News Caribbean Beach Expansion

Flalex72

Ummm haha. Who knows! But I’m seriously curious if it’s primer or paint :) there’s no point forming an opinion it if it’s going away. Not that I think it looks bad anyway!

I doubt it's primer. Metal roofs are usually factory finished, where it's much easier to control quality, and less of a hassle than painting in place.

Most of the metal roofs are the same as before, so it could be primer if they were painting over the old colour. Instead, it looks like they've replaced the roofing, you can see the strips of water barrier across the roof at the bottom of the photo where the metal roof has been removed.

Bartattack

Haven't seen any real closeups of the construction... so here's one from may 15th... (courtesy from @drunkatdisney on twitter)

9511e70b-97f1-4116-8173-df3ae630fc3a.jpg

BryanM

Do we have an idea of an opening date for Old Port Royale? I assume it'll be early Fall if exterior painting is underway... but of course it all depends on the interior progress with the new check in area and such.

surfsupdon

Was just thinking again, didn’t we hear that CBR would have a bus take Guests to Skyliner station? If you were to walk towards it, you’d be crossing the main entrance. I’m fine crossing roads, but I’d think the roads would be backed up from the steady stream, or trickle, of Guests headed to the station.

I’d think many in Aruba and Martinique would prefer to use the Riviera station.

Kman101

The unnamed site is saying Shutters will now be called Sebastians

LOL at them thinking they need to attach a character to the restaurant. I guess maybe it will ultimately draw more guests (Shutters? Where's that? Sebastian's? Oh over at Caribbean Beach ... I'm sure that's how they view it, sadly). I don't really hate it but it seems they think they need a character attached to everything. I'm sure they wished "Ariel's Grotto" wasn't taken ...

GCTales

Was just thinking again, didn’t we hear that CBR would have a bus take Guests to Skyliner station? If you were to walk towards it, you’d be crossing the main entrance. I’m fine crossing roads, but I’d think the roads would be backed up from the steady stream, or trickle, of Guests headed to the station.

I’d think many in Aruba and Martinique would prefer to use the Riviera station.
I know I have recently seen a picture of concept artwork on one of the skyliner stations posted on one of the blogs that shows a bus station (simple loop / turn around, with a bus shown). Of course, now I can't find the link to the blog or the image. That would seem to indicate that they are planning on having a bus stop of some form at the main CBR station.

I will keep looking for it.

I don't think Disney has made any sort of formal announcement or statement about bus service within CBR for the skyliner, but it makes sense.

EDIT: Found the blog.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/08/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort-update_8.html
(Admin, if links to this blog are not allowed, please let me know and I will pull or maybe a board member can go take the pics so we have clean ones.)

Look about halfway down.
Link to Pic:
https://photos.smugmug.com/PHOTOUPD...-8-2018/i-Cfr3Sqb/0/cea7998f/L/IMG_3472-L.jpg

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, August 13, 2013. The view of new Port Royale buildings near the resort's main pool (on the right). The final roof has yet to be installed on the center tower.

IMG_0639.JPG

A side view of the new Porte Cochere at the resort main building. It appears a smaller structure is being built in the right foreground.

IMG_0638.JPG

On the opposite side of the Caribbean Beach Resort property, the new road entrance has a decorative "fence" installed on top of the walls.

IMG_0644.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom