Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

nolatron

That is not what was coming up when I quoted it. Obviously they took it down to clean it up.

That's because that's a link to their main Facebook page. The original link I posted and you quoted, which is still above, was a link directly to a photo on that page of the show people backstage with some CM's (you can see the nametags).

Original link to photo that was deleted: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=752647214772858

The main facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Bunyan-Lumberjack-Show/126140320756887

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's because that's a link to their main Facebook page. The original link I posted and you quoted, which is still above, was a link directly to a photo on that page of the show people backstage with some CM's (you can see the nametags).

Original link to photo that was deleted: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=752647214772858

The main facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Bunyan-Lumberjack-Show/126140320756887

It has been sanitized. Most all the icky comments have been scrubbed over the last 10 days.

mousehockey37

Are they pine trees? I can't have a real Christmas tree due to the fact it is a cut pine tree.
Not a serious allergy but enough to make me miserably stuffy during the holidays.

Not sure, others could confirm, but you understand what I'm saying. The show could be over and everything, as in not even happening and someone could still catch sawdust from a breeze... Far fetched? Sure. A reality, you better believe it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Why is known only to TDO but since it's well known that Disney wants to eliminate all Equity acts, it's reasonable to assume that they were looking for another non-equity act and being unable to find one they brought back VoL.

Unless Disney plans to close the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, and eliminate the Dapper Dans, they can't eliminate all of the Equity acts.

BrerJon

You are most likely correct. I know that if I am in a place like Disney, I am not going to go to guest services and complain about streetmosphere that is not my cup of tea. I am just going to walk past.

When the lines at guest relations are nowadays permanently 10 people deep because of complaints about Fastpass+ and MagicBands, the last thing anyone will do is wait half an hour to complain about a lumberjack.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Even if it doesn't do much use.. and even though I have never done so before.. i'll take the time to complain to guest relations about this show each and every time I visit Epcot from now on. Hearing chainsaw noises while relaxing in Epcot is a freaking disgrace.

On a side note.. the huge middle finger that disney just gave its fans with this helped make my decision to stay at Universal on my next trip to florida that much easier. For the first time in 11 trips to Florida i'm gonna see how it is staying over there this November.. I booked courtyard pool rooms at Cabana Bay.. I always liked pop century so we'll see how it compares.

Kman101

I tried keeping an open mind about the Canadian Lumberjacks. I don't have the sentimental attachement to Off Kilter (though I'm still surprised Epcot dumped them, whether they 'fit' or not), but the show was ... ok. For a state fair. I couldn't believe that show is in a Disney park. It's nice to see something different but I just wasn't impressed. I'll watch it in person, most likely, just to judge it in person, but the show wasn't very impressive to me for a Disney quality show. It's not a terrible show actually, just not for Disney, IMO. I do see how it could technically appeal to a 'broader' audience, but at the sme time, it was clearly a cost saving move. Why not keep Mo'Rockin, Fife & Drum and Off Kilter yet offer other entertainment? And the fact that most shows and entertainment end at sundown is a big reason I rarely spend any nights in Epcot. How about offering Off Kilter and Mo'Rockin in the evening? The biggest los for me, wich makes no sense, was the loss of the Fife and Drum corp. Didn't that start in MK at Liberty Square?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Unless Disney plans to close the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, and eliminate the Dapper Dans, they can't eliminate all of the Equity acts.

We are talking about EPCOT here and I believe VoL is the last Equity act at EPCOT. As soon as TDO can find a CHEAP independent contractor to perform acapella they will.

I never said Equity shows don't close or come to the end of their runs, I have however noted that high quality professional shows are being replaced by low bidder dreck like the current lumberjack show.

ssidiouss@mac.c

heres a look at a highlight of the lumberjack show after a week of perfecting what really gets the crowd going at Epcot.. lets see how they're doing:

BrerJon

On a side note.. the huge middle finger that disney just gave its fans with this helped make my decision to stay at Universal on my next trip to florida that much easier. For the first time in 11 trips to Florida i'm gonna see how it is staying over there this November.. I booked courtyard pool rooms at Cabana Bay.. I always liked pop century so we'll see how it compares.

Oh man you're going to love Cabana Bay. The difference between that and Pop Century is night and day.

note2001

I know meals are expensive at Disney, but the MC sure has lost a lot of weight since they started.

Must have a fountain of youth around there too.
I read that the usual mc had a couple days off, which is why we're seeing a new one here. Never fear, santa will return.

Piebald

I have to wonder what standards Disney has for hiring entertainment these days. I'd think they'd want whatever they put out there to appeal to at least a third of the folk walking by, and not not offend the remainder.

Lumberjacks, while they could be quite entertaining in a proper show such as what ThemeParkJunkee posted above, just do not belong in any of the pavilions of EPCOT. By nature it's a loud, rather boisterous show. The way the show is now is comparable to the pool parties run by college programmers at Disney's resorts. Is that what they really wanted echoing across the lake?
Wait, there are pool parties at the resort put on by college program kids?

PhotoDave219

You are most likely correct. I know that if I am in a place like Disney, I am not going to go to guest services and complain about streetmosphere that is not my cup of tea. I am just going to walk past.

It's atmosphere, not streetmasphere. Different category under entertainment management.

aka_emilicious

heres a look at a highlight of the lumberjack show after a week of perfecting what really gets the crowd going at Epcot.. lets see how they're doing:

It always interests me when performers have to wear ear protection and the audience doesn't have any. I'm guessing it's overall duration and proximity of the high decibel noises that requires it. I always stop and wonder if I should have brought ear plugs, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom