Captain EO Possably Coming Back/Wall-E Film in Land?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Here's a rumor that was posted to Screamscape last night:

According to an insider, some peeps from Imagineering were seen scoping out the Honey I Shrunk The Audience theater building, claiming they were simply seeing if it were still possible to show Captain EO once again. Again… they were just looking to see if it were even still possible… not that they have committed to doing it yet.
Nearby I’ve heard an odd rumor that a new video based show is under consideration to take over The Circle of Life show in Epcot’s The Land pavilion. The rumor going around was that it may involve Pixar characters somehow, and given the environmental themes of the pavilion and former show, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring in Wall-E.

The fact that Disney is considering bringing back EO is proof that fandom can work. Hopefully the results of that inspection were that the film can be shown again, although I assume the 4-D effects for HISTA won't be used, although it would be cool if the moving seats were somehow incorperated into the show...

As for the Wall-E rumor, I figured it was only a matter of time before that happened. CoL is really outdated and needs to go an Wall-E would make perfect sence as far as a conservation film.

Thoughts?

EPCOTPluto

It sure would be nice for Captain EO to return, even temporarily, but...

And Wall-E? It would be interesting to see, since we may never get Wall-E as a 'Living Character' in the parks.

I still need to record the current film on my video-camera, though... :lookaroun

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Captain EO is not coming back.

If Wall-E goes ANYWHERE, I'll be there opening day.

1. Disney is considering it, which is a sign to the contrary. The people want it back and would pay to see it, so bringing it back could be a huge draw for Epcot.

2. I think Wall-E is an overrated film, and a conservation film featuring Wall-E would solidify that fact, but I do admit that would be better than Circle of Life...

Kamikaze

1. Disney is considering it, which is a sign to the contrary. The people want it back and would pay to see it, so bringing it back could be a huge draw for Epcot.

2. I think Wall-E is an overrated film, and a conservation film featuring Wall-E would solidify that fact, but I do admit that would be better than Circle of Life...

1. They aren't considering it. Don't take a post on screamscape as gospel. The only people who want Captain EO back are those who don't remember how awful it was. If Jackson hadn't died, it wouldn't even be a rumor. And don't tell me with the snail pace that TDO has been moving for the past few years that they would be getting stuff done this quickly. Also, the 'report' doesn't even make sense. Why would they have to 'see' if it was possible? The theater is nearly exactly the same, and they know that. I could see them doing a 'special' showing, but bringing it back to actually be the scheduled attraction? No.

2. Of course it is. Its WDWMagic. Everything Pixar is overrated and overexposed.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
1. They aren't considering it. Don't take a post on screamscape as gospel. The only people who want Captain EO back are those who don't remember how awful it was. If Jackson hadn't died, it wouldn't even be a rumor. And don't tell me with the snail pace that TDO has been moving for the past few years that they would be getting stuff done this quickly. Also, the 'report' doesn't even make sense. Why would they have to 'see' if it was possible? The theater is nearly exactly the same, and they know that. I could see them doing a 'special' showing, but bringing it back to actually be the scheduled attraction? No.

2. Of course it is. Its WDWMagic. Everything Pixar is overrated and overexposed.

1. They did alter the theater when HISTA opened to include new effects. That theater has also been running the same show for 15 years now, so it makes sense that they need to check to make sure it can support a temporary showing of EO before closing down for a new show. It sounds like it is a distinct possibility.

2. I wouldn't say that. I'd say Nemo and Wall-E are overrated, but other than those two, Pixar is amazing in every way. I'm not even saying those films were bad. Not at all, I just don't think they are two of the greatest films of all time like many people think... Not even close...

Figment632

I love how so many people in these boards claim to have inside info but can never back anything up. It is not coming back. They would be stupid to bring a goofy 80's show back.

Putting Wall-E in the land is an even worse idea.

DisneyBoi1215

I love how so many people in these boards claim to have inside info but can never back anything up. It is not coming back. They would be stupid to bring a goofy 80's show back.

I think a revival of EO would be an awesome way for Disney to pay tribute to Michael. I, for one, would definitely like to see it seeing as how I was 5 when they removed it in the early 90's.

As far as WALL E, I think it's overdue that he has some form of presence in the parks. And what better way to have an appearance than in an environmental video in The Land?

Oddysey

Even though EO would show its age and was not a great show, I would go see it if it came back. I would see it just for the nostalgia, and I think guest who never seen it would be curious enough to watch it as well. However, I do think the key to this is a temporary showing and not a replacement for HISTA. HISTA needs a replacement, but it is not EO.

Probably will not happen though.

Jasonflz

I would much prefer a Figment 3D film in the HISTA theater.

For WallE, I am sick and tired of Pixar characters not being where they should, Pixar Place.

Exprcoofto

I love it how people who disagree to an argument can never back up anything. That's why this is a rumor, if you back it up it then becomes a fact. ;)

Anywho, it would be cool to see WALL-E take over the Circle of Life show. That theater needs some work anyways.

I doubt Captian EO would come back in full production, however, it would be nice to see some merchandise.

Disneyfan1981

It'd be neat to see Captain EO temporarily as kind of a nostalga thing but I seriously doubt its coming back in any serious long term capacity. While the hype is huge right now due to Jackson's passing, the man himself will still be fairly contraversial for a while and I don't see Disney getting into that whole thing for a quick short term turnaround. Not to mention the show itself is incredibly dated, just check it out on YouTube and once the nostalga wore off it'd just rot there...

The funny thing is I could see Wall-E being incorporated into the Land but not sure about the COL show. I saw it more of a slow moving ride similar to Nemo where you saw what could happen if we didn't conserve, etc, etc. I like the character so I'll see it but I'd be happier if we got some either original things thrown in ala Figment or classic Disney character used instead of always heading directly to the Pixar well.

Figment632

I think a revival of EO would be an awesome way for Disney to pay tribute to Michael. I, for one, would definitely like to see it seeing as how I was 5 when they removed it in the early 90's.

As far as WALL E, I think it's overdue that he has some form of presence in the parks. And what better way to have an appearance than in an environmental video in The Land?

I disagree MJ received way more than his fair share of a tribute. Let's remember the man was the biggest pop star of all time but he was a preformer, not a president or a diplomat, he was a singer and should not be placed on such a pedistal.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It'd be great to see BOTH things happen!
I'm tired of HISTA, and don't remember EO, so that'd be nice.
And while I'm against the general "characterization" of Epcot, I think that Wall-E fits well in that attraction, and CoL already has characters, so it's not like it's a step down in anyone's book.

Figments Friend

I had visited a music forum totally unrelated to Disney topics a few weeks back and found a post from someone talking about Captain Eo. It was in a Michael Jackson tribute themed thread and it was nice to see the film menitoned.

In his post, he mentioned he has a friend who works at Imagineering and noted that a few months previous to Jackson's passing they were veiwing the film as it was being considered for re-release. Now it was NOT stated if this 'release' would be in a Park...it could simply be a Dvd release...but why would Imagineering be veiwing it if that is the case?

Anyway, i found it interesting. After seeing this thread i thought it would be worthwile to add to it.

I would directly quote the thread i found this info in, but the MJ tribute thread on the music forum is so huge now, it would probably take me 20 years to find it again.

Anything 80's is considered 'cool' again...and anything related to MJ is now red hot. I can understand Disney's possible interest in maybe re-releasing it. I have heard that on several prominate websites ( Mtv's i think is one of the sites i heard of..) people have been posting requests to re-release it. As much as i would enjoy seeing a temp release in a Park, i think in reality we all have a better chance of seeing it issued on disc then anything else.

Kwit35

I really hope they do not bring back EO. Never liked it.
As for WALL-E...anything would be better then the show there now. As much as I love Pumba and Timon, that movie is sooooooo boring.

hwdelien

I disagree MJ received way more than his fair share of a tribute. Let's remember the man was the biggest pop star of all time but he was a preformer, not a president or a diplomat, he was a singer and should not be placed on such a pedistal.

While I agree with you in theory, Figment, that just isn't how it works in this world. While a pop start won't get his picture engraved on money, they will be everywhere else. I'm willing to bet that the fanfare over MJ death will last a lot longer that did the fanfare over our new president. It's not right, but, alas, that is the way it is.

Figment632

I love it how people who disagree to an argument can never back up anything. That's why this is a rumor, if you back it up it then becomes a fact. ;)

Anywho, it would be cool to see WALL-E take over the Circle of Life show. That theater needs some work anyways.

I doubt Captian EO would come back in full production, however, it would be nice to see some merchandise.

Ok I just want to know the source of the rumor. Did it come from a blogger, bus driver, CM,?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom