News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightZone

For my podcast, Cinemoddities, last night I interviewed Matthew Serrano and Dave Ensign about Matthew's documentary, "Sneaking into a Forgotten Disney World Ride." In this interview many topics were discussed, but one topic I couldn't help but share a snippet of early! Dave shared with us the fate of Buzzy. According to Dave, Buzzy was never stolen just removed from his perch by WDI, w/o them notifying park operations and security. Here's the clip of the interview where Dave discusses what happened to Buzzy:

All three of the educational films are now up.

Lot of familiar voices in here. Lorenzo Music, Rob Paulsen, and maybe Christine Cavanaugh and Scott Menville as Captain Cortex.

A good day for buzzy! Happy endings all around!

Goofyernmost

Uhm, the "considerable trouble" they went through to "secure" the area was a curtain.

A freaking curtain.

That's not "considerable trouble", that is cheapness and laziness.

:rolleyes:
I'm not talking about that specific area, I talking about the general knowledge that backstage is verboten. Everyone that is a fan knows about it. The doors may be unlocked but, one still should expect that people will not go past those barriers. I don't even think it is a curtain, the general area perhaps, but, it is obvious that no one should be in there. Roll your eyes if you must, but, people with any semblance of wanting to do what is right and want to respect the rights of others shouldn't need anymore then a curtain. This whole idea that in order to have the security that we won't be violated in any form by spending large amounts of money to secure something of little value, is the maximum garbage that can be put out in defense of the indefensible.

No one should be going back there and those that are going back there know that. They are deliberately breaking and entering even if that involves no more then pulling back a curtain. We all lock our doors, but, if someone wants to get in just how long do you think that it will take to get past that. Probably as fast as if they only had to turn a doorknob. With the door unlocked or with it locked, if it is known that one has no legitimate reason to be wandering around that property, they are trespassing and by moving that curtain are in affect breaking and entering. What is wrong is wrong no matter how many ways one tries to twist it around.

There is a reason why nothing has been released about the missing Buzzy. It would either be because they don't really care about the AA itself or that it isn't really missing, just in a different place. We are the ones that are making this into a kidnapped baby scenario. Either way, it has little affect on anyone's life other then the person or persons that took/moved it. It will not be at all problematic unless one day an envelope with a ransom note and Buzzy's ear shows up. I feel confident that they don't give a snot about Buzzy, which for the last 10 years has been nothing more then an accumulation of nuts and bolts to Disney. However, if someone was in there for any reason, be it filming for You Tube or taking it's clothing for resale. Either one is against the law. One is more serious then the other value wise, but, still not what is supposed to be happening in a civilized society. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member

I'll one up you... from Dec 25

How’s this for a potential twist... what if it was someone in Disney who simply did it without prior permission? Like what if some imagineers took it on themselves to remove the figure because of some decision they didn’t agree with? I’m not saying they would have hid it, but what if it was done without permission? That could be a theory that fits the pieces shared so far.

Not too far off from Hoot's description.. maybe a debate on who NEEDS permission to do this, but clearly a communication failure in Hoot's story..

Or my Dec 29 post
What if local someone local did something in response to the thefts and just said "if there isn't anything to see here... people will stop breaking in" and just trashed it.

We don't know under what circumstances he left... and the info we do have could be interpreted multiple ways

I think I nailed both goalposts.. even if the answer was in between :)

And this is why 'partial information' must be respected as such... not simply people filling in gaps with their own interpretation. I only laid out possibilities.. while others ran with assumptions :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I forgot who said it but someone pointed out before that Buzzy's AA was crudely cut, right into one with hydraulic fluid still in it. If WDI removed him, why did they cut him out so crudely? And what for? :cautious:

That was 'interpretation' of how it was removed.

Also remember supposedly the 'hydrolic fluid was everywhere' comment was supposed to be relayed in the police interview.. yet the actual police report talks only about the clothing... and the timelines don't matchup.

Basically... ignore the 'crudely cut' "facts"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I forgot who said it but someone pointed out before that Buzzy's AA was crudely cut, right into one with hydraulic fluid still in it. If WDI removed him, why did they cut him out so crudely? And what for? :cautious:

Maybe they decided Buzzy was never to be animated again and so, no need to be delicate with the disconnection. Or, they decided to re-rig Buzzy with state of the art actuators, and so, no need to be delicate.

HMFan999

Disney security according to this thread:

1547859767874.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not talking about that specific area, I talking about the general knowledge that backstage is verboten. Everyone that is a fan knows about it. The doors may be unlocked but, one still should expect that people will not go past those barriers. I don't even think it is a curtain, the general area perhaps, but, it is obvious that no one should be in there. Roll your eyes if you must, but, people with any semblance of wanting to do what is right and want to respect the rights of others shouldn't need anymore then a curtain. This whole idea that in order to have the security that we won't be violated in any form by spending large amounts of money to secure something of little value, is the maximum garbage that can be put out in defense of the indefensible.

No one should be going back there and those that are going back there know that. They are deliberately breaking and entering even if that involves no more then pulling back a curtain. We all lock our doors, but, if someone wants to get in just how long do you think that it will take to get past that. Probably as fast as if they only had to turn a doorknob. With the door unlocked or with it locked, if it is known that one has no legitimate reason to be wandering around that property, they are trespassing and by moving that curtain are in affect breaking and entering. What is wrong is wrong no matter how many ways one tries to twist it around.

There is a reason why nothing has been released about the missing Buzzy. It would either be because they don't really care about the AA itself or that it isn't really missing, just in a different place. We are the ones that are making this into a kidnapped baby scenario. Either way, it has little affect on anyone's life other then the person or persons that took/moved it. It will not be at all problematic unless one day an envelope with a ransom note and Buzzy's ear shows up. I feel confident that they don't give a snot about Buzzy, which for the last 10 years has been nothing more then an accumulation of nuts and bolts to Disney. However, if someone was in there for any reason, be it filming for You Tube or taking it's clothing for resale. Either one is against the law. One is more serious then the other value wise, but, still not what is supposed to be happening in a civilized society. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why are you still here talking in circles?

My95cobras

Based on the narrative that we know so far it sounds like they had credible reason to believe that these text messages/images were on his phone, but they were not found once the search warrant was executed. That or they were found and they just haven't charged him yet. They could be waiting on the DA to sign off on charges or still be building the case somehow.
No da’s in Florida...

My95cobras

Uhm, the "considerable trouble" they went through to "secure" the area was a curtain.

A freaking curtain.

That's not "considerable trouble", that is cheapness and laziness.

:rolleyes:

Or the ropes and the door and the signs and everything else just to get into the building....

If I leave my door unlocked... I’ll give you one guess what would happen if someone came in.

There’s no difference between a door and a curtain.

iHeartDisneylandCats

For my podcast, Cinemoddities, last night I interviewed Matthew Serrano and Dave Ensign about Matthew's documentary, "Sneaking into a Forgotten Disney World Ride." In this interview many topics were discussed, but one topic I couldn't help but share a snippet of early! Dave shared with us the fate of Buzzy. According to Dave, Buzzy was never stolen just removed from his perch by WDI, w/o them notifying park operations and security. Here's the clip of the interview where Dave discusses what happened to Buzzy:

Finally some real info. Thanks a lot, now I just want to know the exact reason they slashed the connections.
Check the GOTG line once built..
Lol that would be pretty slick of Disney to pull something like that. Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom