News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draybook

I forgot who said it but someone pointed out before that Buzzy's AA was crudely cut, right into one with hydraulic fluid still in it. If WDI removed him, why did they cut him out so crudely? And what for? :cautious:

Have you seen the way Disney treats their forgotten items?

Indy_UK

For my podcast, Cinemoddities, last night I interviewed Matthew Serrano and Dave Ensign about Matthew's documentary, "Sneaking into a Forgotten Disney World Ride." In this interview many topics were discussed, but one topic I couldn't help but share a snippet of early! Dave shared with us the fate of Buzzy. According to Dave, Buzzy was never stolen just removed from his perch by WDI, w/o them notifying park operations and security. Here's the clip of the interview where Dave discusses what happened to Buzzy:

Hand on, so after 92 pages of The mystery of Buzzy being stolen, it turns out he's just moved to imagineering? Lol

Disney fans in here can be the worst sometimes

Magenta Panther

Hand on, so after 92 pages of The mystery of Buzzy benign stolen, it turns out he's just moved to a imagineering? Lol

Disney fans in here can be the worst sometimes

So how is it the Disney fans' fault? All the fans knew was that Buzzy went missing, with his hydraulic lines crudely cut, and then it's discovered that the figure's clothes and hands were stolen earlier and sold, and so...people feared the worst? Why on earth wouldn't they?

Indy_UK

I just don't get why people make such a big thing about it. It must be memories of the attraction or something.

It's an anamatromic. There's bigger things out there to worry about

Magenta Panther

I just don't get why people make such a big thing about it. It must be memories of the attraction or something.

It's an anamatromic. There's bigger things out there to worry about

Sure, but this is a Walt Disney World discussion board. And an animatronic going missing, perhaps stolen, is rather a big thing here. I don't think fans were being unreasonable. For my part, I never saw Buzzy in action, so nostalgia had nothing to do with my interest in this topic.

TwilightZone

So how is it the Disney fans' fault? All the fans knew was that Buzzy went missing, with his hydraulic lines crudely cut, and then it's discovered that the figure's clothes and hands were stolen earlier and sold, and so...people feared the worst? Why on earth wouldn't they?
Plus, you know, Marni confirming that the removal was not done by the archives.

Figments Friend

That’s okay. I don’t get why people like dole whips.

Ya gotta have em' at Disneyland in California.
THE 'Dole Whip, in my opinion, because they still use the essential 'accessories' that should accompany any Dole Whip Float -
Paper umbrella pick, with a cherry and sometimes ..if you are really lucky, a fresh slice of citrus.
Mmmm......yum......
:hungry:

DreamfinderGuy

Can someone explain why if somebody says he was stolen it results in 92 pages of speculation, but if someone says he wasn’t stolen everyone jumps to the “Mystery Solved” conclusion? I’d like to hear more from Dave, and ofc hear some answers to the unsolved questions like why they hastily removed him and didn’t clean it up.

The Pho

Can someone explain why if somebody says he was stolen it results in 92 pages of speculation, but if someone says he wasn’t stolen everyone jumps to the “Mystery Solved” conclusion? I’d like to hear more from Dave, and ofc hear some answers to the unsolved questions like why they hastily removed him and didn’t clean it up.
Because not being stolen makes it uninteresting and sounds more plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom