News Caribbean Beach Expansion

nicb88

Six from late summer. What I have heard.

Does anyone know if this six month delay has been confirmed yet?

I realise it won't be made public until absolutely necessary but just curious what to do with our reservation. Many sources continue to say Fall 2018 and the photos posted show quite good progress, though I know much of what you can't see will be the issue.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 19, 2018. Update on new entrance road to Caribbean Beach Resort, with steel structure for Disney Skyliner station in the background. A new traffic light will be installed at this intersection. A Bonnet Creek resort hotel is in the center background.

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

surfsupdon

I heard rumors today that new Guest buildings will pop up at CBR across from Trinidad South and that Island name changes will be in the future.

Any more information. It’s literally just a rumor, but it def intrigued me.

surfsupdon

Anyone think with the new large bus depots at OPR that the Martinique and Trinidad North depots (each only serving three houses) will be demolished??

I think it would be a terrific idea.

WDWtraveler

Photo update from Saturday, May 26, 2018. Update on new entrance road to the Caribbean Beach Resort on Victory Way, with steel structure for the Disney Skyliner station in the background. While the signage has not been installed on the walls, the landscaping is largely complete.

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Photo update from Saturday, May 26, 2018. Update on new entrance road to the Caribbean Beach Resort, with steel structure for the Disney Skyliner station in the background. While the signage has not been installed on the walls, the landscaping is largely complete.

View attachment 286282

View attachment 286283

I assume that new access road is on victory way next to the Jamaica section??

nicb88

Well there are some names that have recently come available, so it would make sense to only have one Trinidad. If the land is build able, I could see a new island on the other side of the main gondola hub, as that would be a very convenient location.

While I know it would be a great way to add in more rooms, is it likely they would spend the time closing the gondola so soon after it’ll be opening for that purpose? I can’t see them building under the gondola while it’s in operation.

nicb88

I was replying to a rumor from @surfsupdon about new guest buildings across from Trinidad South. In relooking the original permits, that space is marked as "pond" which would seem to discount that as a building location.

I’ve heard the rumor before, and it could be feasible, even with the pond. They could fill that in or dig one elsewhere if they wanted. But the gondola is what they’re relying on shuttling guests from Pop/AoA/CBR/Riviera to Galaxy’s Edge so the thing that most makes me think it’s unlikely is that.

nicb88

Photo update from Saturday, May 26, 2018. Update on new entrance road to the Caribbean Beach Resort on Victory Way, with steel structure for the Disney Skyliner station in the background. While the signage has not been installed on the walls, the landscaping is largely complete.

View attachment 286282

View attachment 286283

This is very pretty! I hope they allow the landscaping and foliage to fill out so it echoes the ‘old’ entrance from Buena Vista Drive. That entrance really made me think tropical.

Lensman

While I know it would be a great way to add in more rooms, is it likely they would spend the time closing the gondola so soon after it’ll be opening for that purpose? I can’t see them building under the gondola while it’s in operation.
Yeah, how old is the CBR? It was kind of shocking to me that they demolished part of it for the Riviera. I wonder if Disney's long-term plans involve putting up more towers around the lake.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, how old is the CBR? It was kind of shocking to me that they demolished part of it for the Riviera. I wonder if Disney's long-term plans involve putting up more towers around the lake.
If they add any additional hotel rooms to CBR I would not be surprised at all if they went with a multi-floor tower. I think it’s cheaper to maintain (less roof, less elevators) and has a much smaller footprint. They are building a tower now at CSR so it wouldn’t be unprecedented.

pektas

Does anyone know of the timeline for this to be done (aside from riviera resort)? Planning a trip in late January and wondering if the food tent will still be a thing

Bartattack

Does anyone know of the timeline for this to be done (aside from riviera resort)? Planning a trip in late January and wondering if the food tent will still be a thing

By then the new Centertown/Old Port Royale and check-in area will be finished. So no more food tent.

pektas

By then the new Centertown/Old Port Royale and check-in area will be finished. So no more food tent.
Thanks, I know originally i read it was gonna be done later this summer but then i think somewhere in this thread someone said it was 6 months behind and its hard to tell from the aerials how much is left to be done since obviously a lot of it is inside so i was starting to get nervous

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom