News Caribbean Beach Expansion

surfsupdon

Captain’s Tavern and Shutters were both superior names.

Speaking of Captain’s Tavern, that original afterthought of a restaurant and the original food court felt very Pirates of the Caribbean. Remember the stone walls, wrought iron details, and gas lights?? It worked so well.

Jon81uk

This seems to show regsters with menus behind them, I'm not familiar with the old quick service at CBR, but does this indicate they are moving away from the food court style system of getting your food first and then paying. I would much prefer ordering and then table trackers (similar to D-Luxe burgers at DS or Be Our Guest at MK) for hot food. Most of the moderate and deluxe food courts could benefit from this sort of service.

Bocabear

It looks like a Pollo Tropical fast food restaurant with an upgraded theming package...The Palapa ceiling tratment is nice but the rest...Meh... Which has been this whole project...gone are the great thematic details..the stonework and gas lamps, the POC type decor... replaced by the mundane faux caribbean theming you can see at your local smoothie shop.

Missing20K

It looks like a Pollo Tropical fast food restaurant with an upgraded theming package...The Palapa ceiling tratment is nice but the rest...Meh... Which has been this whole project...gone are the great thematic details..the stonework and gas lamps, the POC type decor... replaced by the mundane faux caribbean theming you can see at your local smoothie shop.

We haven't always seen eye to eye but this is a fantastic description based on the banal concept art.

Bocabear

We haven't always seen eye to eye but this is a fantastic description based on the banal concept art.
It started a while back, but I am wondering if they are just jobbing all the interior design work out to a company that does bland corporate hospitality work... There is a real lack of Disney Details in all of the recent projects... Banal is the perfect word...

TJJohn12

Has anyone laid eyes (I've seen the photo reports - it's tough to tell from them) on the progress on CBR? Anyone that's been on the ground hazard a guess as to completion date?

Missing20K

It started a while back, but I am wondering if they are just jobbing all the interior design work out to a company that does bland corporate hospitality work... There is a real lack of Disney Details in all of the recent projects... Banal is the perfect word...

Not sure of the cause, but I feel it extends to both interior and exterior designs of nearly all of the hospitality (lodging and dining) aspects of the property.

Awe-inspiring design doesn't seem to mesh well with maintaining dividends or share buybacks in the short term. The long con, of course, is that awe-inspiring design creates a competitive advantage that leads to consistent dividends and share buybacks. Real chicken and egg problem they've created for themselves.

lawdogNOLA

October 1.

That's what I've been suggesting is their target. October 1, 2018, is the 30th Anniversary of the opening of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, and the 47th anniversary of the opening of WDW. Considering the progress that has been made, and they still have a month and 1/2 to play with, it's definitely a possibility. But with storm season still to come, they're going to hold their cards close to the vest. I also think they want for the big cranes at the Riviera to come down before they reboot CBR, to make it look less like a construction zone.

The new entrance is in place; it will literally just take them a matter of hours to put up the new signage for the new entrance on Victory Way, so I won't be surprised if we get as little as 2 weeks notice, or less, for the grand re-opening (and after Sept. 15th is when hurricane season traditionally starts to wind down, not, of course, a guarantee).

Bartattack

Picture of the work being done on the new entrance at old port royal...

65DD935A-B2E7-4559-9CE6-1CCCB27A6835.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Picture of the work being done on the new entrance at old port royal...

View attachment 304712
I’m always torn when I see stuff like this. The new resort common areas look cool and will be an overall upgrade, but there’s some attachment to the way things were....and I’m not talking about the Riviera plans, just some of the smaller stuff around the resort common areas. I don’t want to open that debate again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom