Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

SeanWM48

probably depends on your sense of humor but i actually saw it twice in november i loved it that much. the guys are hilarious... i dunno i guess i could see how it makes people roll their eyes too much.

to those hating it because it's new/different/not the same as the previous Canada entertainment show, please, relax and give it a chance. not everything stays the same forever.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, it is a very necessary lumberjack skill. Traditionally, they transported logs down rivers and the log rollers were essential. It is for sure a part of Canadian heritage. (Me seeing that, though, in no way means that this is a good show or should be there. I haven't seen the show.)
Just curious why the rolling of the logs was a necessary task. Is it like flipping your sausage so it doesn't burn on one side? It seems to me that the river would roll the logs naturally without George Jetson on top.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just curious why the rolling of the logs was a necessary task. Is it like flipping your sausage so it doesn't burn on one side? It seems to me that the river would roll the logs naturally without George Jetson on top.

Way back they guided the logs so they flowed evenly down the river to the saw mills. If left to flow on their own there would be "Log Jams" in the river that would block the flow of the logs.

Taylor63.jpg

SoupBone

Actually, it is a very necessary lumberjack skill. Traditionally, they transported logs down rivers and the log rollers were essential. It is for sure a part of Canadian heritage. (Me seeing that, though, in no way means that this is a good show or should be there. I haven't seen the show.)

All I can say is that while it is still a small sampling and I don't know any Canadians personally, the majority of posts I've read from them on both Facebook and Twitter seem to suggest that they think it's a ridiculous stereotype, and that the show needs to be canned in favor of something more representative of their culture.

Apparently, while lumberjacks might be somewhat accurate for some Canadians, plenty have voiced their displeasure with that being their representative in EPCOT.

roj2323

All I can say is that while it is still a small sampling and I don't know any Canadians personally, the majority of posts I've read from them on both Facebook and Twitter seem to suggest that they think it's a ridiculous stereotype, and that the show needs to be canned in favor of something more representative of their culture.

Any of them make a recommendation of an act/show that would be more representative of Canadian culture?

note2001

Not that I saw, no. The posts were mostly similar to " WTH, noooo! We're not like that!" type posts. :hilarious:

That blizzard machine is the most brilliant idea ever ... it's spot on, the kids would love it. Moms would get lost trying to dig junior out, meanwhile the Dads would have a chance to escape to the pub for another beer. :D

Matt_Black

Isn't that the Oscar the Grouchy show at the studios?

Can't be; Sesame Street characters weren't included in the Muppets buy, which is why he haven't had a proper Sesame Street cameo in a Muppets film for over two decades. Oscar the Grouch would have fit in PERFECTLY with the Hobo Joe scene.

WildcatDen

Can't be; Sesame Street characters weren't included in the Muppets buy, which is why he haven't had a proper Sesame Street cameo in a Muppets film for over two decades. Oscar the Grouch would have fit in PERFECTLY with the Hobo Joe scene.
Amen, but isn't the restriction on Sesame Street Characters just East of the Mississippi or am I getting my Big Bird and Avengers mixed up again?

SnarkyMonkey

Apparently, while lumberjacks might be somewhat accurate for some Canadians, plenty have voiced their displeasure with that being their representative in EPCOT.

I think we are talking about two different things. One is whether lumberjacks are a part of Canadian culture. Two is whether this is an appropriate show for the Canadian pavilion at Epcot. I don't think the two are the same thing.

I can't address the second part but lumberjacks and the forestry industry is definitely a huge part of Canadian culture throughout their entire country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom