Carousel of Progress has a Fastpass sign up.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
They used to do this more often to control crowds. The FP machines would give you surprise fast passes to CoP and Philarmagic.

COP_Fast_Pass.JPG

luv

Original Poster
They used to do this more often to control crowds. The FP machines would give you surprise fast passes to CoP and Philarmagic.
I've received them for Philharmagic. I didn't know they issued them for CoP. Good to know! :). Since my son quit liking Buzz, I have never picked up a FP there.

Rob562

As mentioned, the "surprise FastPasses" that they give out for things that don't *need* FP are just to try and distribute people to non-busy attractions.

The FP sign at CoP is to give the Guests who don't know any better who are holding those surprise FP's a place to go rather than each one of them asking a CM "where do I enter with this?".

-Rob

Nemo14

As mentioned, the "surprise FastPasses" that they give out for things that don't *need* FP are just to try and distribute people to non-busy attractions.

The FP sign at CoP is to give the Guests who don't know any better who are holding those surprise FP's a place to go rather than each one of them asking a CM "where do I enter with this?".

-Rob

It's all very magical.....

jeff59rt

We were on this 3 weeks ago and kept e stopping because someone kept standing up .The ride would reset and we would have to watch the whole seen again, once is fine 3 times is a little much! They need a fp to get out not in!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's a bit of a mind game that Disney is playing for the start up of FP+. They need more FP locations so that they can get everyone to meet their 3 a day limit. I've been saying all along that they are going to control the crowds at the more popular attractions by forcing them on the public by saying that the rest are used up..but, here's one for CoP. Want it? I think we all will be surprised by the smoke and mirror show we will be witnessing when it is rolled out completely.
It's fine if you want to speculate on something, but don't try to pass it off as fact. During peak season COP and PhilarMagic (maybe others?) have Surprise Fastpasses, like they have for years. It has nothing to do with FP+, so stop trying to use it to spread hate for the new system.
TTA usually has a longer line than CoP. This past Oct the line was almost wrapped around Astro Orbitor. Very wierd......
Even with a line that long, it'd only be a 10 minute wait IF the ride doesn't stop.

Goofyernmost

It's fine if you want to speculate on something, but don't try to pass it off as fact. During peak season COP and PhilarMagic (maybe others?) have Surprise Fastpasses, like they have for years. It has nothing to do with FP+, so stop trying to use it to spread hate for the new system.
After reading it again, I will agree that it did sound like fact. Since none of us know what the facts are yet, it didn't occur to me that anyone would look at it as anything other then my opinion. Sorry Mr. Disney Policeman, I didn't intentionally try to pass along my opinion for fact.

However, that said, I will still bet that what I said will happen. Why? Because if Disney is already willing to pass out bogus Fastpasses for an attraction that needs it like I need an IRS audit, it will come as no shock to me if what I said does at some point become fact. BTW, I don't hate the new system, how can I hate something that doesn't even exist yet. I am just cynical about it and fearful that those of us that don't partake in the "I gotta stay on site to get the magic" gobbledegook, will be left out of the ability to tour in equal standing. Time will clear it all up, I hope!

GSP Guy

While I occasionally enjoy the nostalgia of COP let's all be honest....some attractions actually need an incentive program to get guest to visit instead of a FastPass! For example, if you will please, please, please go on COP we will give you a free churro and a soda!!!

djkidkaz

It's a bit of a mind game that Disney is playing for the start up of FP+. They need more FP locations so that they can get everyone to meet their 3 a day limit. I've been saying all along that they are going to control the crowds at the more popular attractions by forcing them on the public by saying that the rest are used up..but, here's one for CoP. Want it? I think we all will be surprised by the smoke and mirror show we will be witnessing when it is rolled out completely.

Disney already has a plan in place and its not to trick people into wasting FP's or whatever. With FP+ you'll only be able to get a FP for one "major" attraction each day. All the attractions will be separated into 3 categories and you can only choose one from each category. So once you've used up your "E-Ticket" option for the day, thats it. Folks are going to be forced to make a choice, do they want a FP for Test Track, Soarin or Illuminations special seating for example. I think its a great idea and really going to help out the E-Ticket attractions stand-by lines from being crowded all day with a constant flow of FP'ers.

minniemickeyfan

I remember getting a FP for it once too. I actually told the cast member we have fastpass (when it looked like we were all entering with the standby anyway) to see what he would say. Sure enough, he kind of gave me a surprised look.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
This is intentionally deceiving guests as part of Fastpass+. It's shameful in order to make this program work.
Literally copy and pasted from a post I made just a few above yours:
After reading it again, I will agree that it did sound like fact. Since none of us know what the facts are yet, it didn't occur to me that anyone would look at it as anything other then my opinion. Sorry Mr. Disney Policeman, I didn't intentionally try to pass along my opinion for fact.
I'm just glad you're respecting my position as Mr. Disney Policeman. ;)
April Fools! Gotta get pretty early in the evening to fool this fella :p
No April Fools, just a (very effective) way of spreading out the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom