News Caribbean Beach Expansion

crxbrett

Looking good! Looks like it will be pretty nice once it's completed and open. It's nice to see Disney giving this resort and Coronado Springs a little love and some upgrades.

surfsupdon

so i am late to the threat and to the CBR, but am i reading/seeing correctly that this remodel will include the check-in area now being in the town center where the food/themed pool is? because that would be an improvement.

also, for anyone who is long-standing CBR fan, how are crowds there when its in 'normal' mode. the resort seems huge. i stayed there once a million years ago and because of the sprawl rarely went around the resort. i found the old pool area wickedly too small for the crowd there. the hot tub was the size of a dixie cup. i think the sign literally said: capacity- 3. i was just wondering others' impression.

The Resort's food areas underwent a major refurb after 9/11 when the entire Resort was shut down.

Few years later, they expanded the main pool, the pool deck, closed the small hot tub and opened 2 or 3 large style hot tubs.

Club34

The Resort's food areas underwent a major refurb after 9/11 when the entire Resort was shut down.

Few years later, they expanded the main pool, the pool deck, closed the small hot tub and opened 2 or 3 large style hot tubs.

i did not know that. that you for the tip. i will tour it next time i'm in the world and perhaps will consider staying there again on or after the 50th. thank you for the reply.

surfsupdon

i did not know that. that you for the tip. i will tour it next time i'm in the world and perhaps will consider staying there again on or after the 50th. thank you for the reply.

With that pool redo, they added a pirate fortress with a pretty fast, enclosed water slide in addition to the original waterslide. They also built a kids pirates themed splash zone with slides and water sprays. It was very well done.

I am excited for the changes coming to Caribbean Beach.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 13, 2018. Construction of entrance walls at redesigned entrance to Caribbean Beach Resort from Victory Way. There is a matching entrance wall on the left. Similar to the signs/walls at the resort entrance from Buena Vista Drive.

IMG_0184.JPG

surfsupdon

I hope they bring the boat rentals back to this resort. It would add life to the waterfront area and give additional recreation options.

Yes the kinetic energy that those water mice added to the overall flavor and style of the resort was terrific. The area seems desolate without any water activities. Lower the prices of the boats to make them more accessible. With watercraft, it will give an entire new vibe to Barefoot Bay (like in its heyday).

geradasaur

Yes the kinetic energy that those water mice added to the overall flavor and style of the resort was terrific. The area seems desolate without any water activities. Lower the prices of the boats to make them more accessible. With watercraft, it will give an entire new vibe to Barefoot Bay (like in its heyday).

Spoke with a disney rep today who said that the boats are just down during the refurbishments and made it sound as though they will be back eventually.

surfsupdon

Spoke with a disney rep today who said that the boats are just down during the refurbishments and made it sound as though they will be back eventually.
The water sprites, canoes, sailboats, paddleboats, kayaks, tube boats, and party boats have not been around since the late 90s.

They did have big boats for hire, presumably for fishing, that cost a ton of money. Unfortunately, the vessels for 1 (or2) are sadly not offered any longer.

Thanks for the update :)

mitchk

The water sprites, canoes, sailboats, paddleboats, kayaks, tube boats, and party boats have not been around since the late 90s.

They did have big boats for hire, presumably for fishing, that cost a ton of money. Unfortunately, the vessels for 1 (or2) are sadly not offered any longer.

Thanks for the update :)

Yup, I think the little boats went away in the Summer of 2016.... I think

mm121

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 13, 2018. Construction of entrance walls at redesigned entrance to Caribbean Beach Resort from Victory Way. There is a matching entrance wall on the left. Similar to the signs/walls at the resort entrance from Buena Vista Drive.

View attachment 263867

Yes

It will be the only guest entrance for the resort.

so does this mean carribean beach and riviera will have completely separate entrances? with dedicated seperate not intertwining roadways within the resort?

nickys

Premium Member
so does this mean carribean beach and riviera will have completely separate entrances? with dedicated seperate not intertwining roadways within the resort?

Yes. They are different resorts. The only shared "utility" will be the gondola station which will be closer to some of CBR than the main hub station. It looks like the only route between the resorts will be via the station.

Of course it's entirely likely that guests staying at Riviera may hop over to use the CBR QS dining options, depending what Riviera has in that line. And CBR guests may go dine at the roof top restaurant, always assuming it's open to non-Riviera guests. And DVC members will still have pool hopping perks at CBR, but not vice versa.

The bottom line is we just don't know exactly how Riviera will operate. It's the first DVC stand-alone resort, so it's possible they may make the roof top a DVC only venue, like Top of the World Lounge @ BLT. I doubt it, but who knows!

peter11435

They will be seperate resorts with seperate entrances. Once inside the roadways will likely connect somewhere like they do between Pop century and art of animation, riverside and French quarter.

seascape

Yes. They are different resorts. The only shared "utility" will be the gondola station which will be closer to some of CBR than the main hub station. It looks like the only route between the resorts will be via the station.

Of course it's entirely likely that guests staying at Riviera may hop over to use the CBR QS dining options, depending what Riviera has in that line. And CBR guests may go dine at the roof top restaurant, always assuming it's open to non-Riviera guests. And DVC members will still have pool hopping perks at CBR, but not vice versa.

The bottom line is we just don't know exactly how Riviera will operate. It's the first DVC stand-alone resort, so it's possible they may make the roof top a DVC only venue, like Top of the World Lounge @ BLT. I doubt it, but who knows!
Actually OKW and SSR are standalone DVC resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom