News Caribbean Beach Expansion

Slowjack

Gondola ropeways are common in the Caribbean.

View attachment 194327
I'm not sure if you are serious with this post. Gondola ropeways are not so common in the Caribbean (or much of anywhere, expect maybe ski resorts) to be mentally connected with it. It's not a question of whether they actually exist there, and I think you know that. A themed resort should have buildings and structures that all tie together and suggest the theme. There are generic Pizza Huts and McDonald's all around the world, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be theme breaking to add them to any random themed location.

matt9112

So sad. Hoping the island atmosphere, that makes CBR the magical resort it has always been for us, won't disappear forever.

Do sky scrapers kill that for you? Don't hold your breathe EVERY single resort that has had DVC added AS an addition has turned out worse. Got to sell those points to the rich!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
1. It seems like the Gondola is going to have to go over some existing room buildings. Wouldn't that be obnoxiously high and break the theming of the resort (assuming it stays Caribbean themed).

First what makes you think that it is going to be "obnoxiously high", many in the know have said that the system will stay closer to the ground when possible. If this is the case I see it going just high enough to clear the top of the buildings to cross over.

Second regarding themeing I can not see these breaking the themeing of the resort anymore than the monorail, in fact as @MisterPenguin points out their are islands where these exist. Unlike a monorail in the south Pacific or an Victorian era flordia beach town.

jhendrix

Quite nice. The design is possibly more New Orleans than Caribbean to the untrained eye. The biggest thing I found was the contrast to the other buildings in the resort.

Is there possibly another "island" that looks like New Orleans? A few of the Carribbean island nations do have French influences.

Is part of the contrast the height? :-/

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I feel
Were there a lot of trees in the specs/ pics you saw? I'm trying to picture the art they may release... Though I'd actually love to see the building and gondola's all in one picture.

I feel like this and the gondola will be announced at the same time, they kind of go together and Disney will want to market the resorts and parks the godolas link.

I also feel like this is D23 material, stuff Disney never announced but is widely known about. It would also fit the timeframe for construction. CBR would be getting underway hard to hide the massive land clearing and construction and I would imagine gondola work would be starting by that point or shortly after to make a 2019 deadline. Just my two cents though

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not sure if you are serious with this post. Gondola ropeways are not so common in the Caribbean (or much of anywhere, expect maybe ski resorts) to be mentally connected with it. It's not a question of whether they actually exist there, and I think you know that. A themed resort should have buildings and structures that all tie together and suggest the theme. There are generic Pizza Huts and McDonald's all around the world, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be theme breaking to add them to any random themed location.

Five foot tall rats, ducks, and dogs wearing clothes, daily large gathering of royals aren't normal either...

SosoDude

Is there possibly another "island" that looks like New Orleans? A few of the Carribbean island nations do have French influences.

Is part of the contrast the height? :-/
The architecture of the New Orleans French Quarter has actually more of a Spanish influence due to the workers who built it. New Orleans was a wonderful cultural melting pot back in those days.

ev01

A permit was just filed for foundation work. The address doesn't match the ones in the recent gondola project permit, so this might be for other work at CBR.

1080 Sea Breeze Dr - Early Foundation Package

Support tower? ;)

upload_2017-3-23_20-0-10.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom