News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

NiarrNDisney

So will the Buds Land rides just be trashed or will they be repurposed and moved to another area inside one of the parks?

I for one think Fliks Flyers are adorable and should be kept though moved. May even be a nice little spinner for DAK to bad there really isnt room for it on Discovery Island. Though I suppose they could retheme some of the rides and place them anywhere even TSL I'm sure some of the oversized props would actually work pretty well around the new land in DHS.

BrianLo

Alright, I've caught up.

Takeaway is there was a mad scramble to get the retail/restaurant/M&G components of the land open with the rides to follow. I assume something like 2021/22 for the two other rides.

The details are so vague, but more importantly it is actually starting, which was not something I felt confident about merely yesterday.

I'm unapologetically looking forward to it.

Curious Constance

So will the Buds Land rides just be trashed or will they be repurposed and moved to another area inside one of the parks?

I for one think Fliks Flyers are adorable and should be kept though moved. May even be a nice little spinner for DAK to bad there really isnt room for it on Discovery Island. Though I suppose they could retheme some of the rides and place them anywhere even TSL I'm sure some of the oversized props would actually work pretty well around the new land in DHS.
Per MiceChat, Flik's will be moved to Pixar Pier and themed to Inside Out.

AlexValve

So, basically a beverage that first appeared in The Incredible Hulk, the only MCU movie Disney can't have distribution rights of because Universal has them... maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

BrianLo

Keep in mind Chapek at D23 confirmed an Avengers and Spiderman attractions, which we've all heard about frequently rumoured here in the past. Avengers being a launched coaster similar to Florida's Guardians and Spiderman we've already seen the patent for. A pendulum based dark ride ~D-ticket.

The press release still references both joining Guardians. Immediately followed by the acknowledgement that it is being rolled out in phases.

Obviously the rollout is awkward. Ride (GoTG) -> Land -> Other two rides (Spiderman/Avengers). But it is what it is. The Eastern Gateway royally screwed this up.

Curious Constance

So, basically a beverage that first appeared in The Incredible Hulk, the only MCU movie Disney can't have distribution rights of because Universal has them... maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
90% of the people that visit will have no idea what it is. Somewhere along the line, it became unacceptable to simply watch a movie, enjoy it, and move on with your life. Movies now have become our whole reason for living. We need to devote years to learning all there is to know about the subject and buy anything with said movie's name on it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
90% of the people that visit will have no idea what it is. Somewhere along the line, it became unacceptable to simply watch a movie, enjoy it, and move on with your life. Movies now have become our whole reason for living. We need to devote years to learning all there is to know about the subject and buy anything with said movie's name on it.

Or with the advent of smart phones being in the parks it gives guests the ability to investigate and learn more about a reference.

Look at it a different way, how many sites and YouTube videos are devoted to little secrets about the parks. This is going to be no different.

mickEblu

Keep in mind Chapek at D23 confirmed an Avengers and Spiderman attractions, which we've all heard about frequently rumoured here in the past. Avengers being a launched coaster similar to Florida's Guardians and Spiderman we've already seen the patent for. A pendulum based dark ride ~D-ticket.

The press release still references both joining Guardians. Immediately followed by the acknowledgement that it is being rolled out in phases.

Obviously the rollout is awkward. Ride (GoTG) -> Land -> Other two rides (Spiderman/Avengers). But it is what it is. The Eastern Gateway royally screwed this up.

I just don’t see them eliminating 4 rides and a theatre show and replacing it with meet n greets. Even if it’s short term. I think the Antman shooter opens up with the land which should Make up for the capacity lost since its an omnimover.

Old Mouseketeer

Oh, I agree. Option 2 with the caveats you have outlined definitely seems like the plan. This seemed to become clearer once Bug’s Land was on the table for the expansion. I was more curious to see how firm this had become, as I know rumors had been going in both directions.

I would hope now that the Marvel Universe would be limited to this section of the park and would hate to see it expand into the Hollywoodland section any further. It would seem ludicrous that Marvel would occupy a complete side/half of the park when Star Wars is occupying such a relative smaller section. (And I say this as a 20 plus year Marvel zombie).

Well, there are always 20th Century Fox IP. o_O

Curious Constance

Or with the advent of smart phones being in the parks it gives guests the ability to investigate and learn more about a reference.

Look at it a different way, how many sites and YouTube videos are devoted to little secrets about the parks. This is going to be no different.
This appears to be anything but a little secret. It's a 30 foot soda can.

BrianLo

I just don’t see them eliminating 4 rides and a theatre show and replacing it with meet n greets. Even if it’s short term. I think the Antman shooter opens up with the land which should Make up for the capacity lost since its an omnimover.

Spiderman may open with it as it was predominately rumoured to be taking the Bugs Land area, but I think the timeline is too short.

I would love if someone more up and up than I am (@GiveMeTheMusic / @marni1971) would weigh in, but I really don't think there will be any more yield at the end of the day than the Avengers Coaster and Spiderman ride. Definitely no Ant man from Hong Kong. That's a Buzz overlay and while they specifically mention Ant-Man/The Wasp for HK, they definitely do not for DL. It's only "Avengers" and Spiderman joining.

I posited this a few months back as well as someone did in this thread. It may have evolved out of a happy coincidence with so many initial overlays, but it really seems like they are trying to keep every attraction unique. That fits into the Marvel theme park universe they are going for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom