Calling all "RYANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru

Thats what I am hoping. I might start to take a few classes in 3D and 4D design after I get a steady job.

Good plan..i wish i took more classes in college...learn all you can..it never hurts..

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I thought you were working for your school only.

Ours is a blackbox that is tiny. the theatre program usually has about 20 people each semester

I do work for the school, but I also have to pay the bills. I usually will work at school and another theater at the same time. When I first started to do this I would get my designs confused. NOT GOOD!

That is the draw back to crew, long hours.

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Why don't more businesses stay open during the middle of the night?

That´s something that really bothered me sometimes while living in the US. Everything closes at 5pm! If you work, you can´t do anything! All offices have the same schedule! gggrrr.... and monday to friday of course.

Here there is "nap time" from 1-2 to 4-5 so we have that "later" shift for stores, banks and so on...

Oh well.. I got used to it anyways...

Then I came back home, and all I wanted was to work from 9 to 5! :rolleyes: :D

MKCustodial

What about the places on I-Drive. they are open until like, 2 am.

The worst thing about Orlando has to be the fact that you need a car to get pretty much ANYWHERE... They need a good subway system. I remember being so ed because I had to take two buses to go from Vista Way to the Florida Mall, not to mention asking people to cut classes so I could go to IoA... And no, I'm not embarrassed by it! :cool:

DisneyWorldGuru

I seem to never stop working until the close of a show. Then I get a week off and then a new show opens. But then again other times I have nothing to do. Like now. I am off until school starts again in the fall. Which is the day after I get back from WDW.

TURKEY

Originally posted by MKCustodial

The worst thing about Orlando has to be the fact that you need a car to get pretty much ANYWHERE... They need a good subway system. I remember being so ed because I had to take two buses to go from Vista Way to the Florida Mall, not to mention asking people to cut classes so I could go to IoA... And no, I'm not embarrassed by it! :cool:

Orlando traffic sucks.

NowInc

Thats acutally how it is in most of Florida....car is REQUIRED.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Maria
Then I came back home, and all I wanted was to work from 9 to 5! :rolleyes: :D

I remember my managers being awed when I told them I was used to wake up at 6, sometimes 5:30 AM because I had to be at school by 7! :lol: Ah, the American way of life, 9 to 5 and having a paycheck that actually PAYS!

And speaking of paychecks, I REALLY should get back to work, I'm still half way though that crappy movie... My second Mary Higgings Clark movie... :rolleyes:

DisneyWorldGuru

And the Lynx buses dont help. (they are the Disney area public buses) But then once you get near downtown Orlando you have to transfer to other buses like you said.

And I agree, Orlando traffic does suck!

Maria

Original Poster
You are right Rodrigo! If I were living there, I don´t want to think what would happen the day my car doesn´t work! I would need a very good paying job to be able to afford a cab ride to work! A bus ride is unthinkable! :(

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Maria
You are right Rodrigo! If I were living there, I don´t want to think what would happen the day my car doesn´t work! I would need a very good paying job to be able to afford a cab ride to work! A bus ride is unthinkable! :(

:lol: That's why when I was out of food, I'd take one of the Vista Way buses and grab a bite at the parks! :cool: Those sure were the days... Oh, boy, I feel like :cry: I think I need a ride through my vacation videos.

Well, now I'm REALLY going back to work. I'll see you guys in about 3 and a half hours. :wave:

TURKEY

I like St. Louis's transportation system.

Whenever I go, I usually stay at the airport and use Metrolink to get everywhere I need to go.

NowInc

I think I might go out for a while. Maybe I will call a few friends and go to Dave and Busters.

Wow..big spender!! 5 bucks for an arcade game..hehe

Maria

Original Poster

:lol: That's why when I was out of food, I'd take one of the Vista Way buses and grab a bite at the parks! :cool: Those sure were the days... Oh, boy, I feel like :cry: I think I need a ride through my vacation videos.

Oh boy... those were the days! I did the same thing! :lol: All I had to shop for when I went to WalMArt was: cheese, bread, milk, cereal and ice cream!

I bought nuggets and chicken breast fillets and had them forever in the fridge. When I decided to cook, I always had a bunch of people joinning me for mexican dinner! That was good... I didn´t have too many leftovers! :animwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom