1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Pavilion Rant

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by scorp16, Sep 4, 2017.

1. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

Quad Quad is insane. A cup full of cream and sugar with a splash of coffee added to it.

castlecake2.0 likes this.
  2. DanielleOG

DanielleOG Member

Awwww I went for the first time a few months ago and loved the Canada Pavillion. I am from Toronto, and had been to BC once so I liked seeing all the beautiful gardens. The buildings, too. I agree there needs to be a Timmy's.

3. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

I enjoy the film and I like to walk through the gardens. I think Canada at this point is for looks.

4. KraftServices

KraftServices Active Member

Mostly I just like the upstairs area of Canada. It's pretty, and SO quiet, and there's places to sit. It's a really amazing spot to rest and unwind. The rest of the pavilion makes me sad, though. It always feels kind of empty there. It's pretty, but not a lot of substance...

But I'd put it low on the list of stuff in Epcot that needs a fixer-upper.

5. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

That is NOT the Tower of London lol! That's Hampton Court Palace.

And the 1800 row of shops? Wrong again, it's actually representing 4 centuries of shops, showing how they change over the centuries etc.

Tiggerish, SteveAZee and James J like this.
  6. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

To those here disparaging Martin Short- SHAME ON YOU. His "Jerry Lewis sucking on a lozenge" bit alone has provided me many hours of amusement, particularly when I have a cold.

7. WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife Well-Known Member

Canada is my 3rd favorite WS pavilion at Epcot right behind Mexico and American Adventure... The Martin Short O Canada film is one of my favorites! And only entertaining educational attraction, not to me, but to anyone I ever take. They seem to get a kick out of Martin Short but find China and France's films incredibly boring.

Hrudey3032 likes this.
  8. NearTheEars

NearTheEars Well-Known Member

The bands at the Mill Stage are being rotated on purpose. Many have come back several times over.
    I agree about the lumberjacks, and obviously TDO does too.

9. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

I agree. It's my entire family's least favorite park, although there are some things I love like Living with the Land so I'd never skip it.

AndyS2992 likes this.
  10. righttrack

righttrack Well-Known Member

Missing from Epcot Canada
    1. Rush (the band) c'mon, easily the biggest export!
    2. Tim Horton's
    3. LCBO store
    4. Poutine
    5. Not enough hockey
    6. Curling
    7. SCTV

I can go on.

Texas84, Astro Blaster and kjb101791 like this.
  11. castlecake2.0

castlecake2.0 Well-Known Member

Another thing that limits the pavilion is its archeitecture. All the different levels just cause the guest to move on because they can't be bothered to go up the stairs (especially with a stroller). I do wish they added anything to top level to give it interest, even if it's just a quiet gallery at least there would be something going on. I do love getting a beer and just sitting up there though. I also have thought that Hudsons Bay Company could be a good partner for the pavilion. They were a fur trading company that settled most of the north west of Canada and now own department stores including Saks and Lord&Taylors along with The Bay in Canada. Seems like an easy spot for them to sell their brand in merch or even just host a gallery about their history. Easy advertising.

12. wannabeBelle

wannabeBelle Well-Known Member

Great idea Castlecake!!! Marie

13. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

I think it was me that posted that on one thread, maybe about tours ...?

Anyway, I never thought I'd ever be contradicting Martin ( :jawdrop: ) but there IS a path that goes up and around the rocks and waterfalls.

I don't know if it's always open to the public, maybe it's CMs only for some reason. But on Jan 1st this year I went up it on the Discover World Showcase tour. It meanders around, and you look down on the gardens and the waterfalls. It was absolutely stunning, and then we came down near the bridge in the gardens. I'll see if I can find some pictures to post because it was just glorious.

14. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

I'd love to see the pics!

There is indeed a path; back in the day IllumiNations 88 had some infrastructure up there. I assume it's the same one. I thought we were talking about a normal guest area.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  15. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

I didn't realise it wasn't a normal guest area to be honest. It looked like just a nice path up the rocks. But then we did go backstage a few times so this must have been another one, only not behind-the-scenes backstage.

I'll search my photos and also ask DS if he has any. I might need his assistance getting them off my camera (or the cloud) onto my iPad .....!

marni1971 likes this.
  16. wannabeBelle

wannabeBelle Well-Known Member

I'd love to see them as well!!!! Marie

17. castlecake2.0

castlecake2.0 Well-Known Member

I think this is just the normal guest path that goes up the stairs from the O CANADA! Entrance? It goes up towards the Chateau where there's a little plaza to view the waterfalls then continues on to a ramp/bridge where you can view the gardens. To get up into the actual mountains covering the attraction you need to climb wall mounted ladders on the backside of the "show building".

18. kjb101791

kjb101791 Member

Picture this- a Trailer Park Boys ride where you are towed in a shopping cart by Bubbles' go cart through the trailer park.

Raineman, Matty30, righttrack and 2 others like this.
  19. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

Hey, here's an idea- a Kids in the Hall attraction! Dave Foley and Kevin MacDonald have already contributed to Disney attractions, so they'd probably be in.

righttrack and MisterPenguin like this.
  20. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

The Daily Poutin is the best performing dining venue in Disney Springs. It is surprising that such success has not been copied to the Canada Pavilion.