cars coming to wdw

maier_michael

Original Poster
saw some ppl on twitter talking about an inevitable move of Cars to Epcot. anyone else hear anything like this?

EDIT: i know this isnt very specific, but i havent really heard any specifics. just have seen a lot of talk of pixar being integrated a lot more into the parks

Tip Top Club

You're very non-specific. Do you mean a Cars Attractions, or a Cars Greeting area (Like the one they are currently building at Disney's Hollywood Studios?)

DisneyMusician2

There is an interesting possibility of the World Showcase tie-in with the theme of the new film, and if they could structure it like the Kim Possible game (which is a ton of fun even for those of us with kids of our own!) then you might have a successful and fun addition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I assume he is referring to these tweets:

AnotherVoiceDIS Repentant Orc
@EPCOTExplorer @ProgressCityUSA And seriously, don't put a 'Carsland Lite' redo of 'Test Track' when GM won't pay the bills anymore.
7 hours ago

@EPCOTExplorer Rumors are that it's already designed. DCA show scenes and pieces were designed with the idea of cloning them for Epcot.
7 hours ago

@EPCOTExplorer @ProgressCityUSA Big time corp pressure on TDO to clone it, but WDW is sinking all its capital into Princessland.

JimboJones123

There is an interesting possibility of the World Showcase tie-in with the theme of the new film, and if they could structure it like the Kim Possible game (which is a ton of fun even for those of us with kids of our own!) then you might have a successful and fun addition.

A few things may be weird with KP being replaced with Cars.

1. Cars using cell phones. McQueen used one in the back of the truck, and it didn't seem like something that was used often in that universe.

2. Cars interacting in the human world. Unless there was some major Cars theming added to WS, it may be a stretch.

I guess I am still waiting to see what the actual theme of the movie is before I can give a true gut reaction though. So far it just looks like Mater as a fish out of water pretending to be a spy. I know for sure, with Pixar involved there will be much more to it, cannot wait to find out what.

zooey

There's no way they would clone Cars into Test Track... It just doesn't make any sense. The entire look of the pavilion space, the building, etc. would have to change. They might as well start from scratch with that kind of cost. If Cars is coming WDW then it's going in DHS.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You're very non-specific. Do you mean a Cars Attractions, or a Cars Greeting area (Like the one they are currently building at Disney's Hollywood Studios?)

Is there a topic about this, or any threads? I hadn't seen anything about it. Do tell! :]

There is already a Cars M&G area at DHS......

And this thread reminds me why so many people take their vacations during the summer....

zooey

A few things may be weird with KP being replaced with Cars.

1. Cars using cell phones. McQueen used one in the back of the truck, and it didn't seem like something that was used often in that universe.

2. Cars interacting in the human world. Unless there was some major Cars theming added to WS, it may be a stretch.

I guess I am still waiting to see what the actual theme of the movie is before I can give a true gut reaction though. So far it just looks like Mater as a fish out of water pretending to be a spy. I know for sure, with Pixar involved there will be much more to it, cannot wait to find out what.

Those are only a few questions that arise for an adult trying to watch cars...

Why are the buildings in the Cars universe obviously designed for humans?

Did Cars evolve to have consciousness after the human race died out or has this version of Earth never seen humans?

Who is building their infrastructure? Who makes objects such as clocks, couches, building signage, lightbulbs or even replacement parts?

In the Cars 2 trailer #1 they run into a luggage car and luggage spills over the road? Why do Cars need luggage? What could they possibly have to carry around with them, and don't the have trunks and a back seat as well to store such things?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Please disregard.

There were proposals to add minimal Cars items to Test Track but that fell by the wayside.

Hrudey3032

awesome! I love Cars 2!

You do? Have you already seen a copy of the movie to know you love it?

BTW yes that is Evan(Epcot Explorer) on there.I never understood why he left here but I was also in the hospital alot last year and missed the boards alot to know why.

maier_michael

Original Poster
I assume he is referring to these tweets:

@EPCOTExplorer @ProgressCityUSA And seriously, don't put a 'Carsland Lite' redo of 'Test Track' when GM won't pay the bills anymore.
7 hours ago

@EPCOTExplorer Rumors are that it's already designed. DCA show scenes and pieces were designed with the idea of cloning them for Epcot.
7 hours ago

@EPCOTExplorer @ProgressCityUSA Big time corp pressure on TDO to clone it, but WDW is sinking all its capital into Princessland.

yea thats what i was referring to. i wasnt being very specific because i didnt see much that was specific, but all the sudden saw people talking about how much pixar could be integrated into the parks in the coming years and thought maybe something was said recently to spark this. just curious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom