Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

dreamfinder

Bolt

Yoinks. Looks like they will not only be doing "events" that require the continuous destruction of trees vs something like speed climbing or log rolling that can reuse the same wood numerous times, it looks like they are going to do the springboard chop event. Wonder if they were testing to see how far chips would fly from this.
All from 1 exterior photo.

dreamfinder

All from 1 exterior photo.

Well, the logs are in mounts similar to those used for springboard, and if you look you can see cuts roughly about at the height, and rotation that they would use for springboard. Sadly speed climbing would require a pretty tall log becoming an eyesore (normally what, 60 feet high) and log rolling would require a water tank. Not much detail in the work permit, but unless they are going to demo the stage and expand backwards I imagine we will end up seeing springboarding, and then probably using the stage for chainsaw, standing chop, and maybe underhand chop. May still see something like ax throwing as well, but pretty much every other event I can realistically see them getting in here in short schedule will require new wood for most shows.

xipetotec

tigger1968

So I finally got up the nerve to watch the video of this lumberjack show. Somebody....anybody....please tell me this is NOT what Disney has hired.

To call that show painful to watch would be an insult to things that are painful to watch. I mean...I just watched one guy get cheered on by an MC and the crowd to chop a log. Not like a competition with another guy. Just one guy chopping a log. Wow. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

On another note...how much fun will this be for the show performers to do when Disney makes them wear all the required safety equipment they most likely will need. I didn't see anyone in this with any sort of hearing protection, eye protection, helmet, chaps, gloves, or anything else. I don't see that working at a theme park.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wonder if those of you so concerned about natural resources boycott water rides...

Also hope all of you were in favor of removing the fountain at Poly. Wouldn't want to waste any water, would we?
Isn't about 90% of that water recycled through the system? Add in the rain in Fla. which could easily make up for the lost 10% and it seems like a minimal loss. 40 pound wood blocks being chopped into bits are hardly reusable. Multiply that by several shows per day at 365 days per year and you have a lot more waste. I'm not boycotting the lumberjack show by any means, just thinking that it's far more wasteful than a water ride.

note2001

Wonder if those of you so concerned about natural resources boycott water rides...

Also hope all of you were in favor of removing the fountain at Poly. Wouldn't want to waste any water, would we?

There is SO much wrong with this world that we need to pick and choose our battles otherwise we'll be overwhelmed. I have a good handful I'm working on being better with, I won't name them because we're not here to compare our environmental morals and goals. I will say boycotting Disney rides is not in my agenda at this time. Deforestation is however one of the issues I care about, so yes, I will moan, groan and make noise to others about waste as I pass by the show - providing, that is, I can with all the dust particles in the air.

I will not speak for the others, but suggest we not judge each other's life agendas.

So, now I could turn the table back on you... but I won't. I trust you have chosen your environmental battles and for that, I thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom