Car Parking increased to $12

kal1484

You may want to double check with the Swan because they are not owned by Disney anymore. I'm not sure that the Disney buses even go there, I don't think that they do. Someone here will know.

We stayed at Royal Plaza, on Disney property, and had to pay.

Parking at the Swan/Dolphin is NOT free with your hotel. It's extra. Can't remember how much though. Sorry!

mouse_luv

I'm not talking about parking at the swan, i know its like 9 bucks or something every exit. I'm talking about the parks.

Boray

I really don't think that this price is bad because I paid $15.00 to park at Six Flags. :rolleyes:

My whole family (12 of us, 3 cars) went to Six Flags Great America, north of Chicago, this past Wednesday. My father (who paid for everything) insisted on the preferred parking. $25 per car. Yes, we paid $75 for parking. In that context, $12 isn't too bad.

DisneyGigi

The parking isn't that bad but it makes one think twice about staying offsite IMO. On a ten day trip that is 120.00. The most that we ever saved was 100.00 to stay offsite and then we turned around and gave it up in the parking anyway.:shrug:

Siege898

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago where somebody was charged for parking at TL - is water park parking still free or have they now added a charge to that as well ???

TL still doesn't charge for parking...I haven't seen that thread but I smell some B.S. there.

You know its getting to the point that someone young and newly married cant afford to do anything in the US anymore. I used to live in Florida but moved to South Carolina because it was cheaper but I miss Disney. I would love to come back and visit for a week to all the parks but it will take me 3 years to save up the kindof money I would need to fly down, and spend a week. Gosh things are getting to be crazy, I remember my parents complaining when tickets became 39 bucks LOL. Man times have changed.:shrug:

firemandisney

You know its getting to the point that someone young and newly married cant afford to do anything in the US anymore. I used to live in Florida but moved to South Carolina because it was cheaper but I miss Disney. I would love to come back and visit for a week to all the parks but it will take me 3 years to save up the kindof money I would need to fly down, and spend a week. Gosh things are getting to be crazy, I remember my parents complaining when tickets became 39 bucks LOL. Man times have changed.:shrug:
Nothing in life is easy, Thats what makes it ALL worth it.
When i was young i was in Southern Iraq during the first Gulf War.
Honestly, You have it pretty good. If money is an issue, get a better job or work more.
I know that sounds "easy for me to say" but in reality..It's 110% true.
I've been a Professional Firefighter for 15 years now. 6 years in the Military before that. Just pay your dues of life and sooner than later you will acheive all that you desire.

TP2000

12 Dollars for parking is extremely reasonable, especially considering the tram service and well maintained facilities Disney provides. Here in SoCal, Disneyland parking at 12 bucks per day is the bargain of the century. Look at some of these other entertainment venues near Disneyland and gasp at their parking rates!....

San Diego Chargers (a 1960's stadium in the suburbs surrounded by acres of parking lots and suburban sprawl)
Outer Ring General Parking - 25 Dollars
Inner Ring Reserved Parking - 45 Dollars
VIP Preferred Parking - 75 Dollars

Los Angeles Lakers (Staples Center near downtown LA)
General Parking - 20 Dollars
Preferred Parking - 35 Dollars
Valet Parking - 50 Dollars plus gratuity

San Diego Padres (Petco Park in downtown San Diego)
Designated Off-Site Garage - 8 Dollars, 14 blocks from stadium, or three stops on trolley plus round trip trolley fee of $2.50
Orange Zone Parking - 10 Dollars, three blocks from stadium
Preferred Parking - 20 Dollars, one block from stadium

John Wayne OC Airport (closest major airport to Disneyland)
Offsite Satellite Parking Lots - 17 Dollars per day, shuttle bus ride required
Terminal Parking Structure - 20 Dollars per day, short walk to terminal
Terminal Valet Parking - 30 Dollars per day, plus gratuity

12 bucks for parking at Walt Disney World or Disneyland is a bargain! And at WDW, don't you get a monorail ride or ferry ride included in that price?

firemandisney

12 Dollars for parking is extremely reasonable, especially considering the tram service and well maintained facilities Disney provides. Here in SoCal, Disneyland parking at 12 bucks per day is the bargain of the century. Look at some of these other entertainment venues near Disneyland and gasp at their parking rates!....

San Diego Chargers (a 1960's stadium in the suburbs surrounded by acres of parking lots and suburban sprawl)

Designated Off-Site Garage - 8 Dollars, 14 blocks from stadium, or three stops on trolley plus round trip trolley fee of $2.50

12 bucks for parking at Walt Disney World or Disneyland is a bargain! And at WDW, don't you get a monorail ride or ferry ride included in that price?
Perfectly stated. PERFECT

Maerj

Honestly, You have it pretty good. If money is an issue, get a better job or work more.
I've been a Professional Firefighter for 15 years now. 6 years in the Military before that. Just pay your dues of life and sooner than later you will acheive all that you desire.

Well that DOES sound pretty easy!

hokielutz

Let me add to this wonderful list:

General public (no parking pass) off-site parking lots for the Washington Redskins. $35 per game
Don't ask about how much the parking pass lots are.

Six Flags America in MD:
General Parking: $15 per day.
Preferred Parking: $20 per day.

Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Washington DC:
Economy Parking: $10 per day
Daily Parking: $17 per day
Valet Parking: $30 per day

So $12 is a bargain and nominal increases in this fee should be expected, especially since the minimum wage was forced higher and diesel fuel is 40% more costly this year than last for the parking lot trams.

cl_x_4

DHS parking sign yesterday

We have APs so I don't pay much attention to parking prices, but when we went to DHS yesterday I noticed the price on the sign was $12. Not sure if they were implimenting the increase yesterday or just had the sign up to prepare for today.

majorrfb

Pay your dues??

Sir

Most of us have been brought up to believe that hard work, persistence, get an education, will pay off. I worked 2 jobs, saved, put our kids through college (with no financial help) and now retired. I thought now I can give back (volunteer for the Red Cross0 and enjoy the fruits of my labor. Well, the reality is, with everything surging in price, the fruits are difficult to achieve.:hammer:

firemandisney

Well that DOES sound pretty easy!
It wasnt my intention to make it sound "easy" It WAS my intention to try to say that the ONLY thing responsible for ones financial success or capabilities IS that given person. It took my 2 years and testing for over 9 City Fire Dept's to acheive my dream. But in the end..i got it.

We have 100% control of our lives, thats a God given right here in free Nations. If i fail to earn enough to enjoy lifes perks..thats MY fault.
Anyways, In the end, Disney is affordable,wondeful and for the money..You just cant beat it. It aint ever gonna get cheaper so there is no use complaining..we just need to be proactive and make our leisure time activities a part of our life.
This is NOT directed to anyone in this thread, But, there seems to be a sense of intitlement rather than priviledge when it comes to certain things in life.
Nothing is an intitlement even freedom is a priviledge.
Disney most certainly is no exception.

Hrudey3032

It wasnt my intention to make it sound "easy" It WAS my intention to try to say that the ONLY thing responsible for ones financial success or capabilities IS that given person.

We have 100% control of our lives, thats a God given right here in free Nations. If i fail to earn enough to enjoy life..thats MY fault.
Anyways, In the end, Disney is affordable,wondeful and for the money..You just cant beat it. It aint ever gonna get cheaper so there is no use complaining..we just need to be proactive and make our leisure time activities a part of our life.

Just because someone doesn't earn enough doesn't mean they can't enjoy life.I work hard but I still don't make enough to do everything i want in life but I have great family and friends and do some of the things I love in life.I have a good job so how is it my fault that I earn just enough to pay for the cost of gas,food,milk,and everything else that has gone way up over the last few years?I could work 2-3 jobs to have everything I wanted but then I would be so miserable from exhaustion and lack of sleep that I wouldn't have time to enjoy all I had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom