Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erika

Originally posted by garyhoov
Who's looking forward to "Signs"? I work in Bucks county where they filmed it, and I saw the film crews moving around and shooting different areas a while back. It'll be fun to see some local spots! (a good friend of mine got married in a church they used in "Unbreakable")

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it this Weekend. Ryan says he wants to see it, but he will often get nervous right before a scary movie and run out of the theater. He's still terrified of "It's a Small World". I tell him he's the only kid in the world who isn't afraid to go on roller-coasters or motorcycles, but is afraid of "It's a Small World. He thinks the dolls are "Creepy" (sort of like lawn gnomes I guess)

Those gnomes ARE creepy! :eek:

I think I will pass on Signs-- not really my type of movie although it does look well-made. I bet it will be a hit.

Goofette

I am looking forward to "Signs". I like strange movies. I loved "The Others" and no one else I talked to liked it, but I've watched it a lot.

garyhoov, does Ryan like HM?

bamboo7

ok, i seem to have misplaced a stick of 512 ddr that i need now. anyone have any idea where it might be?

(i know its a longshot but i am getting desperate)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Goofette
I am looking forward to "Signs". I like strange movies. I loved "The Others" and no one else I talked to liked it, but I've watched it a lot.

garyhoov, does Ryan like HM?

The Others was good, I think it would have been great if The Sixth Sense didn't come before. I figured out The Others about halfway through and blurted it out so I ruined it for Linda also (ooops).

I know I'm going to feel stupid when you tell me, but I'm not catching your abbreviation. What's HM?:veryconfu

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Haunted Mansion! I just got it!

No, he's never had the nerve to try it. I'm sure he would love it if he gave it a try. Maybe next time.

tenchu

I'm sorry Tenchu, but when I think of Scotsmen, the images of Groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons and Fat B*stard from Austin powers keep popping into my head. Which one do you look more like?

Groundsman willie, even though i dont have the ginger hair, a beard or the broad accent. So basically i look nothing like either of them!

And Erika, that friend of your sounds perfectly normal in likeing the scotsman thang! (I only wish it happenned more often!)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tenchu

Groundsman willie, even though i dont have the ginger hair, a beard or the broad accent. So basically i look nothing like either of them!

And Erika, that friend of your sounds perfectly normal in likeing the scotsman thang! (I only wish it happenned more often!)

Hey, I've got a beard. I probably look more like him than you do.

I think you ought to get Erika's friend's number. I don't know why she should settle for an imitation when she can get the real thing. It's like people who shape SPAM to look like turkey.:D

tenchu

Hey, I've got a beard. I probably look more like him than you do.

I think you ought to get Erika's friend's number. I don't know why she should settle for an imitation when she can get the real thing. It's like people who shape SPAM to look like turkey.:D

Always the real thing!

MKCustodial

Did you know Ryan was at page 2????? :eek:

Anyways, I just wanted to say that, as of yesterday, 10 PM Brazil time, I've officially graduated! :sohappy: I'm supposed to be a teacher, but I really hate teaching, so I'm a Translator and Subtitler. Too bad the university doesn't properly recognize this... :hammer:

Goofette

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Did you know Ryan was at page 2????? :eek:

Anyways, I just wanted to say that, as of yesterday, 10 PM Brazil time, I've officially graduated! :sohappy: I'm supposed to be a teacher, but I really hate teaching, so I'm a Translator and Subtitler. Too bad the university doesn't properly recognize this... :hammer:

Congratulations!!! Didn't you also have a speach to make? How did that go?

MKCustodial

Congratulations!!! Don't they need translators at Disney World?

That's what I hope!! :lol: But seriously, they have the SuperGreeters, who basically work as translators... I just don't know if I can apply for that moving to the US or from here, like the College Program.

Originally posted by Goofette

Congratulations!!! Didn't you also have a speach to make? How did that go?

Actually, I was one of the two presenters! I was really nervous, but it worked out just great, thank God! As soon as I have pictures, I'll post them. I was the only boy out of 17 students, and the last one to enter. When it was my turn, people started clapping harder and whistling and shouting! I thought only my family and friends would be doing that! :lol:

Originally posted by tenchu
Well done, is it find a job time now?

NO!!! :sohappy: Woo-hoo!! I was very lucky to get a good job at the best subtitling company in town, their biggest client is a major movie channel for cable, kinda like HBO, but they have 5 channels instead of 2 (at least here in Brazil HBO only has 2 channels...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom