Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Well, you had all of the insiders saying conflicting information about SWL. Perhaps Disney is still working out the Gand master plan for SWL. It will be interesting to see if Muppets survives a few years down the road and it becomes a Star Wars Expansion. Then Star Tours could be connected to the rest of SWL - that ride has a nice, big capacity.

I still can't believe MuppetVision 3D is still around.

G00fyDad

Well, Jim Henson worked on it and I still enjoy it. It might become a showcase for more upcoming Star Wars movies. The two dining places could be turned into SW dining.

If they are pouring this much into the park why not create a whole new Muppets experience elsewhere in the park and utilize the entire current Muppets space for SWL?

G00fyDad

And move MuppetVision3D over there?

No. Get rid of MV3D altogether. Recreating it someplace else would make very little sense. However, if the current area were to need to shut down to make way for SWL then they would need to create an entirely NEW attraction somewhere else. Like over in the current Disney Junior spot.

It should be a live action style Muppets show in the same spirit as The Little Mermaid show there. Make it live action (more then the current version) with 4D effects.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
No. Get rid of MV3D altogether. Recreating it someplace else would make very little sense. However, if the current area were to need to shut down to make way for SWL then they would need to create an entirely NEW attraction somewhere else. Like over in the current Disney Junior spot.

It should be a live action style Muppets show in the same spirit as The Little Mermaid show there.

Sometimes I lie awake in the night asking the question, "Will MuppetVision3D ever be removed?"

Then a voice comes out and says, "We hate to tell you this, but if somebody just gave the area a new name, it's never going."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I still can't believe MuppetVision 3D is still around.
Very simple answer. It has a large capacity and low cost to operate. Every attraction has a cost to build and also a cost to operate and maintain. A complex ride like ToT has a lot of moving parts and costs a lot to operate. A 3D movie in a theater is really cheap to operate and maintain. It probably still gets average to above average guest reviews. It's also a good place to go on a hot or rainy day. It plays its part in the park and it plays it cheap.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Very simple answer. It has a large capacity and low cost to operate. Every attraction has a cost to build and also a cost to operate and maintain. A complex ride like ToT has a lot of moving parts and costs a lot to operate. A 3D movie in a theater is really cheap to operate and maintain. It probably still gets average to above average guest reviews. It's also a good place to go on a hot or rainy day. It plays its part in the park and it plays it cheap.

So my question: Is it sticking around when SWL opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom