you are right, it is stunning. I would love having cars land or even just RSR at WDW.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Since you have obviously have been to the future, what are the rides like in SWL?

No. You're missing the point. The rides don't mean as much to me. Maybe to all of you, and they are great! But I go to Disney parks mainly for the atmosphere. I can tell by concept art from STL that Cars Land will always be my favorite. I actually get more enjoyment sitting on a park bench at Cars Land watching the neon, and eating an ice cream cone than going on Radiator Springs Racers.

FigmentForver96

No. You're missing the point. The rides don't mean as much to me. Maybe to all of you, and they are great! But I go to Disney parks mainly for the atmosphere. I can tell by concept art that Cars Land will always be my favorite. I actually get more enjoyment sitting on a park bench at Cars Land watching the neon, and eating an ice cream cone than going on Radiator Springs Racers.
Oh Cars Land is amazing. I spend hours everytime I go out west, it's just that I would give Star Wars a chance at least. I assume from past post that you are not fond of the movies but hey maybe just are what they do. But I do agree, the mountain range is wonderful in DCA

jensenrick

No. You're missing the point. The rides don't mean as much to me. Maybe to all of you, and they are great! But I go to Disney parks mainly for the atmosphere. I can tell by concept art from STL that Cars Land will always be my favorite. I actually get more enjoyment sitting on a park bench at Cars Land watching the neon, and eating an ice cream cone than going on Radiator Springs Racers.

That's a lovely sentiment, and I love atmosphere as well- when it's done right. I don't know if management is interested in something that immersive anymore, not at WDW anyway.
I do hope I get to see Cars Land someday. As wonderful as it might be, I seriously doubt anything that great will come to DHS, the also-ran of parks.
I do have another conference in Burbank this November, so who knows- I might stop by.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Oh Cars Land is amazing. I spend hours everytime I go out west, it's just that I would give Star Wars a chance at least. I assume from past post that you are not fond of the movies but hey maybe just are what they do. But I do agree, the mountain range is wonderful in DCA

I'm glad you agree but Star Wars to me is not Disney. It's about people in bathrobes and aliens and explosions with glow in the dark sticks. That's what I see in it. I don't know about you, but I think Star Wars' darkness is completely the opposite of what is called, "The Happiest Place on Earth." What would Walt Disney want? People in bathrobes and aliens and explosions with glow in the dark sticks?

jensenrick

I'm glad you agree but Star Wars to me is not Disney. It's about people in bathrobes and aliens and explosions with glow in the dark sticks. That's what I see in it. I don't know about you, but I think Star Wars' darkness is completely the opposite of what is called, "The Happiest Place on Earth." What would Walt Disney want? People in bathrobes and aliens and explosions with glow in the dark sticks?

For better or for worse, what is "Disney" has changed considerably, and I don't see it going back to the good ol days.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
That's a lovely sentiment, and I love atmosphere as well- when it's done right. I don't know if management is interested in something that immersive anymore, not at WDW anyway.
I do hope I get to see Cars Land someday. As wonderful as it might be, I seriously doubt anything that great will come to DHS, the also-ran of parks.
I do have another conference in Burbank this November, so who knows- I might stop by.

I'm glad you agree too. I just love slowing down once in a while and watching the action of enjoyment happen right in front of me while I'm there. But I don't see Star Wars Land as an enjoyable place.

FigmentForver96

I have no idea what he wanted Lol. Truth be told right before he died he wanted to build a huge city with underground roads, peoplemover and futuristic airports. Who knows what he would have wanted. I personally think Stat Wars has been with Disney since the 80's and that makes it more fitting into the Disney family. That of course is simply a matter of opinion though.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster

You should go. It's quite something to see.

jensenrick

I'm glad you agree too. I just love slowing down once in a while and watching the action of enjoyment happen right in front of me while I'm there. But I don't see Star Wars Land as an enjoyable place.

*shrug* Perhaps. But you haven't been there yet, either.

Speaking of watching the action of enjoyment, have you been to Carkitt Market in Diagon Alley? Sorry to go OT for a moment, but there is a bench there by the Hopping Pot, where you can see kids and adults alike enjoy trying three of the favorite (IMO) "spells" of the Alley, and it's near constant hoots of delight from all who try.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
*shrug* Perhaps. But you haven't been there yet, either.

Speaking of watching the action of enjoyment, have you been to Carkitt Market in Diagon Alley? Sorry to go OT for a moment, but there is a bench there by the Hopping Pot, where you can see kids and adults alike enjoy trying three of the favorite (IMO) "spells" of the Alley, and it's near constant hoots of delight from all who try.

Actually I haven't can you post a pic of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom