Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Well, we are at that time of year (end of fiscal year) when shows are shut down and entertainment for the next year is revised. We have already started seeing announcements, so YES there is HOPE!!!!

I for one would like to see Off Kilter come back.

I would like Off Kilter back (and the World Showcase Players even more) but I was hedging off the "shows must change" crowd. I just can't fathom somebody thought this chainsaw show was better than Off Kilter. I guess the best answer is that somebody thought "The chainsaw show is cheaper than Off Kilter" and that's why we got it.

asianway

I would like Off Kilter back (and the World Showcase Players even more) but I was hedging off the "shows must change" crowd. I just can't fathom somebody thought this chainsaw show was better than Off Kilter. I guess the best answer is that somebody thought "The chainsaw show is cheaper than Off Kilter" and that's why we got it.
Maybe when Epcot gets a new entertainment director. No one will ever admit they screwed up

Bolt

LOL. I have probably walked by about 20 times in the last two months, and there is always s crowd enjoying the show. I guess the visitors at Epcot don't have the refined tastes of this group.
This. I can't believe how large of a crowd they get.

Biff215

This. I can't believe how large of a crowd they get.

It's a theme park. There will always be those guests who either feel like they have to experience everything or who just don't know any better. And when it's loud and obnoxious it draws even more people in.

I won't even get near the place to check it out. It's so out of place that I don't care if it's the greatest lumberjack show ever.

Since this is an outside contractor, I fear how long that contract may run for.

doctornick

I won't even get near the place to check it out. It's so out of place that I don't care if it's the greatest lumberjack show ever.

But of course, nothing would be more "in place" for a Canada pavilion than a cover band wearing kilts. (And, no, I don't need a lecture on the nuances of why Off Kilter was appropriate because you can apply similar arguments to the validity of having lumberjacks there.)

wishiwere@wdw

Off Kilter was ******* awful. They could be heard across the lagoon and were so bad that I would duck indoors to get away from the noise. Yes I really like the Canadian Lumberjacks.
And that is your opinion. Everybody has different tastes and I won't go anywhere near Epcot or the chainsaws. Meanwhile, Cedar Point was rocking Labor Day weekend.

janoimagine

Off Kilter was ******* awful. They could be heard across the lagoon and were so bad that I would duck indoors to get away from the noise. Yes I really like the Canadian Lumberjacks.

Your right ... the sound of chainsaws and bad dialogue reverberating around the world showcase is far better. Off Kilter was a decent band ... but if you prefer the drone of a 22" Stihl then clearly your the target Disney was going for.

WDW Monorail

Your right ... the sound of chainsaws and bad dialogue reverberating around the world showcase is far better. Off Kilter was a decent band ... but if you prefer the drone of a 22" Stihl then clearly your the target Disney was going for.

Not sure about bad dialogue but yes chainsaws are better for me. Ever since I was very young I have enjoyed the sound of loud motors, lawn movers, vacuum cleaners, blowers and jet engines. I'm being serious.

Biff215

But of course, nothing would be more "in place" for a Canada pavilion than a cover band wearing kilts. (And, no, I don't need a lecture on the nuances of why Off Kilter was appropriate because you can apply similar arguments to the validity of having lumberjacks there.)
I'm not even talking about fitting in with the country, I just don't believe this type of entertainment fits right in the WS walkway. To me, music adds to the atmosphere, while chainsaws detract from it. I really liked Off Kilter, but I understand things need to change. If they had replaced them with another musical act that I didn't care for, I'd be okay with it much like when the UK changed. This just seems to belong at a state fair, not a Disney theme park. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom