News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

__r.jr

I've never understood the focus on the DCA name - theme parks aren't defined by their name, they're defined by their theme. And DCA no longer has one.

There isn't a name that will bring cohesion to that park, and there really isn't any reason to change it.

But keeping California in the name gives it distinction of what the park encompasses. Whether broadly or not.

It can't remain California Adventure just because these adventures occur while the park is in California.

That makes it less of a name and more a factual statement and technicality.

DanielBB8

I've never understood the focus on the DCA name - theme parks aren't defined by their name, they're defined by their theme. And DCA no longer has one.

There isn't a name that will bring cohesion to that park, and there really isn't any reason to change it.
The name should not be an issue since it doesn’t matter. This is no different than renaming Disney Hollywood Studios. The only issue with that name is “studios”. Nothing wrong with keeping “Hollywood”. Nothing wrong with keeping “California”. The theme is vaguely relevant.

There’s enough Hollywood or California in each park to ensure the name is close enough. Bugs Land is as much California as Marvel so this is a lateral change. DCA’s remaining lands still represent California so why all the hand wringing. Did Pixar Pier ruin your morale? Despite Disney’s relentless use of IPs, they’re largely created and located in California. Antman featured San Francisco in the movie.

Well, I will say I’m looking forward to the change.

nor'easter

This is where we get back into our previous discussion. California is no longer the overarching theme of the park, hence no. Disney has decided to move away from California as a theme, which is their right.

Right. It's now Disney's Superhero and Pixar Carnival, with side trips to the Desert and National Parks, Adventure

mickEblu

RIP to ITTBAB. He Is survived by ITBBAB East. One of the greatest acronyms in the Disney universe. Almost as good as new ride they re building in Toy Story Land... A$$

October82

But keeping California in the name gives it distinction of what the park encompasses. Whether broadly or not.

It can't remain California Adventure just because these adventures occur while the park is in California.

That makes it less of a name and more a factual statement and technicality.

Which is all that it is. I'm not saying that I like it - I want Disney to return in a real way to caring about theme, but there's nothing to indicate that they do or will.

Too much of the discussion around DCA's name is based on the assumption that somehow the name will make the "theme" work. It won't. DCA's "theme" is simply the Disney brands.

[...]The theme is vaguely relevant.[...]

There's your problem.

mickEblu

The real question is: WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO HEIMLICH'S CHOO CHOO TRAIN? THE masterpiece of modern WDI. It puts Pandora to shame.

No no no. The real question is what are they doing with Tuck n Roll. I heard that when they built it way back when they were doing so in anticipation of Star Wars land balance out the crowds between Disneyland and DCA.

Old Mouseketeer

I noticed that too, solid black redaction squares on the bottom right Someone did that in a hurry. Black Panther looks like a last minute photoshop also. I don't get the soda/energy drink can behind the bus either.

The files appear to be updated. Now both DLP and HKDL have the Marvel brick, DL has no visible redaction square, and the file name says final instead of "no brick". Black Panther appears to be fully integrated, although like certain figures in all three posters he is out of scale. And I love the soda can! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom