Carousel of Progress has a Fastpass sign up.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I don't buy into that and that isn't what the disclaimer is currently stating. Reserves the right to reassign FP+ in the event of operation...not reassign to an equivalent type of FP+

They also reserve the right to not honor the fastpasses at all, just as airlines reserve the right to turn off their frequent flyer programs and not give you anything for your miles. But none of those things will happen except in truly terrible situations, in which case, I expect that there will be even bigger problems to complain about.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They also reserve the right to not honor the fastpasses at all, just as airlines reserve the right to turn off their frequent flyer programs and not give you anything for your miles. But none of those things will happen except in truly terrible situations, in which case, I expect that there will be even bigger problems to complain about.

djkidkaz said:
Doesn't work that way. They would have to be reassigned to something in the same category. CoP will not be in the same category as Splash or Space. Think of FP+ as the old Ticket books from Disneyland.

See, we were not discussing frequent flyer programs, lets skip the rhetoric and stick to FP+. I pulled my information from Disney's Website about reserving the right to reassign FP+, where are you pulling your information from, I've never seen Disney state they will adhere to same category reassignments. Old enough to actually have WDW Ticket booklets, Country Bears is listed as and E attraction so I put little stock in yesteryears distinctions and moving away from where you are finding your information.

muteki

Doesn't work that way. They would have to be reassigned to something in the same category. CoP will not be in the same category as Splash or Space. Think of FP+ as the old Ticket books from Disneyland.

Actually, going by the FP+ attraction groupings seen in the trial periods, the groups are a mixture of all grades of tickets. Splash and CoP may very well be in the same group.

Doesn't mean if your Splash ressie gets hosed you are definitely going to CoP instead, but from what we have seen so far, they aren't being grouped by "ticket value". Rather, the groupings seem to be chosen based on demand, and to spread out the crowds.

Victor Kelly

They did that when we got fast passes for Peter Pan, We also were issued FP for Mickeys Philharmonic. Makes no sense, since you walk in as a mob.

Kirk88

There's a good chance that Swiss Family Treehouse will have one as well. :D I heard rumors that one will be issued for a Dole Whip too.
I would probably use one for a Dole Whip. :D When we were down there 2 summers ago, I walked up to the Dole Whip counter, the girl at the register looked at me and walked out.....and never returned!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Which is exactly what Disney is trying to suggest people do by giving a "Surprise Fastpass" when you get a Space Mountain FP...

Seriously folks, THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FP+!!!!!!!!!! Stop trying to make it like it is.
I've been trying to stay neutral in any discussion about FP+ and hope to stay that way until it actually starts and I can judge it on its actual merits. But the more and more some posters on here come out as vehemently against FP+ at any opportunity in threads that have nothing to do with FP+, it makes me hope that I love FP+ because I don't want to have anything to do with these people.

-Rob
You and FP+ should get a room

momof1princess

They did that when we got fast passes for Peter Pan, We also were issued FP for Mickeys Philharmonic. Makes no sense, since you walk in as a mob.

We got those too and didn't use the FP, but it did put Philharmonic on our radar, and we went back their later for a break and waited in line for 15 minutes or so. I'd say their ploy worked.

Jake Wilson

We got those too and didn't use the FP, but it did put Philharmonic on our radar, and we went back their later for a break and waited in line for 15 minutes or so. I'd say their ploy worked.

Agreed, on our trip we received the same FP and went to Philharmonic twice. I thouroughly love this attraction now and wont miss it any trip from here on out.

Lexxweb

The best example of how FastPass increases the wait time is The Little Mermaid. In California, even on the busiest days it holds a 20minute wait verses 60minutes here in Florida.

Exactly like the Haunted Mansion imo. HM and Pirates don't have Fastpass and they do just fine. I don't mind waiting 15-20 mins. Under The Sea has a cool queue I wouldnt mind waiting 15-20 mins in, unfortunately it's difficult finding a time when it has a 15/20 min wait lol :eek:

Goofyernmost

Exactly like the Haunted Mansion imo. HM and Pirates don't have Fastpass and they do just fine. I don't mind waiting 15-20 mins. Under The Sea has a cool queue I wouldnt mind waiting 15-20 mins in, unfortunately it's difficult finding a time when it has a 15/20 min wait lol :eek:
The problem with the Under the Sea queue is that even if there is no one else in the queue it takes 15 to 20 minutes just to walk through it. :eek::p

Tom

Beta Return
The problem with the Under the Sea queue is that even if there is no one else in the queue it takes 15 to 20 minutes just to walk through it. :eek::p

Especially if you're stopping to watch the little crabs, or watch Scuttle for a while. We did that a lot in November, usually late in the evening when nobody else was back in FLE.

Goofyernmost

Especially if you're stopping to watch the little crabs, or watch Scuttle for a while. We did that a lot in November, usually late in the evening when nobody else was back in FLE.
Even without stopping. I went on the ride during Wishes. I was the only one in the queue at the time. I didn't think I was ever going to get there. I believe that a couple of times, while traversing the switchbacks, I actually met myself. :D

RSoxNo1

The best example of how FastPass increases the wait time is The Little Mermaid. In California, even on the busiest days it holds a 20minute wait verses 60minutes here in Florida.
Fastpass contributes, but so does it's presence in Fantasyland and in a park with 65% higher attendance.

MikeTaylorSound

I
In all my visits, I've never actually had a Dole Whip. This is definitely going to be the year!

We didn't get one until our 2nd year back, because the line was so long and there was no attraction around... Ha,ha! Lesson learned! Who knew pineapple and soft serve can excite your taste buds!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom