Carousel of Progress Sign Change

Mansion Butler

It's being replaced with this:
worldclock_6_58.jpg

But with the date on the bottom.

SMRT-1

I'm wondering if this is part of the "Next Gen" stuff. I'm not talking about an interactive queue like the HM got...but maybe something that is activated kinda like the Scavenger Hunt being tested.

Maybe actual rotating gears?

what i was thinking.....

mrsdanalind

new signage.

Dying to see a photo of this. It doesn't sound promising...

I don't think I'll like it, I did like the other one, in that it was unique in a section of the park where they are trying to make everything the same. Besides isn't that a replica of the sign that they used in the World Fair that this ride premiered in?:(

blm07

It must just be temporary. I don't think it looks THAT bad, in fact it reminds me a little of the style of the 60s.

I don't think it could have been that expensive to paint or add 1-9 on that 3rd number (XX#X). It probably took a little work to remove the gear, and it took them years to do it? Then they just ripped the plastic sign off and left the residue? Really? Hooray for the year 20 11!

Here is an exciting video of 2010 in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_3pJl9Chs

Oddysey

It must just be temporary. I don't think it looks THAT bad, in fact it reminds me a little of the style of the 60s.

I don't think it could have been that expensive to paint or add 1-9 on that 3rd number (XX#X). It probably took a little work to remove the gear, and it took them years to do it? Then they just ripped the plastic sign off and left the residue? Really? Hooray for the year 20 11!

Here is an exciting video of 2010 in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_3pJl9Chs

Wow! Thanks for posting the video! I cant contain my excitment. :lol:

scottnj1966

I am sure this is temporary. I am also sure they had a tiny budget to come up with something temporary the old sign is repaired.

My reasoning that the is just being repaired, well they would have replaced it overnight if a new one was being built.

scottnj1966

Thought it would be cool to show some of the signs over the years of COP

cop1977.jpg

cop1988.jpg

cop1990.jpg

cop2002.jpg

2005 Halloween
cop2005halloween.jpg

cop2007.jpg

cop2010.jpg

2011 temp
cop2011temp.jpg

AndrewBradt

Does anyone else really like that '70s-'80s era sign? The Carousel logo at the bottom is reminiscent of the old Epcot Center FW pavilion icons.

mightynine

cop1988.jpg

Icons like this and the original Epcot batch really show how ahead of the time they were. You could bring that back today with updated type, and it wouldn't look out of place at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom