Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

Matt in the Hatt

I have never watched cars but if the attractions are good then i can look past the IP. I think a more generalized pixar are would be better. Or even a less themed area.

No Name

I see your point, but why does everyone not have a problem with Star Wars Land being duplicated? And how do we know everything will be exactly the same in Cars Land at DHS?
Oh I don't love the fact that it's being duplicated. Would've much rather seen two different Star-Wars-themed lands on both coasts. First of all, from a regular customer's standpoint, it's just nice to know that what you're visiting is unique to where you are. Bad analogy here, but visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa wouldn't feel so special if there were multiple in different places around the world. From business standpoint, it's a good idea because the "hardcore" fans would have to visit both coasts to experience all there is to offer. And even normal visitors (locals included) to Disneyland who are wowed by their Star Wars land might be inclined to book a trip to Florida, and vice versa. It makes sense from both standpoints and it's certainly a good long-term strategy. Unfortunately Disney is a very short-term-oriented company and they (and Universal) sadly do not see the value in this.

Sure there are a few other advantages to duplicating. The main one is being able to learn from mistakes that were made the first time around. But other than that it's all about saving money today while losing money to be made down the road.

Last edited:

jt04

Okay now. I know what a bunch of you are thinking. HA! NOT GONNA HAPPEN. But I have strong courage that phase 3 is not going to be Muppets or Monstropolis or Incredibles (a whole land dedicated to one of those three ideas is too big). I can just tell by the amount of space they have left (picture down below) that this can work. Cars Land (if this is true) will save Disney's Hollywood Studios along with Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land.

View attachment 131469

Star Wars has made over 2 BILLION dollars in 2 months. That is why.

I think everyone one would love some treatment of Cars for the Studios but not a clone of Carsland. Any addition of the Cars franchise in Florida is likely way down the road.

the-reason14

But what if everything is not EXACTLY the same.

That could actually be a problem. If WDW is cloning Cars land and decide to make it a little different and that "difference" isn't as good as the original, then that could be a big problem. I just feel if they're going to do it then they need to do it right. And I rather them not even attempt it, I rather they just make something unique to WDW. Give people a reason to want to go to both resorts to get different experiences at each.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
That could actually be a problem. If WDW is cloning Cars land and decide to make it a little different and that "difference" isn't as good as the original, then that could be a big problem. I just feel if they're going to do it then they need to do it right. And I rather them not even attempt it, I rather they just make something unique to WDW. Give people a reason to want to go to both resorts to get different experiences at each.

But what if the land has different attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom