captain eo broken

David S.

It got me every time! I'm not ashamed to admit that scene has made me cry or given me goosebumps. There's something about a good "boy and his dog"/"kid and their pet" story that always touches me. And at least this one ended happily! :)

stlbobby

It is.

I think it's just "jackson is a bad person" thing inside of people which make them hate it.

I've never seen EO so I'm not commenting on it in particular, but I can honestly say I hated MJ and his music way before there were any allegations.

I distinctly remember being inundated with MJ throughout junior high and hating every single minute of it. I hated the music and his goody-two-shoes saccharine sweet personality. I hated his one glove, greasy hair, and sunglasses. I despised the moonwalk. I remember how disappointed I was when Mtv caved and started playing his videos, turning the station from a rck and roll bastion to a top 40 hits machine.

That said I'll be seeing EO in December, just because it is part of Disney history and Coppola directed it.

Grizzly Hall 71

I've never seen EO so I'm not commenting on it in particular, but I can honestly say I hated MJ and his music way before there were any allegations.

I distinctly remember being inundated with MJ throughout junior high and hating every single minute of it. I hated the music and his goody-two-shoes saccharine sweet personality. I hated his one glove, greasy hair, and sunglasses. I despised the moonwalk. I remember how disappointed I was when Mtv caved and started playing his videos, turning the station from a rck and roll bastion to a top 40 hits machine.

That said I'll be seeing EO in December, just because it is part of Disney history and Coppola directed it.
Hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion :wave:!

Hope you enjoy EO in December.

SMRT-1

I hated his one glove, greasy hair, and sunglasses. I despised the moonwalk. I remember how disappointed I was when Mtv caved and started playing his videos, turning the station from a rck and roll bastion to a top 40 hits machine.

well.. clearly you know fashion judging by your avatar picture. lol

Edeyore

I am currently sitting through a silent pre show of captain eo. Hopefully this is just a cm screw up. Anyone else have this issue?

You are lucky. I went to Captain EO, when it was first at Epcot. Kodak did the pre show. There were 5 verses of "Making Memories". When the announcer said "One more time" the groan from the crowd was louder than the show. Enjoy the silence!!!

stlbobby

Millions of other people would disagree with you :).

Actually for a short window of time some people, I don't know if it was millions, wore that glove and most look back now and laugh at themselves, or their kids do. Remember even at MJ's height Eddie Murphy did very well making fun of him and his fashions.

the-reason14

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And you were probably grouped with a few thousands of people who felt that way. It wasn't about mtv caving, it was more so that MJ was so talented that they couldn't help but start showing his videos. Had he not broken that barrier, mtv could have still been a racist music channel with limited appeal with nothing but white musicians excluding all the talented black, hispanic, and other musicians. I think everyone would have to agree that MJ was one of the most talented artist to ever grace the stage, whether you were a fan or a hater. His music broke boundaries that other artist could only dream about. His appeal was broader than the rock n roll artist that once bombarded mtv, as his appeal went to all races instead of just whites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom