Carribean Beach!

WigglyWiggins

Hello,
currently basking in the glory of having been able to convince my parents to stay on site!
Have alwyas stayed at Holiday Inn Maingate West and although lovely and perfectly fine, last time we went to Disney got an upgrade throguh travel company to the swan. Aside from the actualy hotel (which was V. nice indeed) what we really enjoyed was the location. So having had a bite of the onsite bug, when my parents said they were considering going back to FLorida this year, i had to have a go at convincing them to stay on property, and... it worked! now completely overcome with excitement and cant wait to go! (bring on september)

Anyway...enough of the blabble, basically it would be really rather lovely of you all if you wouldnt mind just telling me a few really good points about the carribean beach resort, just so i can confirm to my parents theyve done the right thing! Also, the swan was fantastic but it isnt Disney Owned, what can i expect to be different?

Ta very much,
back to revising. A levels are rubbish.

Katherine

We just stayed at CBR in March and it is a gorgeous resort. There are many pools and a hottub and the food court is really nice and very pleasant. Also the rooms(correct me if I'm wrong)are the biggest in the moderate catergory. The colors are all very bright and pleasant and having a beach is a really nice plus because you can just relax. We also enjoyed the carribean music and everything. It is a GREAT resort but try to request a room close to the Old Port Royale(food court) we stayed in Aruba and it was a pleasant walk. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Erika

We also stayed in Aruba and I loved it. I think the little walk across the bridge every morning was my favorite part. Well, that and the hammocks. :D There was also live music every night at Port Royale that you could hear from across the water (but not from inside the room). I would request a room on the Aruba/Jamaica border. That way you're sure to be right over the bridge. If you get too far it can be quite a hike.

John wants to add-

pro- calypso music piped in everywhere. con- too many bus stops. But he loves it there.

Don't forget to feed the birds! 25 cents.

6422094.jpg

Upvote 0

HumanOddity

I really enjoyed the CBR.... we stayed in Barbados, and from outside of our room, we were able to hear Illuminations, and see the pyro/laser action that takes place over the tree tops. Really a nice unexpected perk.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach at least for ten vacations. You selected an excellent Resort to stay at.

I agree to request a room on the Aruba/Jamaica border area. The walk over the bridges and through the island is one of the best aspects of the Resort. And so many people don't get to experience it.

The birds feed right out of your hand.

The hammocks are massive and soft.

The modd is relaxing, colorful, and lush. Caribbean Beach is the way to go!

Great food court, and great center complex at "Old Port Royale!"

I wish I was specifically at CBR NOW!!

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Carribean Beach is my home away from home. Ever since my honeymoon, my wife and I have made a habit of staying there. No matter where you stay, you're sure to have a relaxing time. Just make sure you're used to walking (of course, you'll be doing a lot of that in the parks to).

The only pain that I've seen is that Old Port Royal can tend to be flooded with semi-rabid kids. If you want a quiet breakfast, this is the only (and minor) complaint I can think of.

BTW- Watch out for turtles when walking by the beach. They get friendly.

Upvote 0

hypercatmatt

Im only fourteen but that is my favorite resort.

I recommend Trinidad North for the best area because it is the smallest one and its right next to old port royale. The pool is very private too.

The only problem about CBR is that they remodled the food court.
Now it is like the All-Star food court.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

morrismhs

I also have stayed at CBR for the last 8 times and am going again in August. It is a great resort. I also stay in Jamaica each time. Most families like to stay in Martinique or Trinidad because of the food court. However, as others have said, it is not that long a walk across the bridge from Jam/Aruba. We are going with our 15 month old which should be a new experience. I am a little nervous about it, but am still excited to see her face.

Have a wonderful time!!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Caribbean Beach Resort is my favorite resort, next to Wilderness Lodge.

Yes, Caribbean Beach has the biggest rooms compared to the rest of the moderate resorts at Disney. It is also the first moderate resort on property. Rooms in the past had mini-bars, but they removed them about 5-6 years ago.

Caribbean Beach is also one of the United States's largest hotels.

When staying, ask for a particular island village. Jamacia is nice. Usually the first bus stop and right across the bridge is the food court and main pool. Avoid Trinadad South, it is far away from everything (usually the last bus stop.)

Have a fun trip!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

I am staying at CBR for the 3rd time this May, I think its a really good value and I love the beautiful landscaping around the resort. I've stayed in Aruba and Martinique, but am requesting Jamaica for my next trip b/c I couldn't get the preferred location w/the AP rates. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

Sgt Tibs

We love Martinique (25)!!!

We also love Jamaica and the stroll across Parrot Cay. They've moved the live parrots out, but that little island still has charm.... :)

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The CBR is great! I like the remodeled food court, it has a lot more sandwich toppings now and a microwave which is good. They used to have the live music, but they didn't have it this past summer. We have always stayed in Martinque or Trinidad North. You won't regret the stay. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

Original Poster
Hey thanks everyone for all your replys. very excited now!!!
It sounds great, and yes, if you live in the uk and want to stay on property.....hugely expensive, carribean beach was are price limit (especailly if we wanted to enjoy such luxuries at dole whips...mmm),
our whole family loves to walk, yes even in the florida heat, crazy i know.... is it possible to walk to any of the parks? jo xx

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by WigglyWiggins
Hey thanks everyone for all your replys. very excited now!!!
It sounds great, and yes, if you live in the uk and want to stay on property.....hugely expensive, carribean beach was are price limit (especailly if we wanted to enjoy such luxuries at dole whips...mmm),
our whole family loves to walk, yes even in the florida heat, crazy i know.... is it possible to walk to any of the parks? jo xx

CBR is located right next to Epcot...although...not in the right location :lol: It's located directly BEHIND World Showcase...so a walk would be a hike to get there :(

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Our favorite resort, along with Wilderness Lodge.

We stay in Aruba and walk across Parrott Cay everyday. It's also easier to get to the shuttle, esp. if you stay on the water side of Aruba.

Upvote 0

2BoysMum&Dad

This is our first trip to Florida and have booked to stay at CBR. After reading this thread, I am especially excited! I have done a lot of research already for our trip and have read loads of other good reports about CBR.

2BoysMum&Dad

Upvote 0

mad_mark

You've missed off the best bit......Laying in the hammock watching the fireworks over Epcot.

We went in August 2002 and loved every bit of it. We are going back to WDW this August and the difficult decision was whether to stay at CBR again or try another moderate, we finally went for CSR, hope we dont regret it:

Upvote 0

polyman 65

CBR is the worst resort on property,to big and checkin and food court are in seperate buildings and the resort is to spread out.This resort was Disneys first moderate resort so they learned from there mistakes like they did with all star sports,stay at Riverside its much nicer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom