By-request Merfupdate (until 1pm)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Did you ever notice the carpet in Gateway Gifts?

908wdwmagic29.jpg

Me either, but it's got a nifty SSE-esque pattern. Oh those wackey imagineers!

Anywho - the Fountain View:

908wdwmagic11.jpg

And close up..

908wdwmagic21.jpg

The only thing remotely resembling "new" Epcot retro merchandise, retailing at $19.95

908wdwmagic35.jpg

And of course there's the flowerbed..

908wdwmagic19.jpg

It's purple-tastic - and fluffy too!

908wdwmagic24.jpg

Over at Wonders, there's nothing amazing going on.

908wdwmagic17.jpg

Hi, my name is Merf, and I walked outside in the rain for a long time to nowhere to get a photo of nothing.

908wdwmagic18.jpg

jt04

Sorry about the mgm trip, but at least the sun always shines there.

And I promise I will never request anything again. Thanks

Enigma

Account Suspended
Question: Those awnings on the fountainview...did they have them in the old days or were those added during the millenium celebration?

Also: Are they really going to be done with Haunted Mansion by next weekend? looks like there still doing work on it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Whoo - space stuff!

908wdwmagic12.jpg

I love random signage. It makes me happy :) I almost took a photo of the "The next Wishes will be.. and Spectromagic is..." sign at MK, but it was pouring. There was also a sign that said " Night of Joy is SOLD OUT" and it also was not photographed :(

Back to the topic.. they filled the empty space with - Space Junk!

908wdwmagic13.jpg

Oh.. aah... ooh..

908wdwmagic14.jpg

If I had any idea what it did i'm sure i'd be totally impressed..

908wdwmagic15.jpg

And there's even one outside to prove they're waterproof.. or something..

908wdwmagic16.jpg

The exhibit was neat overall, but some nerd type were hogging the super cool touch screen panel thingy. Darn you nerds!

Obligatory SSE photo:

908wdwmagic20.jpg

And there's many more to come :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
No more big box trees..

908wdwmagic10.jpg

Le tree il n'est pas ici.

908wdwmagic25.jpg

But there's lot of dirt, probably atleast $30k worth..

908wdwmagic26.jpg

And here's the nifty form we haven't seen at night in ages:

908wdwmagic32.jpg

To the other side of SSE:

908wdwmagic23.jpg

And more of the scaffolding.. (thought I forgot didn't you?)

908wdwmagic22.jpg

Didn't forget, there's just nothing to see yet.

908wdwmagic27.jpg

Well, except maybe how grainy a low light photo can be..

908wdwmagic28.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Later on, someone got their big head in my photo :(

908wdwmagic33.jpg

And i tried to make Legacy look good..

908wdwmagic34.jpg

I don't really think I succeeded. That's all she wrote, enjoy :)

goofyfan13

2. Who asked me to goto MGM? I know you meant well, but it's time of my life I wish I had back. MGM seriously sucks.

Which is why I have no intention of going to that park until TSM opens, and with RnR closed, that makes me not want to go even more. Thanks for the photos though! Care to elaborate on your experience with Epcot parking? :wave:

EpcotServo

4. The Imagination potty - the happiest, cleanest, and most deserted potty on earth.

So true. It brings back many a memory of sitting around back there waiting for Soarin' and it still feels like the old Imagination. Plus it smells better than the actual ride!
:lol:

Figment571

All the space exhibit stuff is for the NEW Orion space ships. WE are going back to the moon! They are going to retire the space shuttles and use good old space capsules with rockets attached like the
Apollo missions.

It's kinda a big deal.

CSUFSteve

1. I hate Epcot Parking. Every single one of them, they're not CM's (for they are not playing a "role" unless they're the villians) and should be ashamed of themselves for being so incompitent.

2. Who asked me to goto MGM? I know you meant well, but it's time of my life I wish I had back. MGM seriously sucks.

The parking lot I hate is AK. I have no idea why we need to do the grand circle tour of the parking lot before we actually get to park. Lamest thing I've ever seen.

I'm so with you on the MGM thing. I only go there b/c your ToT kicks butt over DCA's, RnR, and GMR. Well, and the Walt film. Gotta visit Walt. I do like MGM TS restaurants though.

Mansion is looking pretty damn sexy. You don't realize how faded things get until you see them after a rehab. When our (DL) Splash came back up, it was friggin' amazing to see.

goofyfan13

All the space exhibit stuff is for the NEW Orion space ships. WE are going back to the moon! They are going to retire the space shuttles and use good old space capsules with rockets attached like the
Apollo missions.

It's kinda a big deal.

Yea, I'm hoping I'll be on one of those launches if I get into the space program. :D

Figment571

Holy Cahones! I wish you luck with that, any chance you could slip a moon rock.:lookaroun But seriously, this awesome finally we are going back to where we should already be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom