Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

RobbinsDad

From everything that I have read about it, it was possibly the most popular pavilion at the Fair. Probably why it has lasted 50 years, so we should bulldoze it, it's just another dated attraction with no relevance to anything.

Or better yet let's alter it so it no longer even resembles the historic Worlds Fair show. Who needs to see that anyway?
I'm thinking GOTG overlay. The Collector's Carousel of Collections.

MissM

They have definitely done something recently with the lighting in the scenes. It's MUCH better than it was previously. The lightning is much more atmospheric lately. I rode it a couple weeks ago and I was impressed with the color and tone of the lightning used in the scenes. For example, the 1920's looked warm, old fashioned light, and it looked much more like it was evening - especially with the view outside the window. Previously, it looked kinda silly because it looked very "daylight" and it made it hard to figure out the discrepancies of Sarah being on the porch and it looking dark there and yet it looked like bright afternoon in the kitchen with John.

So no, it's not an overhaul of the final scene but I give kudos that someone spent some time overhauling the lighting and giving it a more uniform temperature/hue and feel appropriate to each scene.

Brian Swan

It's worse when it's a Nimitz Class fleet.....
IMG_7391-vi.jpg
I fear Norway will look worse than this in a month or so...

Brian Swan

Can't beat any more striking than it's original look!! It really was a sight to behold. All of the ribbing on the roof had synchronized lights that could form changing patterns and colors. It gave the illusion that the entire roof was rotating.

View attachment 142997
That was SO cool. I was 6 when I saw it, and it totally amazed me - I really DID think the whole building was spinning.

Clamman73

The top part being blue is how I remember it as a kid being on the Peoplemover in those early '80s days. Waiting to see if they complete the old school look of the first level being vertical stripes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom