Calling all Moms!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I apologize if this has already been posted or it's old news but I was poking around the WDW website and came across an invitation to become part of a moms panel. Quote "We are currently looking for 10-12 individuals to become part of an exciting new online forum set to debut in January 2008. This new team will be invited to share views of their own Walt Disney World vacation experiences, as they answer questions and provide advice to families planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort." There is also a list of criteria that has to be met (I will not list them all) but they include; - You have to have visited in the last 12 months - Complete at least eight (8) written responses per week - Be available to travel to WDW resort from Dec. 8-12, 2007 - Be willing to participate for a minimum of 6 months.
It also says; quote "Persons who are selected as panelists will receive a complimentary trip to WDW resort in preparation for this exciting program." The deadline for submissions is October 5, 2007

Laura

Where is that?

I'm totally interested, however, I don't think I'd be able to find a sitter Dec 8-12 as my husband will be gone. :lol:

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Where is that?

I'm totally interested, however, I don't think I'd be able to find a sitter Dec 8-12 as my husband will be gone. :lol:

It was on the first page, right on the bottom. Next to where they advertise the Disney Visa. Hope that helps!

kennygman

It says they are calling all "moms," but the bottom of the page states:
"It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, (male or female), sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law."

Does that mean that us Dads have a chance too?

It says they are calling all "moms," but the bottom of the page states:
"It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, (male or female), sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law."

Does that mean that us Dads have a chance too?

I guess it does. Cool! I might apply.

It actually doesn't even say anywhere that you have to be a mom...just that you have to be interested in vacation planning for families.
I'm sure they have a type of candidate in mind, but I'd say apply - the worst that could happen is you never hear back from them!

maelstrom

I'm not a mom but I guess I could apply anyway. I plan vacations for anyone I encounter going to WDW, including some with kids. But I'm not going to Florida until 12/14 and I couldn't go before even if I wanted to because my pharmacy tech class runs until 12/13. :(

maggiegrace1

You need to be a mom to do it..They ask you about yourself and your family and well they say "moms"...

All equal oppurtunity employers have to have that on anything they do...but when they specifically ask for "mom" well then dads cannot apply.

GoofyInOhio

No where does it say you have to be a Mom to do it. If you read the requirements is lists a bunch of things, but it doesn't say you have to be female.

They may change that, but right now it does not.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm lookin it over..

I gotta say the whole "Mom" thing is a complete turn off. It's like they're shooting for an audience group which pretty much excludes me if that's the basis of their forums.

Also, i'm fairly certain they dont want people with lots of WDW experience - rather people who will regurgigtate the latest press releases and speils.

Watch the video on the website..

"Will my older kids find Peter Pan boring?"

Likely desired "Disney Mom" answer: "Of course not! It's so magical that everyone can enjoy it and the little details!"

Reality w/ good advice: "Yes, there is a very good chance your tween will think it's ridiculous. Use FastPass so you don't have to wait in a long line and ask them to atleast give it a try - maybe bargain that it's just a stop on the way to Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad."

I can't wait to see these forums *sigh* Disboards 2.0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
From CBOMB on the other thread i accidentally created:

CBOMB said:
They could probably get a dozen good "Disney Moms" from this forum alone.

I doubt they'd want anyone from here who was willing to give advice that was practical and realistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom