By-request Merfupdate (until 1pm)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie dokie..

Merf's running off to Epcot and possibly other parts of WDW. Pretty sure i'll ride the monorail around, might wander into MK, probably going to do some shopping at DtD. I plan on getting a quick shower and being out of here in about 20mins at 1pm.

Any requests?

I'm planning on checking out:

-SSE trees/planter
-Fountain View tarps
-Epcot entrance work
-Contemporary progress and carpet and such

And.. that's it so far. Any other requests?

disneytopdog

Thanks Merf. Can you give a Love bug report. I will be there Sept 16-22. Those black bugs creep me out. What are wait times and crowd levels looking like? Are you going to be out there on the 13th? I am anxious for a HM review/report

nibblesandbits

Have a good day Merf. Wait times would be great to know. Not all of them of course, just a few. The majors if you could. Thanks! :wave:

SDav10495

Merf, could you check on what size shirts they have in the Epcot yellow palms shirt at MouseGear?

Thanks.

Seconded...specifically looking for size small. And as SweetMagic04 said, just scan MouseGears for any items of similar retro interest...if you have time, of course. Thanks! :)

ETA: Well, you're probably gone already...but whatever.

CaptainMichael

Pixar place if you are at DHS

It is roped off at the One Man's Dream side. It still looks pretty much the same save for some *minor* brickwork.

There is a random boxed-in area between the hat and Echo Lake...not sure what's going on there.

There is also some minor progress on the Jedi Academy thing.
-Star Tours sucks when there is no audio...:brick:

I doubt they've done any HM previews considering the "crowd" that's at the MK for Night of Joy. Maybe they'll open the gates tomorrow considering it opens officially on Wednesday. I would imagine some live testing needs to be done before it opens again.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm back.. couple of notes before I upload pics and such..

1. I hate Epcot Parking. Every single one of them, they're not CM's (for they are not playing a "role" unless they're the villians) and should be ashamed of themselves for being so incompitent.

2. Who asked me to goto MGM? I know you meant well, but it's time of my life I wish I had back. MGM seriously sucks.

3. I'm still wet from a 4pm rain storm. Got to watch the MK parade go into panic mode while I was trapped in torrential rain in the center on townsquare.

4. The Imagination potty - the happiest, cleanest, and most deserted potty on earth.

5. My feet hurt :( and I still hate Epcot parking. I drove all the way home and I -still- wish I could get all of them fired. Gah!!! *tries to think happy thoughts*

Pics and commentary in a few..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Oh, important thing i forgot to mention..

Yellow Epcot Retro shirts were there in a full rack, from Small to Xtra Large and everything in between.

Also, no sign of love bugs.

HinunterZuNich

Can someone buy me a SMALL and I will Paypal the money? I have a medium and was going to shrink it but now that they are available again :)

Anyone who can help me out, PM me!

disneytopdog

Thanks Merf....Just 7 more days for me...I hope those Bugs stay away. Sorry you had a bad time with the parking people. As bad of a days as you had. YOU got to go to EPCOT today. cant wait for the pics

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Photos!

Started at Epcot, but since MK was closing at 6pm for Night of Joy, I hustled up the monorail ramp - noticing this scaffolding at SSE:

908wdwmagic1.jpg

Anywho, off to a not-so-crowded MK. Peter Pan was only 30mins and it's FP was only an hour out. That's like.. unpossible.

908wdwmagic2.jpg

For the good stuff, over to Haunted Mansion..

908wdwmagic3.jpg

And they're still building the covered queue area..

908wdwmagic4.jpg

And the whole thing has been repainted.

908wdwmagic6.jpg

Of course, that level of snazzy could only be accomplished by one entity...

908wdwmagic5.jpg

For those who don't get it, the next pic set is ladder free.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
At this point I got stuck in the middle of townsquare as god decided it'd be nice to have an 8th ocean. I got very wet as the parade attempted to exit, and the performers tried to pretend they weren't soaked..

I also pulled a stupid and got on the express monorail - when I needed to goto the Contemporary for photos. Oh well, I got there eventually.

908wdwmagic7.jpg

I like the carpet, it's nifty, though I do sorta wish they had stuck with the reds and oranges... and yes that's torrential rain sheeting down the windows.

908wdwmagic8.jpg

And here's a random CM manager lady who happened to turn around as I took a photo of Tempo Grab n Go. Hi random lady!

FFFQL-908wdwmagic9.jpg

Anywho.. some MGM photos.. well, here's one:

908wdwmagic30.jpg

Yes, it looks pretty much identicle to how it looked before and you can't get any closer to check it out.

In other exciting MGM news, there's a random box:

908wdwmagic31.jpg

Maybe it'll be just as thrilling as Epcot's random box and reveal new concrete and a palm tree. Back to my comment about MGM s__________g, the park was open until 8pm and at 6:30 everyhting but Star Tours, Mermaid, Movie Ride, Sounds Dangerous and Tower were closed. No food even :( I was gonna starve or die of boredom, so of course I left..

And went back to Epcot :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom