Carousel of Progress has a Fastpass sign up.

UofMGuy423

I got a Surprise Fastpass for Philharmagic when getting fastpasses for Peter Pan and then for Dumbo when we were there the first week of March this year. Both within a few hours of each other. It was kind of effective as it made me think to go to Philharmagic while we waited for the Peter Pan FP window to open. But I walked right in and didn't hand the CM the surprise fastpass.

awesomeinabox

So I was thinking, this could be a good thing for CoP and the like. People who usually wouldn't go will be going, if one out of every five people find it a bareable break from the swealtering heat of Florida they may start revisiting it and thus save it from extermination. I am NOT saying it is on the brink of being closed I'm just saying in the future if they go to close it there will be more people that will williningly stand up for it.
I love it but if I didn't go on it to escape the heat I would never have known it was there.

tl77

Which is exactly what Disney is trying to suggest people do by giving a "Surprise Fastpass" when you get a Space Mountain FP...

Seriously folks, THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FP+!!!!!!!!!! Stop trying to make it like it is.
I've been trying to stay neutral in any discussion about FP+ and hope to stay that way until it actually starts and I can judge it on its actual merits. But the more and more some posters on here come out as vehemently against FP+ at any opportunity in threads that have nothing to do with FP+, it makes me hope that I love FP+ because I don't want to have anything to do with these people.

-Rob

the smiley face means it's a joke :D lighten up, and have a magical day

luv

Original Poster
Yesterday WAS April fools day.....
Again, on April 2nd...in the words of Ace of Base, I saw the sign. As it turns out, many people have seen the sign before.

It wasnt an attempt at humor and wouldn't be funny if it were. I will not be denying it again, lol.

fam

Heard the bus services will be getting fastpasses too so you can cut in front of everyone standing in line for a bus....oh wait a minute they already have one...its called having a scooter or hanging out with someone on a scooter. ;P

prberk

Disney already has a plan in place and its not to trick people into wasting FP's or whatever. With FP+ you'll only be able to get a FP for one "major" attraction each day. All the attractions will be separated into 3 categories and you can only choose one from each category. So once you've used up your "E-Ticket" option for the day, thats it. Folks are going to be forced to make a choice, do they want a FP for Test Track, Soarin or Illuminations special seating for example. I think its a great idea and really going to help out the E-Ticket attractions stand-by lines from being crowded all day with a constant flow of FP'ers.

Actually this is not that different than the reason that the term "E ticket" exists in the first place. Walt himself knew of and used ticket differentiation as a method of crowd control. Upon admission, park goers received a ticketbook, with a few of each ticket "A," "B," "C," "D," and "E" inside, each letter corresponding to a group of attractions. The "A"s were things like the Main Street trolley ride, and the "E"s were the most adventurous. (See my avatar for an example of the "E" ticket attractions of the 1970s.) It worked very effectively at controlling the crowd, and made for a more even-paced day for most people. Of course you could purchase more of any ticket.

But the main purpose was crowd distribution.

All of that changed when they abandoned the ticket system, and for good or ill, and the "E ticket" attractions have been feeling the effect ever since. You see, in a way, the old ticket system made the "FastPass" unnnecessary. (Or you could say that getting rid of the old lettered ticket system help bring about the need for and innovation of "FastPass".) Either way, what is old is new again. It's all crowd control.

GrumpyFan

Actually this is not that different than the reason that the term "E ticket" exists in the first place. Walt himself knew of and used ticket differentiation as a method of crowd control. Upon admission, park goers received a ticketbook, with a few of each ticket "A," "B," "C," "D," and "E" inside, each letter corresponding to a group of attractions. The "A"s were things like the Main Street trolley ride, and the "E"s were the most adventurous. (See my avatar for an example of the "E" ticket attractions of the 1970s.) It worked very effectively at controlling the crowd, and made for a more even-paced day for most people. Of course you could purchase more of any ticket.

But the main purpose was crowd distribution.

All of that changed when they abandoned the ticket system, and for good or ill, and the "E ticket" attractions have been feeling the effect ever since. You see, in a way, the old ticket system made the "FastPass" unnnecessary. (Or you could say that getting rid of the old lettered ticket system help bring about the need for and innovation of "FastPass".) Either way, what is old is new again. It's all crowd control.

Good points. And, with the roll-out of MagicBands, it will be interesting to see if they experiment with an electronic return to this kind of system. Also, with ticket prices inching closer to the $100 mark, they could implement a tiered ticketing strategy where guests could purchase "experience" levels. Higher levels would cost more, but offer more FP+s than lower tiers, or allow the guest to ride more attractions. The new technologies they're pushing offer lots of options they could implement in a variety of ways to help with crowd disbursement and control.

fam

with more people they need more attractions to disperse the people...and a bigger park..and if they want me happier...add some strippers.

wdwgreek

Good points. And, with the roll-out of MagicBands, it will be interesting to see if they experiment with an electronic return to this kind of system. Also, with ticket prices inching closer to the $100 mark, they could implement a tiered ticketing strategy where guests could purchase "experience" levels. Higher levels would cost more, but offer more FP+s than lower tiers, or allow the guest to ride more attractions. The new technologies they're pushing offer lots of options they could implement in a variety of ways to help with crowd disbursement and control.

100 dollars a day, does that scare anyone else? I mean an expierence tier level would be neat, but the cost for the geusts could get out of hand unless they decrease the base ticket fee...

GrumpyFan

100 dollars a day, does that scare anyone else? I mean an expierence tier level would be neat, but the cost for the geusts could get out of hand unless they decrease the base ticket fee...

Ticket prices have been "adjusted" 14 times since January of 2000, averaging $3.21 for each increase.
Based on that, we could be less than 5 years away from the $100 mark.
Although, I think Disney, Uninversal and Seaworld will probably all hold out in kind of a draw/match to see who raises their ticket prices above $100 first. I don't think any of them want to go first, so it could give us an extra year or two.

-actually - was in Tomorrowland yesterday and the line for CoP was huge! Stood there drinking a coffee watching full audiences stream out and tons more people join the line! (..... It was a way to pass the time before a Space Mountain FP!!).

luv

Original Poster
100 dollars a day, does that scare anyone else?
I already hit my "Not paying that" point.

When people would ask me how much tickets were, I'd say, "Don't worry about it. My treat!"

Now I say, "$100, per person" and I wait for the expressions of shock. Then I say, "Well, just under $100. Still want to go?" There is alway more talk about the cost...and they often ask what else we could do. :)

Even my exceedingly well-mannered, non-complaining, soft-spoken uncle laughed and said, "Hooooooo. A hundred dollars, huh? We took the kids back in...1985, I think...and I don't remember what it cost then, but it wasn't anywhere near that, I can tell you. A hundred dollars?!" He did pony up the $200 for Epcot, though. And he bought dinner. :). But I know he's going to tell everyone what it cost, lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Doesn't work that way. They would have to be reassigned to something in the same category. CoP will not be in the same category as Splash or Space. Think of FP+ as the old Ticket books from Disneyland.

I don't buy into that and that isn't what the disclaimer is currently stating. Reserves the right to reassign FP+ in the event of operation...not reassign to an equivalent type of FP+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom