News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimAnnFran

This thread was a sure nail-biter. I really enjoyed reading everyone's theories. That being said, I can't believe how sad I am over the old attractions. In my head, doesn't it make sense to just keep all the attractions so more people can be spread out further to eliminate waits? They HAVE THE MONEY clearly, to do it and the space.

I remember enjoying Cranium Command so much, and as a teacher, it really hit home, it was one of the reasons I designed a yearly excursion for the kids at the school to go to WDW and see things like it.

So sad EPCOT is just a shadow of itself. I know it's not necessarily a popular sentiment, (onward and upward, progress, and all that), but it's my sentiment.

KimAnnFran

Attractions left to rot by Disney:

-River Country (Set to be demo'd next year though)

-Discovery Island (No known future)

-Wonders of Life (Animatronic stolen from it, and looking to be gutted and partially demolished next year)

-Stitch's Great Escape (Animatronics ripped apart)

-Food Rocks

-DisneyQuest (For about three months before being demo'd)

-20K Leagues (until it was finally demo'd 10 years after abandonment)

-Studio Backlot Tour (until it was finally demo'd 2 years after abandonment)

Please, if you don't mind, where are the Food Rocks AAs?
@Zootopia Dude

trainplane3

You know this how? Sure seems to me if there’s a do not destroy tag from Disney archives, that conversation would have already been had. Otherwise we would see these tags all over the place for items that “might” be wanted for posterity. As far as I know, these do not destroy tags are a fairly rare sight.

@marni1971
I know this because of @marni1971 and a video from over a year ago (the orange tags say a similar thing):
DnD2.PNG
DnD.PNG

Martin explained that they should call prior to touching tagged items. Even if the they go to the Archives, they still may be deemed not worthy of storage space and then be destroyed or sold through official channels. Now I'm not disagreeing that Buzzy should be saved, he IS Epcot history and should be archived properly. I'm just saying that these tags do not mean it's a 100% sure fire thing that they're being archived that people believe they are.

Martin, if I misunderstood your explanation then please correct me. I'd rather be wrong and then corrected instead of spreading false info.

RSoxNo1

Well.

It transpires it was an unauthorised removal.

Given the sensitivity and nature of the ongoing topic I’m not going to post details. Or names.
I shouldn’t say more at the mo. It’s quite a web. Let’s see what comes out in the wash.
The logical resolution is that Back Door Disney did it, but here is my current understanding.

• BDD publicly stated that they questioned him on Buzzy (not a matter of public record, could be a lie)
  • BDD claims he was not trespassed by Disney and the arrest didn't happen at his house (seems likely considering the charge was non-violent resisting arrest)
I'm aware of his name based on his arrest record so it's safe to assume Disney knows his name as well. He claims that his place was searched and they found nothing. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, just that it's not at his place. He very well could have stolen it and had it sold before he managed to get it off property.

Having said that, we've heard #s of 300-600 lbs for the weight of the figure. It's highly unlikely that there weren't at least 2 people involved with the initial theft.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You know this how? Sure seems to me if there’s a do not destroy tag from Disney archives, that conversation would have already been had. Otherwise we would see these tags all over the place for items that “might” be wanted for posterity. As far as I know, these do not destroy tags are a fairly rare sight.

@marni1971
The tags are quite self explanatory. There are small versions, and the large, hard to miss versions.

Of course there’s always a risk they are ignored.

iHeartDisneylandCats

This thread was a sure nail-biter. I really enjoyed reading everyone's theories. That being said, I can't believe how sad I am over the old attractions. In my head, doesn't it make sense to just keep all the attractions so more people can be spread out further to eliminate waits? They HAVE THE MONEY clearly, to do it and the space.

I remember enjoying Cranium Command so much, and as a teacher, it really hit home, it was one of the reasons I designed a yearly excursion for the kids at the school to go to WDW and see things like it.

So sad EPCOT is just a shadow of itself. I know it's not necessarily a popular sentiment, (onward and upward, progress, and all that), but it's my sentiment.
The reason they didn't keep WoL open because it cost money to do so. It costs lots of money to run pavilions and staff them, and without WoL open, not only are they saving the operating costs, they are also pushing people out to shops and restaurants.
So whats the guesses on Buzzy's street value?
I could be wrong, and I have no inside info. But I want to guess at least 100K. I'm probably wayyyy off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom