Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofette

Originally posted by Maria
Hola! :wave:

I just came home today for a few hours to do some laundry and check my mail. I´m glad to see Ryan is still alive. Thank you! :kiss:
:animwink:

So how is everyone doing today? :)

Hey Maria :wave: I hope you're having fun on your vacation. We've missed you.

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by garyhoov

No, but we'll be off next monday when you blokes are working/going to class.:cool:

What is next monday? Labor day?
I love the american system! Our holidays are on fixed days, so sometimes they are on a wednesday and you just get the day off, but for you people, they are always either on monday or friday or if they are in thursday (like Thanksgiving), then you get the whole weekend off! Isn´t it "lovely"? :animwink:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Alberrisford

um...........what? you mean you didn't get a bank holiday today? :eek:

yeah..its a holiday next monday for us... Labor Day....3 day weekend...I am looking forward to it Al.... I need a break :)
Then after that....I am taking most of Sept off from work....I will be gone from Sept 14th to Oct 1st... a looooooong vacation. I figure I deserve it :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Jerry,

I noticed you listed "Driving Fast" as something you like to do on the other thread. Did you ever do the Richard Petty driving thing? Do you know if they're still doing it? I've been thinking about it, but I don't know much about it.

:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Maria

What is next monday? Labor day?
I love the american system! Our holidays are on fixed days, so sometimes they are on a wednesday and you just get the day off, but for you people, they are always either on monday or friday or if they are in thursday (like Thanksgiving), then you get the whole weekend off! Isn´t it "lovely"? :animwink:

Europeans are the ones who really have it nice. We have a few customers who are closed for August. Everyone just takes off and they close down the plants. That would be nice. :cool:

tenchu

Europeans are the ones who really have it nice. We have a few customers who are closed for August. Everyone just takes off and they close down the plants. That would be nice. :cool:

Yup, don't you just hate europeans. :animwink:

DMC-12

Jerry,

I noticed you listed "Driving Fast" as something you like to do on the other thread. Did you ever do the Richard Petty driving thing? Do you know if they're still doing it? I've been thinking about it, but I don't know much about it.

Oh yeah... I have read all about it... I know they do it up at the Milwaukee Mile...but I dont know when.... and I know know they have the track on WDW property...but it comes down to time and money for me.....I dont have much of either these days... :lol:

Check out there site Gary....
http://www.1800bepetty.com/

One of these days I will do it :D

Maria

Original Poster

Oh yeah.... don´t even get me started on that! :mad:
My german friends have 6 weeks of paid vacation in their first year at their job while I only get 6 paid DAYS on the first year! :mad: :cry:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by DMC-12

Oh yeah... I have read all about it... I know they do it up at the Milwaukee Mile...but I dont know when.... and I know know they have the track on WDW property...but it comes down to time and money for me.....I dont have much of either these days... :lol:

Check out there site Gary....
http://www.1800bepetty.com/

One of these days I will do it :D

Thanks! That's got some good info. maybe I can even do one around here.

I came this close (holding up thumb and forefinger in close proximity) to getting a ride on Ferrari's track last time I was in Italy. I was working on a motorcycle project, and the engineer was an ex Ferrari guy who still does projects for them. He told a funny story in which he got in an F-50 with one of their drivers and started to put his seat belt on. The drive just shook his head and said "you won't need that". The engineer got the feeling he would really be insulting the driver, so he just held on as they screamed around the track at speeds in the range of 200 mph.

The engineer took us to the factory hoping to get us on the track, but we got there late and all the people he knew were gone for the day. I may be going back in September, so I'll try again.

Lhriangel

Okay hmm.. lets see. Yes I did the paper, I'm in the computer lab editing it right now (I'm on a computer that won't let me on aim though which STINKS so I have to actually get work done... then I go back to my apartment where my computer does have aim so I can chat hehe *yay*...)

Um... I didn't go to English cause .. I had a midterm in another class... I'm just going to go and drop off this paper in a few.

I am HUNGRY.. who wants to come with me for Orange Chicken?

tenchu

I came this close (holding up thumb and forefinger in close proximity) to getting a ride on Ferrari's track last time I was in Italy. I was working on a motorcycle project, and the engineer was an ex Ferrari guy who still does projects for them. He told a funny story in which he got in an F-50 with one of their drivers and started to put his seat belt on. The drive just shook his head and said "you won't need that". The engineer got the feeling he would really be insulting the driver, so he just held on as they screamed around the track at speeds in the range of 200 mph.

The engineer took us to the factory hoping to get us on the track, but we got there late and all the people he knew were gone for the day. I may be going back in September, so I'll try again.

Nice one!

Gary's obviously got the contacts! :animwink:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tenchu

Yup, don't you just hate europeans. :animwink:

I don't hate anyone . . . well, maybe Scotsmen:animwink:

You're not going to get me with that avatar thing again, I know your old one used to be bright orange.

DMC-12

That is COOL!
Yeah...I read in 'European Car' a few months back they have a new museum and store there...so be sure to check them out for me when you go and file a trip report for me :) ;)

tenchu

I don't hate anyone . . . well, maybe Scotsmen:animwink:

You're not going to get me with that avatar thing again, I know your old one used to be bright orange.

Eh? Gary, i already told you about the coffee!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Angelique
Okay hmm.. lets see. Yes I did the paper

Yeaaaaaa:sohappy: Sometimes I feel nostalgic for my old college days until I remember all the actual work I had to do.

tenchu

Originally posted by DMC-12

That is COOL!
Yeah...I read in 'European Car' a few months back they have a new museum and store there...so be sure to check them out for me when you go and file a trip report for me :) ;)

DMC, if you're into european cars, and you're ever in britain, you should pay a visit to beaulieu.

Well worth a trip.

www.beaulieu.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom