News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This thread was a sure nail-biter. I really enjoyed reading everyone's theories. That being said, I can't believe how sad I am over the old attractions. In my head, doesn't it make sense to just keep all the attractions so more people can be spread out further to eliminate waits? They HAVE THE MONEY clearly, to do it and the space.

I remember enjoying Cranium Command so much, and as a teacher, it really hit home, it was one of the reasons I designed a yearly excursion for the kids at the school to go to WDW and see things like it.

So sad EPCOT is just a shadow of itself. I know it's not necessarily a popular sentiment, (onward and upward, progress, and all that), but it's my sentiment.

Yes, they have the money, the problem is that they don't want to spend it.

NormC

They are filming the backstory for the GotG roller coaster queue preshow about how Buzzy got in the collection. They are using naive people on social media to spread the word to create a buzz. LOL

jt04

Yes, they have the money, the problem is that they don't want to spend it.

Do you have the total of what they have spent on infrastructure, Disney Springs, Flamingo Crossing, Pandora, SWL, Rat, MMRR, Gondolas, CBR, Coronado, Riviera, Tron, TSL and parking garages?

Edit. New projection shows, and new World Showcase show also.

dreamfinder

I forgot I had this photo, I thought I would share it as point of reference for what it looks like when Disney removes an animatronic.
View attachment 336219

I'd question if that was a WDW removal, or 3rd party removal. Judging from the content of the racks it looks like its a surplus company warehouse. Alot of times they are brought in to do the stripping/removal themselves. They pay for the removal/demo by selling the surplus, so it behooves them to do it cleanly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you have the total of what they have spent on infrastructure, Disney Springs, Flamingo Crossing, Pandora, SWL, Rat, MMRR, Gondolas, CBR, Coronado, Riviera, Tron, TSL and parking garages?

Edit. New projection shows, and new World Showcase show also.

I wasn't trying to make a case that Disney isn't spending money. The OP asked why they don't keep every possible attraction open to make the guests happy. The reason is that Disney doesn't feel it's necessary to spend that money.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are filming the backstory for the GotG roller coaster queue preshow about how Buzzy got in the collection. They are using naive people on social media to spread the word to create a buzz. LOL

Are you saying that Epcot's GotG coaster is going to use the Collector like Anaheim's ToT? :cautious:

Dragonman

I just didn't want to think of them just sitting in some theater

Alot of of them were sold by MouseSurplus on eBay years ago in rather poor shape. Most were likely destroyed perhaps. The ones that are shown at events are some of the older ones from Kitchen Kabaret. None were left in the theatre during its abandonment

Last edited:

brb1006

Who is Buzzy?
This is Buzzy
145001027JKyQUl_fs.jpg

The AA
60b271f0.jpg

backinaction

This thread was a sure nail-biter. I really enjoyed reading everyone's theories. That being said, I can't believe how sad I am over the old attractions. In my head, doesn't it make sense to just keep all the attractions so more people can be spread out further to eliminate waits? They HAVE THE MONEY clearly, to do it and the space.

I remember enjoying Cranium Command so much, and as a teacher, it really hit home, it was one of the reasons I designed a yearly excursion for the kids at the school to go to WDW and see things like it.

So sad EPCOT is just a shadow of itself. I know it's not necessarily a popular sentiment, (onward and upward, progress, and all that), but it's my sentiment.
They got rid of it for the same reason they got rid of the country bears holiday overlay. $

s8film40

I'd question if that was a WDW removal, or 3rd party removal. Judging from the content of the racks it looks like its a surplus company warehouse. Alot of times they are brought in to do the stripping/removal themselves. They pay for the removal/demo by selling the surplus, so it behooves them to do it cleanly.
I took this photo myself. This was in the Disney owned and operated warehouse on Hoagland in Kissimmee near the airport. As to who did the removal I couldn't say, but the point still remains that this is an animatronic that Disney removed or had removed with the intention of storing it and continuing to own it.

dreamfinder

I took this photo myself. This was in the Disney owned and operated warehouse on Hoagland in Kissimmee near the airport. As to who did the removal I couldn't say, but the point still remains that this is an animatronic that Disney removed or had removed with the intention of storing it and continuing to own it.

Fair enough. Still looks alot like some of the places Mouse Surplus and the like operated out of.

s8film40

Fair enough. Still looks alot like some of the places Mouse Surplus and the like operated out of.
Yeah it was actually very similar. It was interesting because it was a weird mix of stuff. Mixed in amongst animatronics, models, and ride vehicles was ordinary things like office equipment and paper products. I went specifically to see the two Mark IV monorails, but there were so many other interesting things like these Figments, Skyway cars, Astro Jets, movie vehicles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom