By-request Merfupdate (until 1pm)

diddy_mouse

Thanks for the nifty update, merf! And also kudos to you for braving the torrential FL rain to get shots of scaffolding, refurb locations (with The Ladder!), and great SSE pics for our enjoyment! :wave:

yensidtlaw1969

For the good stuff, over to Haunted Mansion..

908wdwmagic3.jpg

And they're still building the covered queue area..

908wdwmagic4.jpg

And the whole thing has been repainted.

908wdwmagic6.jpg
OMG!!!

The Mansion looks AMAZING! I not only approve, I absolutely LOVE it! Man, I thought I was excited before, but now I'm totally PUMPED for my trip! I'm gonna be there to see the Mansion the Day it re-opens :D :D :D :sohappy:

Yensid " will be back to his REAL home in 2 DAYS !!!" tlaw1969

cupanudles

Disney please remove all the millennium celebration circus tent garbage! The swirly things are also horribly out of place, remove those too please!
908wdwmagic11.jpg

Kalikala

Thanks for the updates!

I too really like the new coat of paint on the mansion. They managed to spiff it up without taking away from the mood.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why do I have a feeling Guest Relations will get a bunch of complaints about this exhibit?

:lookaroun
And I thought it was an upside down hidden Mickey..... :lol:

And it rained, and rained, and rained. Thanks for braving the weather, Merf. The sides of Project Tomorrow look amazing - I don`t think we`ve seen it like this since Earth Station had mosaic projection screens. I`ll second the bid for some major placemaking in Innoventions Plaza; the purple awning tubes just look ugly. I doubt they`ll dig out the ponds but some green and blue would be nice again.

Animaniac93-98

The new Mansion's paint job looks like the one from Tokyo Disneyland, which is a good thing :D . I see candles too, but are they actually candles? Thanks for the update Merf.

Hummer1676

Good to see that the ladder is still doing well. Hope he made a big impact on the Mansion Refurb. Thanks Merf, your a good man.

DiPSU224

Thank you as always for all your photo updates!

My cousin left for her honeymoon yesterday and I feel like it's the worst time to be in WDW! It seems like there are walls everywhere, some of the best rides are down, restaurants are booked/closed everywhere, torrential rain, MK closing at 6, etc! My husband and I talked it up as the best place in the world and they actually went because of our advice! I know a bad day in Disney is better than a good day at home, but I hope they still have a good time and want to go back...

Silvermist

Thanks Merf!

It does seem like everywhere you look there are walls and closings, but I'm so happy to see all this long overdue work happening to restore our beloved WDW! The last time we were there it was so sad to see the disrepair HM and SSE had fallen into. Now they're getting all the love they deserve. I can't wait to see them after completion! I have my fingers crossed they'll work similar magic on SM.

Has anyone heard of any plans to do away with those ugly, tacky brown designs on SSE supports(?)

908wdwmagic1.jpg

blech...

Get rid of those and the purple circus tent structure and it'll be perfect!!

:sohappy:

SDav10495

Thanks for all the info merf, especially about the shirts! Just in case anyone else still has one on back order, I found out today that I was finally charged for my size small yellow shirt which must mean it has shipped...I guess that's confirmed now that we know they're back in MouseGears.

JML42691

Thanks for all the info merf, especially about the shirts! Just in case anyone else still has one on back order, I found out today that I was finally charged for my size small yellow shirt which must mean it has shipped...I guess that's confirmed now that we know they're back in MouseGears.
Wait, where can you find them online?

Okie dokie..

Merf's running off to Epcot and possibly other parts of WDW. Pretty sure i'll ride the monorail around, might wander into MK, probably going to do some shopping at DtD. I plan on getting a quick shower and being out of here in about 20mins at 1pm.

Any requests?

I'm planning on checking out:

-SSE trees/planter
-Fountain View tarps
-Epcot entrance work
-Contemporary progress and carpet and such

And.. that's it so far. Any other requests?
Check out the progress of the DVC construction Animal Kingdom Lodge with pix please.Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom