Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

71jason

Only watched 2 minutes of the video--and maybe 3 minutes of the TV show I'm about to bring up--but this whole act makes me think TDO is going for a Duck Dynasty vibe without touching the politics of the actual clan. Like somebody saw all the branded crap last Christmas and thought, "let's capitalize on that."

Seriously, tho, in just 5 years Celebrate Tonight has gone from an embarrassment to the Silver Age of Live Disney Entertainment.

CDavid

Only watched 2 minutes of the video--and maybe 3 minutes of the TV show I'm about to bring up--but this whole act makes me think TDO is going for a Duck Dynasty vibe without touching the politics of the actual clan. Like somebody saw all the branded crap last Christmas and thought, "let's capitalize on that."

They rather missed the whole point of the Robertson family, then, for a completely superficial (and very poorly executed) portrayal.

Given what I've seen of the Lumberjack show on Youtube (above), I can't see it lasting very long anyway.

We gave up Off-Kilter for this? :facepalm:

PhotoDave219

Seriously, tho, in just 5 years Celebrate Tonight has gone from an embarrassment to the Silver Age of Live Disney Entertainment.

Nah, I think it's more a case of someone bringing in a cheap act to make themselves look better and it blew up in their face.

I give this 5 more weeks till they pull the plug.

PhotoDave219

Over on WDWToday (August live show) @lentesta's co-host Mike Scopa suggested that the new acts are more in line with the culturally relevant acts that originated with World Showcase and that was the motivation, not money. Has anyone else heard this?

That's the line of BS being promoted.

Maybe that's what the new manager is trying to do but its backfiring quick.

lazyboy97o

Stopped to watch this afternoon, I can't fathom how anyone would ever watch the new show twice. Boring presentation mixed with bad/corny jokes.

I won't be stopping again any time soon.
Somebody must have wanted to watch it twice since this group and their act already existed.

wannabeBelle

Don't lie Marie. On many occasions you brought a tent, sleeping bag and roasted smores over an open fire in front of the stage.;):D
C'mon now my love, you KNOW I dont do camping out overnight. I do admit to mutiple shows in a day to the point of one time asking " So are you taking out a restraining order anytime soon??" The Boys got a big kick out of that one. The Smores are a great idea, we can use the poor logs that the lumberjacks have been working with as fuel for the campfire!!!! I like it, I like it a lot!!!!!!! Marie

note2001

Somebody must have wanted to watch it twice since this group and their act already existed.

This isn't their regular act Paul Bunyon has in other locations. It's missing log rolling, log running, tree climbing, and something else called spring-boarding(?). Half the show is missing here. If I were to judge by this show what their others around the country are like, I'd have to say their success had to be based off of being in tourist traps areas. Not the message they want to send out I'm sure.

Tadifer

So Voices of Liberty was not/is not equity? Or are you alluding to a second shoe dropping...

Voices of Liberty are, and always have been, Equity performers.

Sorry for the delay! Been at work all day. I definitely wasn't alluding to anything, it was just my speculation about the acts already there. Voices of Liberty is indeed Equity. However, VoL has it's roots firmly planted. Not only do they participate in Candlelight every year, but their talents are used throughout WDW. The performers from VoL are the same voices you'll hear in Wishes actually. VoL has earned it's tenure...it's not going anywhere.

dreamfinder

Sorry for the delay! Been at work all day. I definitely wasn't alluding to anything, it was just my speculation about the acts already there. Voices of Liberty is indeed Equity. However, VoL has it's roots firmly planted. Not only do they participate in Candlelight every year, but their talents are used throughout WDW. The performers from VoL are the same voices you'll hear in Wishes actually. VoL has earned it's tenure...it's not going anywhere.

That's what I thought. Was just looking for clarification as your original post stated "All Equity (or shows including Equity) acts at Epcot were let go at the end of their contract". Was confused as I was pretty sure VoL was indeed Equity.

FigmentFreak

Wait a second... Disney wanted to be environmentally friendly with the Illuminations fireworks and therefore got rid of the screamers...

So now they have a lumberjack show that is going to do what else... kill more trees... Which isn't really environmentally friendly...

Anyone else see a problem here? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Never fear, they aren't killing more trees, as I said in another thread, they're going to use the trees they ripped out of the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom