California Adventure only Annual Pass (Fun Pass) available at Costco starting Sept. 1

Stevek

And now the rumor is...

Disney Parks prices in the US will go up on Tuesday, September 6th, and that is all tickets and passes.

Another interesting fact, some discounts have a cut off date as of September 15th, such as some group discounts.

Is the DCA pass just a preview of other upcoming changes that will hit folks wallets, and more than likely, not in a good way???
And now the "new rumor is...

I will not be visiting Disneyland again this year (unless I get another sign in)

D

Deleted member 107043

Hans, all I stated was that I wouldn't look at a DCA Only Pass, and would look at the current Disneyland Resort Deluxe 2 park pass instead, since IMHO, Disneyland is worth more than DCA, and that at less than double the DCA only pass, I basically get the same things including discounts, blockout dates and can make a interest free monthly payment plan, it wasn't for me.

And then for discussion purposes, I showed what a local COSTCO shopper would need to compare it to.

Here is one that will be on the display next to the DCA pass in COSTCO...

>>
Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Pass eTicket, California
Features:

Come any date on the first visit. 250 available days for return visits including 45-weekend days*. Valid for 12-Consecutive months from selected first visit date. Black-out dates apply for return visits. First visit must occur on or before 6/15/17. Universal City, California, Delivered via email.

$109.99<<

If I am not a Theme Park geek and wanted a place for my kids to visit during the year, including summer, I would pick one of the passes mentioned, and I would say, the $100 or so per person options seem to fit into many folks budgets.

I hear you, and I wasn't specifically directing my response at you, but rather I was making the general point that there may be an audience for this pass. Or not. We'll see.

Phroobar

Six Flags including the dining and soda package. (At the current deal, a no-brainer)

Unfortunately, it's impossible for the human body to digest any of the "food" at Magic Mountain. The soda is essential because they don't have drinking fountains.

Darkbeer1

I disagree with the current dining options, SFMM has gotten a lot better, and the dining plan has a LOT of choices now (instead of the basic burger and chicken strips)

http://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfmm_dining-pass-brochure.pdf

Fish and Chips freshly made in front of you

Tacos, Shrimp, Chinese, Tri-Tip and Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Garlic Fries and even Johnny Rockets Burgers.

Salads, veggie and vegan, and gluten free choices.

For $80 a year, that only takes about 4 trips to break even in the next 16 months

Stevek

I disagree with the current dining options, SFMM has gotten a lot better, and the dining plan has a LOT of choices now (instead of the basic burger and chicken strips)

http://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfmm_dining-pass-brochure.pdf

Fish and Chips freshly made in front of you

Tacos, Shrimp, Chinese, Tri-Tip and Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Garlic Fries and even Johnny Rockets Burgers.

Salads, veggie and vegan, and gluten free choices.

For $80 a year, that only takes about 4 trips to break even in the next 16 months
I did notice quite a few interesting dining options throughout the park. Unfortunately, the kids I took wanted pizza...which sucked. I wasn't willing to shell out more for dinner so we stopped at Wendy's before hopping on the freeway.

Darkbeer1

I did notice quite a few interesting dining options throughout the park. Unfortunately, the kids I took wanted pizza...which sucked. I wasn't willing to shell out more for dinner so we stopped at Wendy's before hopping on the freeway.

As you can see on the Dining Plan Menu (and there are even better items if you pay al a carte), they do have those basic burgers,chicken strips and pizza, and yes, those are the classic kids favorites.

But SFMM has greatly improved its food options in the last 5 years or so. And yes, it was pretty bad at one point. And heck, the group function meals still are not the best.... (Picnic areas)

Stevek

As you can see on the Dining Plan Menu (and there are even better items if you pay al a carte), they do have those basic burgers,chicken strips and pizza, and yes, those are the classic kids favorites.

But SFMM has greatly improved its food options in the last 5 years or so. And yes, it was pretty bad at one point. And heck, the group function meals still are not the best.... (Picnic areas)
And quite honestly, despite the poor quality of the pizza (they liked it but they'll eat any pizza), it was much more financially favorable to buy the pizza meal deal which included pizza, 4 drinks and breadsticks for I think $44. That fed 7 of us (we already had a couple of all day drink bottles).

SSG

DCA Pass.jpg

Figments Friend

I was just going comment on the irony of Universal passes right next to the DCA ones....

Of all possible options, it HAD to be Uni...?

Too funny...

:hilarious:

-

Darkbeer1

I was just going comment on the irony of Universal passes right next to the DCA ones....

And to the right is SeaWorld (look at the upper right of the photo, COSTCO groups the items in the "Gift Card" section by category, such as Restaurants, Movie Theaters, Theme Parks, etc.

As stated, some folks might want Disney to be in a Bubble, but they do compete with other entertainment options, and that includes non-Theme/Amusement park things.

Darkbeer1

For a family on a budget, the Uni pass is a no-brainer. Where this DCA pass could find traction is with well-to-do couples living an hour or less from the park. Drinks at the Cove Bar and watching WOC could be a nice date night option for that demographic. Especially since the two-park passes are likely to jump in price soon.

Unless the price of a Deluxe 2-park gets close to $1,000, I just don't see that someone (say a childless couple with decent incomes, living close by, like myself) would opt for the DCA only version, and would get the true Deluxe. And if Disney is offering interest free payments, why not take advantage if you can handle and save money, and afford the pass.

IMHO, the DCA only pass will be a flop. But still a good experiment for Disney to see what will happen. Heck, I could be wrong, only time will tell.

SSG

Unless the price of a Deluxe 2-park gets close to $1,000, I just don't see that someone (say a childless couple with decent incomes, living close by, like myself) would opt for the DCA only version, and would get the true Deluxe. And if Disney is offering interest free payments, why not take advantage if you can handle and save money, and afford the pass.

IMHO, the DCA only pass will be a flop. But still a good experiment for Disney to see what will happen. Heck, I could be wrong, only time will tell.
I personally wouldn't buy this, but it will be interesting to see what happens. What I think Disney may eventually offer is a two-park pass, but having more (perhaps many more) blockouts for DL. This could give people their DL fix while driving traffic to DCA.

D

Deleted member 107043

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in the area, but I do not get what all the fuss is about Universal Studios. If someone gifted me a USH pass I can't see myself using it more than once, even if I lived across the street from the place.

Darkbeer1

As a regular that goes to USH, every visit is different, lots of shows that use different actors, etc (similar to Frozen), the tram tour use multiple routes based on the filming going on at the moment, so different. Some of the best rated Theme Park Rides in the world, including Transformers and now the 3-D version of the Forbidden Journey. Lots of good food and drink choices, and just like DCA, full bars are available in a couple of locations. Universal Citywalk also is bigger and has more choices than Downtown Disney.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-top-25-dark-rides-20151016-story.html

Heck, at least USH keeps Jurassic Park in good working order as a flume ride, as compared to Splash Mountain.

And at the price point for the COSTCO pass, and few blockout days, it is easier on the wallet.

Californian Elitist

USH really is a lot of fun, especially during Christmas. As already stated, the tram tour is never exactly the same, sometimes you'll see filming, sometimes you won't. Most of the rides are fun and the fast food is good, including their burgers (unlike Disney). The park has fun streetmosphere and it's nice to see a different guest demographic, even if some of the foreigners get on my nerves.

The park keeps expanding. I'm somewhat looking forward to the future of the park, though I must say I'm so far not interested in the Secret Life of Pets attraction going in.

Darkbeer1

USH really is a lot of fun, especially during Christmas. As already stated, the tram tour is never exactly the same, sometimes you'll see filming, sometimes you won't. Most of the rides are fun and the fast food is good, including their burgers (unlike Disney). The park has fun streetmosphere and it's nice to see a different guest demographic, even if some of the foreigners get on my nerves.

The park keeps expanding. I'm somewhat looking forward to the future of the park, though I must say I'm so far not interested in the Secret Life of Pets attraction going in.

Ahh... Grinchmas is great, the Grinch readings are amazing, especially if you get a celebrity reader. And it is offered all season long, unlike Candlelight. (Though the two shows are totally different).

Also, I am a big fan of Water World, and its stunt show, which uses a lot of well known actors and stunt folks (basically the secondary players on TV shows), and they freely advertise who is playing which role that day.

Is it different than Disney, yes, in some ways better, some things not as good. But it is a good fun change of pace.

D

Deleted member 107043

USH always struck me as the Fisherman's Wharf of LA; a once a thriving production facility which has mostly been given over to themed commercial development designed to trap tourists. YMMV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom