Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wait a second... Disney wanted to be environmentally friendly with the Illuminations fireworks and therefore got rid of the screamers...

So now they have a lumberjack show that is going to do what else... kill more trees... Which isn't really environmentally friendly...

Anyone else see a problem here? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
The trees are farmed just like wheat, carrots, apples, etc. The only major difference is a longer growing cycle.

wannabeBelle

I couldn't have done so before we witnessed the lumberjack travesty. Afterwards?? Not a shot. I wonder if Mr. Scopa has checked it out for himself as of yet?? Marie

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sorry for the delay! Been at work all day. I definitely wasn't alluding to anything, it was just my speculation about the acts already there. Voices of Liberty is indeed Equity. However, VoL has it's roots firmly planted. Not only do they participate in Candlelight every year, but their talents are used throughout WDW. The performers from VoL are the same voices you'll hear in Wishes actually. VoL has earned it's tenure...it's not going anywhere.

Remember they went on 'hiatus' earlier this year supposedly there were 'contract issues' the translation with what we know now is TDO could not find a non-Equity acapella group to replace them (for less money) so TDO was in effect forced to renew their contracts.

lilclerk

I wasn't even a big fan of Off Kilter - didn't dislike them, just never took the time to stop and watch an entire show past a song or two - but we caught the majority of one of the lumberjack shows a few days ago, and it was just awful. Boring and loud, even annoying to walk by.

jakeman

Remember they went on 'hiatus' earlier this year supposedly there were 'contract issues' the translation with what we know now is TDO could not find a non-Equity acapella group to replace them (for less money) so TDO was in effect forced to renew their contracts.
Would that be this thread:

Voices of Liberty to become latest cut?

Where '74 says no less than 3 times on the first page that it was a rumor and could just be normal contract renewal talks, which is then supported by the last page where it was confirmed they were going in to rehearsals to bring in a new member?

Debate is fine, but you are consistently making up facts to fuel your own anger. Why?

alissafalco

I just finished watching the lumber jack video. I really tried to watch it with an open mind. I thought the show was extremely boring and corny. I just don't see the appeal. The lumber jacks couldn't even get the axe on the bullseye, then the glass covering the other saw competition had such a glare from the sun I couldn't even see what they were doing. The only thing that I actually would be interested in seeing is log rolling which isn't even in the show!! I don't know who can think that this "show" is better than a live band playing good music. SMH

Last edited:
I don't know if I really enjoy the act I've seen on Youtube, but honestly, I do feel like it is a better representation of Canada than what was there (yes I realize the problems with that statement, them not being Canadian or whatnot).
It kind of reminds me of this show I grew up watching at my local fair every summer. I know this is not unique to Canada, but it is a piece Canadian culture

mousehockey37

Never fear, they aren't killing more trees, as I said in another thread, they're going to use the trees they ripped out of the Magic Kingdom.

It's ok, based on the video of the show, the lumberjack show is a lawsuit waiting to happen. One person with an allergy of those trees gets sick on a visit, that show is done (kinda what Disney might be hoping for anyway). There are allergies to sawdust and different types of pollens from trees and such. Why Disney would go this route with a show is beyond me.

Before anyone comes on and says, "well, they don't have to watch the show", you're right, they don't... And the person that gets sick (to a possibly unknown level) may not be attending the show. They may be just passing through Canada on their way to the UK or another country in the World Showcase.

Also, from the video shown, this thing looks like the stupidest, hokiest thing ever. Certainly not worth getting rid of a band like Off Kilter. But hey, I don't get paid the big bucks to cost the company lots of big bucks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They were kind of cool when I first saw them years ago but after a while...take off the kilts and lose the bagpipes and all I heard was a band doing a cover of an old song I had no interest in and could see at the local state fair. I'm glad they were being replaced but would rather have seen something more authentic. Lumberjack show seems state fair level to me as well.

Exactly.. Disney likes to ride something so far into the ground now that people are happy to just get anything new.. until they realize the stinker Disney offers in it's place.

Cmdr_Crimson

You know who'd be more entertaining? Red Green...
3814986.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Would that be this thread:

Voices of Liberty to become latest cut?

Where '74 says no less than 3 times on the first page that it was a rumor and could just be normal contract renewal talks, which is then supported by the last page where it was confirmed they were going in to rehearsals to bring in a new member?

Debate is fine, but you are consistently making up facts to fuel your own anger. Why?

I don't have to invent anything, I get a lot of information from various sources some of which are press release aggregators and sometimes pressers come out which are immediately pulled released too soon, incorrect or oops should not have said that.

As to VoL
Guess the FACT that they were not in the park for nearly three weeks escaped you, Why is known only to TDO but since it's well known that Disney wants to eliminate all Equity acts, it's reasonable to assume that they were looking for another non-equity act and being unable to find one they brought back VoL.

Normal contract negotiations are not an exercise in brinksmanship both sides knew when contract expired if this was routine there would not have been any hiatus as the contract would have gone through without a hitch as it has for the last couple of DECADES.

You spend an awful lot of time trying to discredit anyone who does not have a positive view of Disney's current practices. All I want is a return to the standards DIS set for themselves in the 80's and 90's

jakeman

I don't have to invent anything, I get a lot of information from various sources some of which are press release aggregators and sometimes pressers come out which are immediately pulled released too soon, incorrect or oops should not have said that.
Ah, they mysterious press releases that somehow provides you with all sort of illicit information that only seems to support your view point that magically disappear.

As to VoL
Guess the FACT that they were not in the park for nearly three weeks escaped you, Why is known only to TDO but since it's well known that Disney wants to eliminate all Equity acts, it's reasonable to assume that they were looking for another non-equity act and being unable to find one they brought back VoL.

Normal contract negotiations are not an exercise in brinksmanship both sides knew when contract expired if this was routine there would not have been any hiatus as the contract would have gone through without a hitch as it has for the last couple of DECADES.
Holy crap man, it's in the thread I link that part of the reason they were on hiatus was to train a new member from DL. :facepalm:

A reasonable assumption is not the same thing as fact, which is what you purport it as. Assumptions aren't fact. Why is that so hard for you?

Just because there aren't enough cars in the parking lot doesn't mean we can assume that Disney is forging their financial documents when the auditors sign off on them.

Just because they are conducting FP+ test for a third track doesn't mean we can assume that Disney is about to charge for FP+ when there is nothing that states that and multiple people state in that thread that it's not happening.

Just because a group goes on hiatus doesn't mean we can assume that Disney was shopping for a new act when the progenitor of the thread who is infinitely more connected that you states that it's rumors which is then corroborated through other people in the thread state that some one is being trained.

You spend an awful lot of time trying to discredit anyone who does not have a positive view of Disney's current practices. All I want is a return to the standards DIS set for themselves in the 80's and 90's
Not everyone, just you because your blind rage is absolutely hilarious.

TeriofTerror

Over on WDWToday (August live show) @lentesta's co-host Mike Scopa suggested that the new acts are more in line with the culturally relevant acts that originated with World Showcase and that was the motivation, not money. Has anyone else heard this?
If a CM said this to me, I don't think I'd be able to refrain from laughing in his face while pointing to the Norway Pavilion. Kudos to Mr. Scopa for having far better manners than me! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom