Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

peter11435

But ive had multiple dead ones at Disney in the last 5 years
And I've stayed in over 125 disney resort rooms around the world and never had a broken refrigerator. Although only a handful of those were DVC rooms. I did have a broken TV once at Port Orleans and they came and replaced it.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
It's interesting to see your post from 5 months ago, and I read this article this morning: https://www.forbes.com/sites/susana...worst-performers-new-study-says/#49a893e87e32

What it boils down to is that all the CEOs with the ridiculous salaries and bonus packages are making worse decisions than those on a reasonable pay scale because they just believe they're right, regardless of what anyone else says. Hmmmm...wait a second! That sounds kinda familiar, doesn't it?!? *cough-Iger-cough*

Thank you for sharing. Interesting read, and seems to further prove the point on he-who-must-not-be-named.

As for the Tiki Birds I just want to say that I very much enjoyed my time with them earlier this month, my whole family did as well. Especially my 1yr old. Who danced and clapped along with the music. It was very nice to see her enjoying this classic attraction. I just hope she can enjoy it as she gets older.

TROR

Perhaps you should see how your children like it before passing judgement.
Children aren't hard to impress. Their enjoyment should not be the standard for themed entertainment. Disney parks especially should have attractions that appeal to all ages from three to eighty-three. Bare track coasters that are found at Six Flags do not belong in Disney theme parks.

FigmentJedi

Especially since more research on the customs and history of the Polynesian people was performed before and during the making of Moana than any other Disney film.
Which is a good case for why Moana and Tiki Room would be a stylistic clash.

Tiki Room's a product of midcentury kitsch fantasy Polynesia while Moana was more focused on authenticity and research to such a point where songs start sounding like "Schoolhouse Rock: Pacific Islanders Edition".

Pixieish

Tiki Room's a product of midcentury kitsch fantasy Polynesia while Moana was more focused on authenticity and research to such a point where songs start sounding like "Schoolhouse Rock: Pacific Islanders Edition".

I think it could be cute if they did it right. To each their own, right?

Haymarket2008

EXACTLY this. Two completely different mediums of storytelling and entertainment.

jt04

Children aren't hard to impress. Their enjoyment should not be the standard for themed entertainment. Disney parks especially should have attractions that appeal to all ages from three to eighty-three. Bare track coasters that are found at Six Flags do not belong in Disney theme parks.

Normally you would be right. However Imagineering has clearly created an exception to the rule here. Just as they did with BTMRR, the 7D coaster and Everest.

Bocabear

The Enchanted Tiki Room could be completely relevant (And some of us still think it is) if they just updated and plussed all the effects in the show...they do not necessarily have to add film characters to make it work...Update the technology... if they are sticking with the original show, bring back the fountains in the middle...or even bring back Uh-Oah and wind her character into the original show...It could be done, and done well...especially with new updated and more spectacular effects during the storm sequence..So much could be done without gutting a beautiful Disney original.

John park hopper

The Enchanted Tiki Room could be completely relevant (And some of us still think it is) if they just updated and plussed all the effects in the show...they do not necessarily have to add film characters to make it work...Update the technology... if they are sticking with the original show, bring back the fountains in the middle...or even bring back Uh-Oah and wind her character into the original show...It could be done, and done well...especially with new updated and more spectacular effects during the storm sequence..So much could be done without gutting a beautiful Disney original.
Great ideas Disney needs to listen to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FigmentFan3

The fountain in Disneyland’s version is one of very few special effects in the parks that actually “got me”, meaning I wasn’t instantly aware of generally how the effect was produced. Would love to see it in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom