Carousel of Progress has a Fastpass sign up.

luv

Original Poster
The confusion and fastpass+ outrage was well worth it though... good one luv
That was not my intention and I apologize if it seemed like it.

I honestly do not remember ever receiving a FP for CoP. I may never have received one and did not know it was part of their "Surprise Fastpass" thing.

RSoxNo1

Literally copy and pasted from a post I made just a few above yours:
It's fine if you want to speculate on something, but don't try to pass it off as fact. During peak season COP and PhilarMagic (maybe others?) have Surprise Fastpasses, like they have for years. It has nothing to do with FP+, so stop trying to use it to spread hate for the new system.

I'm just glad you're respecting my position as Mr. Disney Policeman. ;)

No April Fools, just a (very effective) way of spreading out the crowds.
First and foremost, this is not an effective way of spreading the crowds - it hasn't worked particularly well. Even during the busiest days of the year you can still walk into PhilharMagic and Carousel of Progress. When it was operable the same could be said about Honey I Shrunk the Audience as well.

Looking at the signage it does appear to be nothing more than a sandwich board for Surprise Fastpasses, but this is still intentional deception of guests.

rricks26

In terms of fp+, it might actually make non busier attractions busier. Just speculation of course but people seem to be more likely to do an attraction just on the basis that they have a fastpass for it. If it's true and you're only allowed one e ticket fastpass a day, it wouldn't surprise me if people start getting fastpasses for less crowded attractions, like CoP, because they can. Thus making them busier. Like the surprise ones. From my experience, surprise fastpasses get people to do attractions they are likely to glaze over.

GrumpyFan

Keep in mind, MyMagic and FP+ are still evolving. It is entirely possible that Disney may have a grander vision of an entirely pre-planned/scheduled park visit in all of this. They could roll this out via a pre-arranged package plan in the form that would fit specific experience types, kind of like they did with the most recent sweepstakes where they had Character Cuddles and Happy Endings, New Discoveries and Magical Makeovers, Wild Fun and Amazement, Big Thrills, Grownup Fun and Romance. Each of these packages included specifically targeted entertainment, dining and recreation offerings. Disney could easily create something like this for families planning a trip, and in it they would be able to virtually guarantee and pre-schedule each day's activities. And, while us, the seasoned guest with numerous visits behind us, might not care for it or find any use in it, there are many a guest with a family in tow, who may actually prefer to do it this way as it would save them from a ton of stress and planning.

wdwgreek

April Fools? Mabye? I can't see this as real, it loads 150-200 people every 5 minutes, how many people can queue for COP at a time?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
To trick people who don't know better into wasting their FP+ choice.

The reason to FP+ CoP is...So when Splash or Space goes down, Disney has a FP+ option available to reassign guests to. :eek:

And now if I may impose, everyone kneel down and say a prayer for those unfortunate front line, guest relations CM's that have to endure the wrath of the guests who booked Splash FP+ 60 days out and find themselves with a CoP FP+ while the brain childs of RFID FP+ are likely inspecting the DVC's in Hawaii?

Mr Bill

This has nothing to do with Fastpass+ or MyMagic+ or anything involving mathematical symbols.

They've been doing CoP surprise Fastpasses for years on busy days to try to get people on an attraction that has excess capacity. The only thing relatively new (and at least a year old) is the sign pointing people to a Fastpass return.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
First and foremost, this is not an effective way of spreading the crowds - it hasn't worked particularly well. Even during the busiest days of the year you can still walk into PhilharMagic and Carousel of Progress. When it was operable the same could be said about Honey I Shrunk the Audience as well.
How do you figure it's not effective? It gets butts in seats.

dreamfinder

.....Character Cuddles and Happy Endings.....

Was that really the name of one of those prize packages? That just strikes me as a furries dream vacation...... Although I could see the dads lining up for the princess portion of the package.

It all depends on your level of effectiveness. Is an increase on 10 people per show effective? Or would you deem an increase of 50 to be effective? Yes, that increase of 10 people may be doubling attendance, but it's barely making a dent in the overall crowd picture.

djkidkaz

The reason to FP+ CoP is...So when Splash or Space goes down, Disney has a FP+ option available to reassign guests to. :eek:

And now if I may impose, everyone kneel down and say a prayer for those unfortunate front line, guest relations CM's that have to endure the wrath of the guests who booked Splash FP+ 60 days out and find themselves with a CoP FP+ while the brain childs of RFID FP+ are likely inspecting the DVC's in Hawaii?

Doesn't work that way. They would have to be reassigned to something in the same category. CoP will not be in the same category as Splash or Space. Think of FP+ as the old Ticket books from Disneyland.

Fantasmic

Keep in mind, MyMagic and FP+ are still evolving. It is entirely possible that Disney may have a grander vision of an entirely pre-planned/scheduled park visit in all of this. They could roll this out via a pre-arranged package plan in the form that would fit specific experience types, kind of like they did with the most recent sweepstakes where they had Character Cuddles and Happy Endings, New Discoveries and Magical Makeovers, Wild Fun and Amazement, Big Thrills, Grownup Fun and Romance. Each of these packages included specifically targeted entertainment, dining and recreation offerings. Disney could easily create something like this for families planning a trip, and in it they would be able to virtually guarantee and pre-schedule each day's activities. And, while us, the seasoned guest with numerous visits behind us, might not care for it or find any use in it, there are many a guest with a family in tow, who may actually prefer to do it this way as it would save them from a ton of stress and planning.

Good god, I hope not. I do not want my holiday dictated to me!! Awful, Awful Idea is FP+ (well, actually, FP in general!)

RSoxNo1

I'm sure it moves a small percentage of guests, but I haven't seen it result in any of the shows reaching capacity. The amount of guests that it moves is insignificant, and it's playing on the ignorance of guests that don't know the real demand for these attractions.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It all depends on your level of effectiveness. Is an increase on 10 people per show effective? Or would you deem an increase of 50 to be effective? Yes, that increase of 10 people may be doubling attendance, but it's barely making a dent in the overall crowd picture.
True. From what I've seen, though, it's pretty darn effective, but it's hard to really tell. They'd have to try going through a peak season WITHOUT giving the Fastpasses, which there's no reason to try.

GrumpyFan

Good god, I hope not. I do not want my holiday dictated to me!! Awful, Awful Idea is FP+ (well, actually, FP in general!)

I would imagine something like this would be completely optional, and aimed at the infrequent or first time visitors. Many guests who don't visit WDW often, find the task of planning a trip to WDW stressful, overwhelming and time consuming. Considering there are more than 100 rides/attractions, 300+ restaurants/dining options, 30+ hotels it can be a bit overwhelming for the uninitiated.

Vader2112

quote="ImagineerDude, post: 5406444, member: 78541"]TTA usually has a longer line than CoP. This past Oct the line was almost wrapped around Astro Orbitor. Very wierd......[/quote]

Was like that on Saturday as well.

Rob562

:Dhaha! This is so funny! COP is where we go to kill time waiting for our Space Mt. or Buzz Lightyear Fast pass

Which is exactly what Disney is trying to suggest people do by giving a "Surprise Fastpass" when you get a Space Mountain FP...

Seriously folks, THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FP+!!!!!!!!!! Stop trying to make it like it is.
I've been trying to stay neutral in any discussion about FP+ and hope to stay that way until it actually starts and I can judge it on its actual merits. But the more and more some posters on here come out as vehemently against FP+ at any opportunity in threads that have nothing to do with FP+, it makes me hope that I love FP+ because I don't want to have anything to do with these people.

-Rob

goherdibg

While I occasionally enjoy the nostalgia of COP let's all be honest....some attractions actually need an incentive program to get guest to visit instead of a FastPass! For example, if you will please, please, please go on COP we will give you a free churro and a soda!!!

How about...If you go on CoP or TTA, at the exit we will give you a fastpass for Space, Splash, or another e-Ticket. I would sit through CoP for a FP for BTMRR. No problem. There's your incentive program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom