Captain Marvel 2: "The Marvels" -- Nov 10, 2023 Theatrical Release

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no idea, 2023 has been weird for box office as I've alluded to in other threads.

It could be good, but it could also end up bad. So I just don't know, so not going to put a specific number on it. Personally I hope it does well.
223 and 225…that was a sideshow misdirection in lieu of actual thoughts

Phroobar

Anyone surprise by the Flerken(cats) is a big part of the marketing must not of watched Captain Marvel… Goose was a standout for many people from that film
In the comic book, his name was Chewie. Carol Danvers was a big Star Wars fan.

iu

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lecturing about “internet rage”?

What a formless red herring that is…that’s for edjubicating me 🤪
Still don’t know what you’re blathering on about.

Care to get back to the topic at hand.

Also coming from someone who likes to lecture people about box office, Star Wars, and many other topics on this forums, that is truly the pot calling the kettle black there my friend.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still don’t know what you’re blathering on about.

Care to get back to the topic at hand.

Also coming from someone who likes to lecture people about box office, Star Wars, and many other topics on this forums, that is truly the pot calling the kettle black there my friend.
So how’s it gonna do?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Once again I have no idea. Personally I hope it does well, but I do not know how its going to turn out.

I'm sorry if you can't accept that answer. I know you want me to give a number so you and others can come back and mock it later if I'm wrong. So I'm not going to provide one, sorry.
…very intriguing

You got any idea what the 5 internet trolls that are gonna take it down dressed for Halloween as?

…I bet Justice league 🤔

Disney Irish

Premium Member
…very intriguing

You got any idea what the 5 internet trolls that are gonna take it down dressed for Halloween as?

…I bet Justice league 🤔
Ask TP as he has the Halloween costume metric that claims to be the pulse of pop culture.

I don’t get many trick-or-treaters anymore as I live on a busy car traffic street. But driving to the store this evening so far I’ve seen generic costumes, nothing brand specific.

Tha Realest

Once again I have no idea. Personally I hope it does well, but I do not know how its going to turn out.

I'm sorry if you can't accept that answer. I know you want me to give a number so you and others can come back and mock it later if I'm wrong. So I'm not going to provide one, sorry.
For someone that’s so invested in TWDC and its films you put forth an odd ambivalence as to their recent string of failures.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For someone that’s so invested in TWDC and its films you put forth an odd ambivalence as to their recent string of failures.

Sorry if I'm not living up to your expectations of how I should post.

I have opinions and am mostly positive about Disney's recent offerings, and I've posted the same whether others disagree or not. So I don't see how that is ambivalent just because I didn't want to post a specific prediction for this movie. I hope The Marvels does well at the box office. Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see.

TP2000

Ask TP as he has the Halloween costume metric that claims to be the pulse of pop culture.

I've just posted my annual Highly Scientific and Infallible Halloween Youth Pop Culture Update over in the Disneyland forum, where folks seem to have a better sense of humor and know it's all just a big joke. ;)

I didn't get any Marvel characters at my door this year, boy or girl, at least not any Marvel characters I could recognize. I certainly did not get a Captain Marvel. The girls in my neighborhood seemed to want to only be Barbie or Taylor Swift, although those two seemed to just blend together after the second hour of answering door bells.

My Best Girls Costume Gift Basket went to a hilarious young lady who was Weird Barbie, with chopped up wig and bad makeup and hideous dress and wonky faces as I answered the door. Bravo!

My Best Boys Costume Gift Basket went to a saucy young man who baffled me at first, until he explained he was a Charcuterie Board and then proudly pointed out the hot-glued items on his chest as Gouda, salami, Spanish olives, etc. I died. :hilarious:

My Best Family Gift Basket went to a family that didn't actually have a coherent family theme, but instead had a charming young Dad who wore a blue business suit and dark tie, powdered white hair, with knee pads and elbow pads strapped clumsily over his business suit. Who was he?... He was President Biden, prepped to survive his next fall somewhere. 🤣

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've just posted my annual Highly Scientific and Infallible Halloween Youth Pop Culture Update over in the Disneyland forum, where folks seem to have a better sense of humor and know it's all just a big joke. ;)

I didn't get any Marvel characters at my door this year, boy or girl, at least not any Marvel characters I could recognize. I certainly did not get a Captain Marvel. The girls in my neighborhood seemed to want to only be Barbie or Taylor Swift, although those two seemed to just blend together after the second hour of answering door bells.

My Best Girls Costume Gift Basket went to a hilarious young lady who was Weird Barbie, with chopped up wig and bad makeup and hideous dress and wonky faces as I answered the door. Bravo!

My Best Boys Costume Gift Basket went to a saucy young man who baffled me at first, until he explained he was a Charcuterie Board and then proudly pointed out the hot-glued items on his chest as Gouda, salami, Spanish olives, etc. I died. :hilarious:

My Best Family Gift Basket went to a family that didn't actually have a coherent family theme, but instead had a charming young Dad who wore a blue business suit and dark tie, powdered white hair, with knee pads and elbow pads strapped clumsily over his business suit. Who was he?... He was President Biden, prepped to survive his next fall somewhere. 🤣
Obviously those of us that know you from the DLR side know its a big joke. Its the only reason why we keep bringing it up.

TP2000

Obviously those of us that know you from the DLR side know its a big joke. Its the only reason why we keep bringing it up.

Oh, I know you know. It's over a decade old now at this point, if I remember right. 🤣

But it's apparent some East Coast and Midwest folks in this little subforum have no idea of its backstory and hilarious history.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah…that’s the disconnect for me?…at least this year in particular

“I love Disney…but it doesn’t matter if they are tanking/bleeding money everywhere…Bob has it covered”

Why? Cause Toy Story 5…..thousand….?

It’s a narrative “trapped in time” at this point…and 2016 wasn’t that great…to be honest…anyway

Sorry if I'm not living up to your expectations of how I should post.

I have opinions and am mostly positive about Disney's recent offerings, and I've posted the same whether others disagree or not. So I don't see how that is ambivalent just because I didn't want to post a specific prediction for this movie. I hope The Marvels does well at the box office. Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah…see above.

How we judge a corporate monolith’s production in a profitless vacuum now is escaping me?…I’m slow though…

And marvels is tracking ABYSMAL and those things are about 90% accurate at this point…it’s a bit of a science based on advance ticketing and SM tracking…

So I don’t get how it’s still brushed aside? There would have to be something like $400,000,000 in “surprise” sales at this point to make it a surprise and make it break even (which matters…planet earth)

$50…maybe $100 out of the blue? Might be on the table.
Happened with elemental…but still lost…which means movies that may have been approved if it was a success will be canceled and we’ll never know about them. Real world. So the net effect is baked in.

But we get “maybe this time?” When a movie rolls out to fart noises in the theater…

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah…that’s the disconnect for me?…at least this year in particular

“I love Disney…but it doesn’t matter if they are tanking/bleeding money everywhere…Bob has it covered”

Why? Cause Toy Story 5…..thousand….?

It’s a narrative “trapped in time” at this point…and 2016 wasn’t that great…to be honest…anyway

Yeah…see above.

How we judge a corporate monolith’s production in a profitless vacuum now is escaping me?…I’m slow though…

And marvels is tracking ABYSMAL and those things are about 90% accurate at this point…it’s a bit of a science based on advance ticketing and SM tracking…

So I don’t get how it’s still brushed aside? There would have to be something like $400,000,000 in “surprise” sales at this point to make it a surprise and make it break even (which matters…planet earth)

$50…maybe $100 out of the blue? Might be on the table.
Happened with elemental…but still lost…which means movies that may have been approved if it was a success will be canceled and we’ll never know about them. Real world. So the net effect is baked in.

But we get “maybe this time?” When a movie rolls out to fart noises in the theater…
This is about all I'm going to give you.....

I hope it will perform well. But will not be surprised if it doesn't, but also won't be surprised if it does.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy it opening weekend.

So you can continue ranting and mocking all you want, but that is all I'm going to give you. Take it or leave it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is about all I'm going to give you.....

I hope it will perform well. But will not be surprised if it doesn't, but also won't be surprised if it does.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy it opening weekend.

So you can continue ranting and mocking all you want, but that is all I'm going to give you. Take it or leave it.
What we’re trying to tell you…and it’s pretty clear…is it WON’T do well.

See?…that’s “definitive” in an opinion.

So Disney doesn’t need “loyalty”…that’s what got it in this mess to a large degree…it needs constructive criticism from its fans. What the Market has been “not so politely” given it for several years now already…

But here’s what I’ll say - back to marvels -
I’m gonna see it. I loved the 2008-2019 MCU…and I liked ms Marvel a lot (maybe best D+ streaming show so far?)…and I love Brie Larsen

I like that she doesn’t “know her place” and speaks her mind…I really liked her movies…loved captain marvel…I like her portrayal and relationship on screen with Jackson…

And…gotta be said…I think she’s a classic Hollywood smoke show in the mold of grace Kelly (sorry…weird but it’s gotta be said 😬)

And…I like her because the evil comic book trolls…who I’m sorry is NOT who they need to lean into - unlike Xer Star Wars fans - hate her.

Ma shouldn’t feed them the meatloaf today 😬

But the movie is a bomb and I can’t see what goes off in the next 9 days to “diffuse” it?

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What we’re trying to tell you…and it’s pretty clear…is it WON’T do well.

See?…that’s “definitive” in an opinion.

So Disney doesn’t need “loyalty”…that’s what got it in this mess to a large degree…it needs constructive criticism from its fans. What the Market has been “not so politely” given it for several years now already…

But here’s what I’ll say - back to marvels -
I’m gonna see it. I loved the 2008-2019 MCU…and I liked ms Marvel a lot (maybe best D+ streaming show so far?)…and I love Brie Larsen

I like that she doesn’t “know her place” and speaks her mind…I really liked her movies…loved captain marvel…I like her portrayal and relationship on screen with Jackson…

And…gotta be said…I think she’s a classic Hollywood smoke show in the mold of grace Kelly (sorry…weird but it’s gotta be said 😬)

And…I like her because the evil comic book trolls…who I’m sorry is NOT who they need to lean into - unlike Xer Star Wars fans - hate her.

Ma shouldn’t feed then the meatloaf today 😬

But the movie is a bomb and I can’t see what goes off in the next 9 days to “diffuse” it?
I knew that pot would show up eventually and lecture us all.

I’m happy for you giving your definitive answer. I’ve given my response. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom