Captain EO Possably Coming Back/Wall-E Film in Land?

Enchantâmes

Im not allowed to not be against EO returning?
You are allowed but I find it funny you bash any rumor or idea that doesn't agree with you, yet you want to remove IASW for no reason what so ever, make Dinosaur into a Jurassic Park wannabe featuring Indiana Jones, and put MI in MK instead of AK. Yet you have a huge deal with Wall E being in the Land and Captain EO returning Temporarily.

Figment632

You are allowed but I find it funny you bash any rumor or idea that doesn't agree with you, yet you want to remove IASW for no reason what so ever, make Dinosaur into a Jurassic Park wannabe featuring Indiana Jones, and put MI in MK instead of AK. Yet you have a huge deal with Wall E being in the Land and Captain EO returning Temporarily.

Ok you dont like my ideas what do you want me to do, how can I appease you? If I dont like something Im gonna say it, and if you dont like my ideas thats your right.

Enchantâmes

Ok you dont like my ideas what do you want me to do, how can I appease you? If I dont like something Im gonna say it, and if you dont like my ideas thats your right.
What I am trying to say is, you are bashing people because their ideas are a tad far fetched yet yours are not that plausible either.

Enchantâmes

Ok so from now on I will read and not leave my opinion about anything.
I'm didn't say that but it would be nice to see less negative mojo on WDWMagic, so bye I guess. I think it would be lovely to have Captain EO back even if for a little while. I also think Wall E would be a good replacement for Circle of Life. :)

Figment632

I'm not saying that but it would be nice to see less negative mojo on WDWMagic. I think it would be lovely to have Captain EO back even if for a little while. I also think Wall E would be a good replacement for Circle of Life. :)

We disagree on both issues but we can agree to dissagree :wave:

Figments Friend

Also, the movie was filmed and produced primarily for the 3-D theaters Disney was using, so unless your PC can replicate the lasers, smoke, and simulated starfields from the theaters, then the impact of the show is non-existent. You can't compare the full effect show to the rinky- You-Tube hacked version.

Thank you for pointing this out! So many people seem to forget this tiny but oh-so-important aspect of the original presentation. Watching 'Captain Eo' on YouTube or even your TV screen is NOT going to give you the 'correct' experience. It actually comes off looking rather goofy in some aspects, which makes me understand why some folks give the flick such low marks.

When it is shown on a huge screen, with surround stereo sound that kicks you out of your seat, it is a completely different ball of wax. Add to that the 3-D effects ( which were very impressive ) and in-theatre effects ( equally amazing) 'Captain Eo' wipes the floor clean of all other Disney 3-D presentations in my book. HISTA is a complete waste of time in comparison of the in-house effects ALONE.

I was lucky to see 'Captain Eo' at EPCOT and went away being very impressed. It was nothing short of awesome. At that time, in-theatre effects was a new cutting egde idea and they played up that aspect big time. 'Magic Journeys' was good, yes, but the theatre effects really added a big excitement factor to the already cool experience of seeing a film in 3-D.

When 'Honey i Shrunk the Audience' replaced 'Captain Eo', i went to check it out. Instead of a exciting adventure and a faster pacing, instead we have a slow, dull presentation that does not really get going until several minutes into the film. The effects are weak and i went away feeling gipped.

As much as people may say that 'Eo' would be dated and cheesy for today's audiences, if you experienced it at the Parks you would know how much BETTER the 'Eo' experience was as a whole show when compared to any of the other past and current 3-D presentations . Even 'Muppet Vision' is tame compared to the kick-butt sensations you were treated to watching 'Eo'.

I say let quality outlast the fodder.

Hooray for 'Captain Eo'!

Figments Friend

CaptainEoBWpageSMALL.jpg

:wave:

The Conundrum

Thank you for pointing this out! So many people seem to forget this tiny but oh-so-important aspect of the original presentation. Watching 'Captain Eo' on YouTube or even your TV screen is NOT going to give you the 'correct' experience. It actually comes off looking rather goofy in some aspects, which makes me understand why some folks give the flick such low marks.

When it is shown on a huge screen, with surround stereo sound that kicks you out of your seat, it is a completely different ball of wax. Add to that the 3-D effects ( which were very impressive ) and in-theatre effects ( equally amazing) 'Captain Eo' wipes the floor clean of all other Disney 3-D presentations in my book. HISTA is a complete waste of time in comparison of the in-house effects ALONE.

I was lucky to see 'Captain Eo' at EPCOT and went away being very impressed. It was nothing short of awesome. At that time, in-theatre effects was a new cutting egde idea and they played up that aspect big time. 'Magic Journeys' was good, yes, but the theatre effects really added a big excitement factor to the already cool experience of seeing a film in 3-D.

When 'Honey i Shrunk the Audience' replaced 'Captain Eo', i went to check it out. Instead of a exciting adventure and a faster pacing, instead we have a slow, dull presentation that does not really get going until several minutes into the film. The effects are weak and i went away feeling gipped.

As much as people may say that 'Eo' would be dated and cheesy for today's audiences, if you experienced it at the Parks you would know how much BETTER the 'Eo' experience was as a whole show when compared to any of the other past and current 3-D presentations . Even 'Muppet Vision' is tame compared to the kick-butt sensations you were treated to watching 'Eo'.

I say let quality outlast the fodder.

Hooray for 'Captain Eo'!

No trip to Disneyland/Epcot was complete without hearing "Your just another part of me" as you exit the Captain Eo theather back into Tomorrowland/Future World all pumped to go on your next Disney adventure (this was back when the parks were actually good and had alot more (quality) rides.)

Figments Friend

Absolutely man...

..to this day when i hear that song ( which has been quite often lately..) i am always reminded of just that -

This film is great. I hope in SOME form it gets 'out there' for people to see in a large format.

Figments Friend

CaptainEomakersSMALL.jpg

Francis Ford Coppola, Michael Jackson, and George Lucas on the set of 'Captain Eo ' in 1985.

-

CaptainEocamerasetupSMALL.jpg

Shooting one of the many dance sequences. Here you can see the 'borrowed' camera rig used to film some seperate scenes while the 'main rig' was off doing other shots.

:)

Figments Friend

I love this film. Seeing Angelica Houston playing the slightly miffed 'Supreme Leader' is worth Park admission ALONE people....

I so totally want this -

Original poster art from the release!

CaptianEOoriginalposterart.jpg

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom