Calls to Retheme Pinnochio's Daring Journey

mickEblu

No. Italians don’t concern themselves with trying to look for “inappropriate appropriation” of our culture.

That is unless you ask my Italian mother her opinion on vegan meatballs or gluten free pasta. Lol.

Lol. My family is like that. I can never admit to them that I sometimes eat at Andre’s across the street from the grove/ Farmers Market. For those who don’t know Andre’s is a famous old school cafeteria in LA that serves “Italian” food. At the risk of sounding snobby it’s more on the goomba side and not authentic. My in-laws would order takeout from there every once in a while and I kind of developed a taste for it. I go with the spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and chicken in mushroom sauce. Oh ya their salad with whatever that white dressing is is pretty good too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Italian feature animation films have American characters in them with names such as:

Mackin Cheeze
Gunnar
Fatty
Selfie
Karen

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

My heart sinks every time I remember how afraid Walt was of his father, even in the early 40's, when his dad was throwing shade on the new studio and Walt was trying to comfort him by saying it could be turned into a hospital, when Walt had no such intention at all, was just trying to calm his father down.
You were there? How could you remember something you did not witness?

Stevek

Sharon&Susan

Which question are you talking about?
1597722974199.png

Californian Elitist

Lol. My family is like that. I can never admit to them that I sometimes eat at Andre’s across the street from the grove/ Farmers Market. For those who don’t know Andre’s is a famous old school cafeteria in LA that serves “Italian” food. At the risk of sounding snobby it’s more on the goomba side and not authentic. My in-laws would order takeout from there every once in a while and I kind of developed a taste for it. I go with the spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and chicken in mushroom sauce. Oh ya their salad with whatever that white dressing is is pretty good too.

I’ve been hitting up Andre’s since the late 90s now. I went to Hancock Park Elementary, right around the corner from it. We would literally have field trips there and walk there from school. I really hope it’s not closing, like originally. Aaron is the best.

Andre’s was my favorite “Italian” restaurant, up until I started eating at Osteria Mamma, an authentic spot on Melrose. Just had dinner there on Saturday.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I still stand by my question. He said "My heart sinks every time I remember how afraid Walt was of his father" as if he saw this first hand. I HAVE read many biographies and history books and never once have I SAID "boy I remember when the tanks rolled in" after reading about WWII as if I was physically there.

mickEblu

I’ve been hitting up Andre’s since the late 90s now. I went to Hancock Park Elementary, right around the corner from it. We would literally have field trips there and walk there from school. I really hope it’s not closing, like originally. Aaron is the best.

Andre’s was my favorite “Italian” restaurant, up until I started eating at Osteria Mamma, an authentic spot on Melrose. Just had dinner there on Saturday.

Honestly at the risk of my fam ridiculing me I like it for what it is. I’m able to put certain foods in their own categories and appreciate them for what they are. Never been to Osteria Mamma but the name sounds legit.

Curious Constance

I still stand by my question. He said "My heart sinks every time I remember how afraid Walt was of his father" as if he saw this first hand. I HAVE read many biographies and history books and never once have I SAID "boy I remember when the tanks rolled in" after reading about WWII as if I was physically there.
Have you ever read a sad, scary, disturbing or funny true story and then later you think back about it again and it makes you feel sad, scared, disturbed, or makes you laugh?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Have you ever read a sad, scary, disturbing or funny true story and then later you think back about it again and it makes you feel sad, scared, disturbed, or makes you laugh?
Not the same thing here. Reading a work of fiction is not the same as readying a biography or history book. I would say " hey i remember reading about how walt said in his autobiography how scared he was when his dad was.." or if it was a history book, " I recall reading how it was reported Walt used to be afraid of his father"... I wouldn't phrase it as if I had first hand knowledge. Now IF I was reading the book IT and I pooped my pants then I COULD SAY " boy this scene really disturbed me because of x y and z" or "i felt the book was scary". See the difference?

Californian Elitist

Honestly at the risk of my fam ridiculing me I like it for what it is. I’m able to put certain foods in their own categories and appreciate them for what they are. Never been to Osteria Mamma but the name sounds legit.

I’m not going to stop eating at Andre’s. I agree, I like it for what it is and it’s definitely the best tasting Americanized Italian food I’ve had. It’s tasty.

My Italian friend (whose actually from Italy) recommended Osteria Mamma to me. The employees are native Italians. I definitely recommend it, it’s on Melrose near Paramount Studios.

Mac Tonight

My heart sinks every time I remember what the Jews went through in the Holocaust... yet I was born in the 80’s. “Remembering” history doesn’t have to mean you were there firsthand.

Try again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom