Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Ralphlaw

A Red Green like show, with music, would probably be very popular. No, Red Green himself may not be available 7 days a week, but a Possum Lodge show with an older self-helping grumpy guy ala Red, a nerdie nephew like Harold, and other worthless men who could change, if they had to, I guess, would be lots of fun. Intersperse a few songs, and that sounds like a show. Or maybe have it as a musical show with a few clever skit-like moments instead. I wonder what it would cost to buy the rights to "Possum Lodge"?

Hey, It wouldn't be all that much different from the Hoop-de-doo Revue.

SoupBone

I just saw the new part of the show come across my facebook feed, and it is hot crapping garbage. That box was apparently for water so they could add log rolling or whatever you call that contest. The funniest part is that on the facebook comments, there are some fuming mad Canadians about this show's representation of Canada, some even going as far as to calling it an outdated stereotypical exaggerated view of Canadians. I'm laughing hard at the comments because someone at Disney REALLY screwed up with putting that show there and offing Off Kilter.

MissingDisney

I just saw the new part of the show come across my facebook feed, and it is hot crapping garbage. That box was apparently for water so they could add log rolling or whatever you call that contest. The funniest part is that on the facebook comments, there are some fuming mad Canadians about this show's representation of Canada, some even going as far as to calling it an outdated stereotypical exaggerated view of Canadians. I'm laughing hard at the comments because someone at Disney REALLY screwed up with putting that show there and offing Off Kilter.
Following some tweets, too... Boy, people are really angry about this one. At what point will they realize they really messed up....chainsaws and logrolling are not making the Disney grade.

dreamfinder

Heard a recent show had logrolling and no chainsaws.. Did the log rolling replace the chainsaws? Or are the shows random?

I'd wager it depends on which staff is working a given show. Joe may be a great log roller but a terrible chainsawer while John may be awesome at the chainsaw and terrible with log rolling. Lets them have a handful of "events" they rotate through based on the strengths of the scheduled "jacks".

Seabasealpha1

If not Red Green, I'd love to see a Great White North-esque show or something with the McKenzie Bros. They could totally market some of the beers around World Showcase...

Though, in either case, I'm sure copyright ownership and licensing would be a nightmare...sad to say...

and...I dunno...somehow I get the impression that log-rolling isn't a typically used lumberjack skill? No?

Matt_Black

If not Red Green, I'd love to see a Great White North-esque show or something with the McKenzie Bros. They could totally market some of the beers around World Showcase...

Though, in either case, I'm sure copyright ownership and licensing would be a nightmare...sad to say...

Well, they could always get Moranis and Thomas to voice an audio-animatronic Rutt & Tuke, from Brother Bear. Pretty much the exact same shtick as the McKenzie Bros.

The Empress Lilly

The show may not be all that, but I still applaud WDW for replacing a random bar band of Florida beach boys with something slightly ('stereotypical') Canadian.

Personally I'd still replace it with a giant honking snow machine called 'Eight Month Cold Front, Sux To Be You' that covers anybody near the south of it in eight feet of snow.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Axe the show, and build the new experience I have just created. "The Real Frozen - A Canadian Adventure"

Where you are funnelled inside and get to sit in a recreation of a Frozen Canadian city, for a full one hour experience of what it is like to walk around the streets at -32 F. Polar Bears will be placed strategically so you can really get the full Canadian experience.

SnarkyMonkey

and...I dunno...somehow I get the impression that log-rolling isn't a typically used lumberjack skill? No?

Actually, it is a very necessary lumberjack skill. Traditionally, they transported logs down rivers and the log rollers were essential. It is for sure a part of Canadian heritage. (Me saying that, though, in no way means that this is a good show or should be there. I haven't seen the show.)

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Actually, it is a very necessary lumberjack skill. Traditionally, they transported logs down rivers and the log rollers were essential. It is for sure a part of Canadian heritage. (Me seeing that, though, in no way means that this is a good show or should be there. I haven't seen the show.)
Cool! And now I know! Thanks! :)

Dubman

I saw the show in November and was very underwhelmed.. Didn't stay for the whole show, and actually my 8 year old son wanted to leave too. I thought he would have been a little more interested. I'll give it another shot when I'm there in 2 weeks and try to keep an open mind. Off Kilter getting cut really sucked, but replacing them with the show as I saw it in November was even worse. I have to admit that the few times I was walking by when a show was going on they seemed to be pulling a crowd that was halfway interested. Didn't stick around long enough to see if any left though..

Any word on Off Kilter still doing any shows outside Disney? Did they disband? Just curious

note2001

I saw the show in November and was very underwhelmed.. Didn't stay for the whole show, and actually my 8 year old son wanted to leave too. I thought he would have been a little more interested. I'll give it another shot when I'm there in 2 weeks and try to keep an open mind. Off Kilter getting cut really sucked, but replacing them with the show as I saw it in November was even worse. I have to admit that the few times I was walking by when a show was going on they seemed to be pulling a crowd that was halfway interested. Didn't stick around long enough to see if any left though..

Any word on Off Kilter still doing any shows outside Disney? Did they disband? Just curious
There is a saveoffkilter group on Facebook. They didn't convince Disney to keep the group, but they are still playing together and Disney does still have them on the books as individuals for occasional jobs such as the one that occupied the Canadian stage over Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom