Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

yensidtlaw1969

Now it will be easier than ever to keep tabs on the future
image.jpeg

Figments Friend

There has been recent talk about finally working on interior scenes....including the finale.
There is a desire to update / refresh it, but you know how the ol' story goes.....
" budget, time, etc..."

I really like the new paint job.
I'm not at all sad to see those teal /orange/ yellow gears go away.
This looks modern, yet 'retro' all at once.
The new lighting and landscaping looks nice too.
Must be even better in person.

If the rumored 'moving LED lights' are installed, I would assume these would be used to recreate the 'revolving building' effect.
Similar to what was done at the New York Worlds Fair....creating the illuminated illusion that the building is in constant 'motion'.
Could be a nice touch if done well.
-

WEDwaydatamover

I'm really liking the new color scheme.

I am a Walt Disney World purist at heart, but I would really like the show updated and even maybe a radical show change all together. But only if it was given a real red carpet treatment. I can feel the villagers torches...

I would like to see them go from the turn of the last century, to the 1950s, to the Walt Disney World 1975 version, to a very distant future with a 3D Hologram (Grandpa on a beach in Honolulu) checking in on Christmas Day... I can wish.

dstrawn9889

that would be
I'm really liking the new color scheme.

I am a Walt Disney World purist at heart, but I would really like the show updated and even maybe a radical show change all together. But only if it was given a real red carpet treatment. I can feel the villagers torches...

I would like to see them go from the turn of the last century, to the 1950s, to the Walt Disney World 1975 version, to a very distant future with a 3D Hologram (Grandpa on a beach in Honolulu) checking in on Christmas Day... I can wish.
i would call "SHnenanigans'
shenanigans.jpg

---man i gotta go home and get my broom

WEDwaydatamover

And so if we're going to update the show we need to update the show for future generations.

This means 20 or 30 years down the line.

Disney doesn't think modern humans can handle 16 minutes of the Tiki Room or the Country Bears right now so shave it down to 12 minutes. Keep it dumb and quick. If this holds true let's apply it to the Carousel of Progress. If we apply this theory in another 20 years this will be the next gate stormer E-Ticket.

The building will be spinning faster than Mission Space. The painters will never keep up with the next design.

EOD K9

This is interesting to see what the complete paint job will be since I'm trying to interpret what it is... will the colors continue to show something like the colors of the day in the sky and how its shifts throughout the day? Or just some random colors that somewhat go with each other that the Glidden people put together with Imagineers. *shrugs*
The effect they want is that when the building gets up to a certain speed, you will be able to see a Mickey Mouse short being displayed.

prberk

I am on board with everyone else: I like the new/old paint scheme. It is properly Tomorrowland, I think.

I remember when Roy E. Disney's "Save Disney" website featured pics of the classic Tomorrowland with clean lines and lots of "white white" paint. It looked sharp, and I think this will, too, with the extra coats of paint.

Mad Stitch

Well, they do have to walk with it every four minutes....

:D
All I can picture is the work crews over and over moving and getting ready to paint at exactly 3:59...

"All right boys, brushes up annnnd......Sonuva.....ok pack it up."
Na, I picture the painters with one of these, and the painter stays in one place as the theater rotates underneath the roller.
paint-roller-110.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom