Captain Marvel 2: "The Marvels" -- Nov 10, 2023 Theatrical Release

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I take it the cameo is some famous male superhero? And so 2023 logic is thus;
  • If you don't see the film because the characters/plot don't interest you, you are bad.
  • If you do see the film because there's a cameo unrelated to the main characters/plot, you are bad.
It seems to me it would be a better business strategy to just make movies the audience wants to see with characters and plots that naturally interest them enough to buy a ticket. But maybe that's too simple for Disney to do now?
That has nothing to do with Disney, its some random people on the internet which I'm sure most people ignore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I take it the cameo is some famous male superhero? And so 2023 logic is thus;
  • If you don't see the film because the characters/plot don't interest you, you are bad.
  • If you do see the film because there's a cameo unrelated to the main characters/plot, you are bad.
It seems to me it would be a better business strategy to just make movies the audience wants to see with characters and plots that naturally interest them enough to buy a ticket. But maybe that's too simple for Disney to do now?

Can you call ANYONE at lucasfilm and let them know?

…I’d settle for the guy that cleans the toilets…it’s a start

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So what’s you prediction on how this one is gonna fare?

Just for posterity’s sake 🫣
I have no idea, 2023 has been weird for box office as I've alluded to in other threads.

It could be good, but it could also end up bad. So I just don't know, so not going to put a specific number on it. Personally I hope it does well.

Tha Realest

Your move Marvels…

Unfair comparison. One cost 10x the amount than the other and is the most recent film in the most wildly successful film franchise of all time.

Ghost93

A new trailer for The Marvels has been released.

I'm rooting for The Marvels to be good and to succeed, but the trailer showing clips of the OG Avengers cast, Thanos and Avengers Endgame reeks of desperation. It's like they don't have confidence in the film itself and are like "Hey, remember these Avengers movies you actually like!?! This movie is JUST LIKE THEM!" :rolleyes:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm rooting for The Marvels to be good and to succeed, but the trailer showing clips of the OG Avengers cast, Thanos and Avengers Endgame reeks of desperation. It's like they don't have confidence in the film itself and are like "Hey, remember these Avengers movies you actually like!?! This movie is JUST LIKE THEM!" :rolleyes:
To defend this just a bit, but they are attempting to setup a new Avengers lineup for future films in which at least 2 if not all 3 will be members.

Ghost93

I think it's more that a low budget horor flick might just trounce on the marvels opening. That would be pretty embarrassing in my opinion. I liked captain marvel, saw it opening weekend. But there's nothing drawing me to go see the sequel. Five nights at Freddy's should in no way be sniffing the same air as a MCU opening. Especially with FnaF theatrical and streaming at the same time. Just think of how bad the marvels would do if it was on D+ the same time as theatrical.
I think the Marvels will flop if it's anything short of GREAT. Even mixed-positive reviews wouldn't be enough to save it.

I'm personally rooting for the Marvels to be good, but I don't have much confidence in it at this moment. It doesn't look like a must-see event. It looks like Freaky Friday set in space, with all the body swapping.

erasure fan1

I think the Marvels will flop if it's anything short of GREAT. Even mixed-positive reviews wouldn't be enough to save it.

I'm personally rooting for the Marvels to be good, but I don't have much confidence in it at this moment. It doesn't look like a must-see event. It looks like Freaky Friday set in space, with all the body swapping.
I'm not sure even great would be good enough. Like you said, it sure doesn't look like a must see event. We've had very few must see events post endgame. I'd say just spiderman no way home and guardians 3 have been it so far. This movie also stars 2 heroes from D+ shows that very few cared about. That's not going to help the appeal. This has wait for D+ written all over it unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom